Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: What game mode will you play during the Double XP weekend coming up? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57614/t1821918-game-mode-you-play-during-double-xp-weekend-coming-up/

Author:   Baller142
Date:   Jan 23, 13 at 10:56pm (PST)
Subject:   What game mode will you play during the Double XP weekend coming up?
-------------------------------------------
So as many of you have heard, if not then you have now, that Black Ops II will be having another Double XP weekend this weekend. I am excited because I have been waiting for this for a while. I just wanted to see what you guys will be playing and why. I personally, will be playing Kill Confirmed because I rank up like crazy in this game mode. Average I get about 15k xp a match in Kill Confirmed and the rest just about 4-9k. So what game mode will you be playing?

Author:   Boyd
Date:   Jan 23, 13 at 11:27pm (PST)
Subject:   re: What game mode will you play during the Double XP weekend coming up?
If people have Nuketown I would guess they will be playing nuketown24/7. I personally don't need to level up as i'm prestige 10 level 49 but I would be playing Domination/Kill Confirmd

Author:   MistaCloudStrife
Date:   Jan 24, 13 at 1:22am (PST)
Subject:   re: What game mode will you play during the Double XP weekend coming up?
Used to get 20-30k XP regularly on Nuketown back when it was double XP. I reached Prestige Master since, so unless they raise the Prestige Cap, I'll just be playing the new maps since I'm assuming that's what this double XP weekend is for.

Author:   Baller142
Date:   Jan 24, 13 at 2:26am (PST)
Actually, the double XP weekend is this weekend and the maps dont come out until tuesday, so the new maps are out of the question. Im only prestige 4 myself as I just got the game a month ago I think? Plus I dont get on much. I only play about 2-3 days out of the week and only for about 5 hours on those days. So hopefully this double XP makes up for the lost time.

Date:   Jan 24, 13 at 3:17am (PST)
Guess there's no need for me to participate in this double XP weekend then. I'll probably only play if my friends get on. If not, I'll probably just get on Tuesday then. I've almost completely stopped playing since I don't know what to work towards now. I'm still in the process of getting diamond shotguns and assault rifles, but playing the same maps and not gaining anything XP-wise kills it for me.

Author:   redmanc90
Date:   Jan 24, 13 at 5:33am (PST)
I have Nuketown but never seem to do well when I play on it - even with Flack Jacket and Tac Mask die to BS.

I'll be playing Hardpoint mostly. Probably the easiest gametype that you can carry a team solo. At this point, I pretty much know all the rotations so can get the jump on a new HP. Start transitioning to the new HP with 20secs to go to establish spawns and control and it becomes very easy to get killstreaks & high score games = more XP!

+ Hardpoint is the gametype I can play for a long period of time and not get bored (at the moment)

Author:   BFC-Slander
Date:   Jan 25, 13 at 4:57pm (PST)
I'd say probably hardcore kill confirmed

Author:   IUSEthePM-9
Date:   Jan 25, 13 at 11:58pm (PST)
Went from level 10 to level 46 in about five hours, I may make master prestige before the end of this weekend! Nuketown 2025 is worth it, but only in a party, we actually didn't lose a game today, with the exception of the host's Xbox freezing (he was in our party, it was an honest freeze).

Author:   bharthts01
Date:   Jan 26, 13 at 12:32am (PST)
No nuketown 24/7?

Date:   Jan 26, 13 at 1:15am (PST)
quote bharthts01
No nuketown 24/7?
There's Nuketown. I just played it.

I just played a bit of HC Search and then went straight to Nuketown today. Doubt I'll play much unless my friends send me a text. Just waiting patiently for the new maps.

Author:   bharthts01
Date:   Jan 26, 13 at 1:25am (PST)
I haven't got nuketown on any of my playlists.

Does it need to be hardened or prestiged edition to get nuketown playlist?

I'm on ps3

Date:   Jan 26, 13 at 2:18am (PST)
quote bharthts01
I haven't got nuketown on any of my playlists.

Does it need to be hardened or prestiged edition to get nuketown playlist?

I'm on ps3
You need to have gotten the preorder edition of the game and put in the code to have Nuketown on your playlist.

Author:   DrMario24
Date:   Jan 26, 13 at 8:18am (PST)
The same I always play. TD and One in the Chamber.

Author:   DarkBlade725
Date:   Jan 26, 13 at 9:53am (PST)
I would play Nuketown but lots of nades or explosives coming so I need a good perk setup

Author:   donmonster
Date:   Jan 26, 13 at 10:14am (PST)
quote DarkBlade725
I would play Nuketown but lots of nades or explosives coming so I need a good perk setup
I've been running Flak Jacket, cold blooded, dexterity/ extreme conditioning since I got the game. If it works for me then why change it right?

Played nuketown for about 4 hours yesterday made it from 47 7th prestige to 21 8th prestige. Almost every match was either domination or demolition so grenade spam was really prominent. But it wasn't really a problem.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.