Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Forum Helpdesk: F13 Suggestions & Feedback - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57790/t1742675-forum-helpdesk-f13-suggestions-feedback/

Author:   D3structor
Date:   Jun 29, 12 at 10:58am (PST)
Subject:   Forum Helpdesk: F13 Suggestions & Feedback
-------------------------------------------
Hello, all. with the birth of the new forum, we need new feeback and new suggestions.

Feel free to say here your concerns and/or Praises for the forum.

Au revoir.

This message was edited by Chelskiman(164408) on 2012-07-12T20:53:10-07:00.

Author:   sUpErGiNi77
Date:   Jun 30, 12 at 3:07am (PST)
Subject:   re: Forum Helpdesk: F13 Suggestions & Feedback
I am very concerned that you were the person who made the helpdesk

Nah, this forum needs pinning from the Fifa 12 forum.

Author:   D3structor
Date:   Jun 30, 12 at 4:14am (PST)
You're welcome sUpErGiNi77

And AndyD_U Cheers for stickying.

Author:   Guugley
Date:   Jul 18, 12 at 7:55am (PST)
DragoniteBallZ AndyD_U fifthcolumn (and I'll PM Bs since tagging doesn't work) Dynamite

The tag things make the forum look absolutely horrid. Is there no way to make it so they're there (As an, that certain property attached to thread) but not visible?

Author:   Dynamite
Date:   Jul 18, 12 at 8:02am (PST)
quote Guugley
(and I'll PM Bs since tagging doesn't work)
Tagging works fine. The system was amended to permit users with 2 letters to be notified. Hi Bs.
quote Guugley
The tag things make the forum look absolutely horrid. Is there no way to make it so they're there (As an, that certain property attached to thread) but not visible?
What "tag things?" The prefixes? Hiding them would kinda defeat the purpose. They look okay to me. The PES guys did a good job of making proper images for them though. If people want to suggest alternative colors or create prefix images for this forum that would be a more preferable solution than hiding them entirely.

Author:   Saeglopur
Date:   Jul 18, 12 at 8:02am (PST)
Haha, thanks Guugley, but tagging me has worked for a while now! (Hi, Dynamite! )

Chelskiman and I were actually talking about this yesterday. We were wondering about if anyone would be willing to make some tags similar to the style of the ones in the PES 12 and PES 13 forum, perhaps using the red 13 logo instead of the PES logo and using the FIFA font for the text, or something similar. The ones at the moment could definitely do with some improvement. If someone wanted to make some more elaborate images for the tags instead of what's being used at the moment, I could copy my code from the PES forums over here to implement it all.

Date:   Jul 18, 12 at 8:12am (PST)
Ah, didn't know that! Bs

Dynamite yeah, the prefixes, my bad. How would it defeat the purpose? I thought (Although obviously I could be wrong) they were there for filtering/searching purposes? If that's the case then my suggestion of them still being assigned to a thread and users still having the option to filter, yet on the main board they're not visible as a prefix, makes sense. To me at least, unless there's something I'm missing. D:

Date:   Jul 18, 12 at 8:16am (PST)
I'm sure it would be possible to implement some kind of show or hide prefix tag option for the main board for those who didn't want them, while still being able to keep them in the subheader for filtering. It might have already been discussed, I don't know? Dynamite?

Author:   Dynamite
Date:   Jul 18, 12 at 8:25am (PST)
Bs: Yes, this is possible. See the Music forum for an example of that in action. You can toggle the prefixes on/off in the top right. They should default to "on" though; hiding them universally isn't really how we want to see them used. They're called "prefixes" as that's exactly what they do: get prefixed to thread titles. They're suppose to provide an at-a-glance classification of threads. I can explore the possibility of getting the toggle added, though.

Date:   Jul 18, 12 at 8:38am (PST)
Thanks Bs Dynamite

Date:   Jul 18, 12 at 8:41am (PST)
Dynamite - Thought I'd seen it done somewhere, but I wasn't sure if it was a toggle to change between different tag designs or to toggle them off completely. I suppose both could be done if desired. In terms of the tags here though, I don't know if anyone in the forum is particularly into their graphics stuff, or perhaps we could open it out into its own thread discussion to see if anyone wants to put some designs forward. Guugley might not mind them so much if they didn't look so 'absolutely horrid'!

Author:   Chelskiman
Date:   Jul 18, 12 at 5:19pm (PST)
quote Guugley
DragoniteBallZ AndyD_U fifthcolumn (and I'll PM Bs since tagging doesn't work) Dynamite

I've been the one tagging threads (along with Andy who has done some as well). But yeah, as Bs said we've discussed making much more attractive tags for the forum, much like the PES 2012/2013 forums have. Just need to find somebody to make them now!

Date:   Aug 01, 12 at 8:12am (PST)
New thread tags have kindly been made by Jord22, so I'll get them up on the forum in the next couple of days hopefully.

Date:   Aug 03, 12 at 5:04am (PST)
All done and in place. Enjoy.

Date:   Aug 07, 12 at 8:44am (PST)
ooohhh look much better! cheers Bs Jord22

I'd still like to be able to hide them though.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.