Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Your KD - page 4

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57614/t1820998-your-kd/4.htm

Author:   IUSEthePM-9
Date:   Jan 25, 13 at 11:47pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Your KD
-------------------------------------------
quote MistaCloudStrife
Well, maybe not all of them at the same time, but enough air support to keep me from doing anything. And it isn't so bad getting scorestreaks in TDM. I was watching some yt video about scorestreaks and I thought I'd break away from the usual UAV/counter-UAV setup I use and slapped on VSAT, Warthog, Lodestar. My first game I looped through these streaks twice. We were on Plaza though, so the enemy team weren't messed up as bad as I thought they might be with those scorestreaks. They just spawned in shelter and never came out. I never catch breaks like that.
So, deaths aren't even remotely in the question, you had 30 kills + whatever those score streaks got you? And this is from a guy with a 1.28 KD? I'm teetering on the edge of calling bullshit. If you said you were using anything other than the PDW or MSMC, forget about it.

Author:   MistaCloudStrife
Date:   Jan 26, 13 at 1:05am (PST)
quote IUSEthePM-9
So, deaths aren't even remotely in the question, you had 30 kills + whatever those score streaks got you? And this is from a guy with a 1.28 KD? I'm teetering on the edge of calling bullshit. If you said you were using anything other than the PDW or MSMC, forget about it.
MP7. Tons better than the PDW and MSMC imo. It kind of reminds me of the MP5K from the original black ops. A beast if you know how to tame it. And any real CoD player knows that K/D means almost nothing. If I restart my stats and never use any other gun but the one I prefer, never do any challenges or leave every game I start going negative, then yeah, I'll have better K/D. But this is a game, and messing around sometimes is what keeps it interesting. Shield and going specifically for headshots only to unlock camos faster is what dropped my K/D. And running around naked trying to get Cherry Blossom and Art of War camos is easy for the most part, but I'll go negative by a lot when the other team starts spamming concussions. And then there's the original day of release when I was running around not knowing what to do or knowing what gun suits me. I ended up just getting diamond SMGs before I realized that the MP7 was the best gun for me(the last gun I turned gold) and now I probably have around 10k kills with the MP7 alone. Anyway, after slowing down my gold collecting after getting prestige master, my previous 1.15 ratio has only been going up. VERY slowly might I add, because of all the deaths I have to make up for, but I have yet to hover over a certain ratio for very long before I see another .01 added.

And as for the guns, the PDW and MSMC aren't always the best guns depending on someones skill level. I've seen some people do work with the KSG. I would say THAT gun is cheaper than any other gun in the right hands. You can get a 1 hit kill headshot using a shotgun at sniper rifle range. That is cheap AF.

But anyway, I would be willing to play you sometime if you really doubt my skill that much. I don't play as much as when it first came out since I'm bored of the maps, but I should be good enough to show you I get over a 1.28 consistently.

Date:   Jan 26, 13 at 6:35am (PST)
quote MistaCloudStrife
MP7. Tons better than the PDW and MSMC imo. It kind of reminds me of the MP5K from the original black ops. A beast if you know how to tame it. And any real CoD player knows that K/D means almost nothing. If I restart my stats and never use any other gun but the one I prefer, never do any challenges or leave every game I start going negative, then yeah, I'll have better K/D. But this is a game, and messing around sometimes is what keeps it interesting. Shield and going specifically for headshots only to unlock camos faster is what dropped my K/D. And running around naked trying to get Cherry Blossom and Art of War camos is easy for the most part, but I'll go negative by a lot when the other team starts spamming concussions. And then there's the original day of release when I was running around not knowing what to do or knowing what gun suits me. I ended up just getting diamond SMGs before I realized that the MP7 was the best gun for me(the last gun I turned gold) and now I probably have around 10k kills with the MP7 alone. Anyway, after slowing down my gold collecting after getting prestige master, my previous 1.15 ratio has only been going up. VERY slowly might I add, because of all the deaths I have to make up for, but I have yet to hover over a certain ratio for very long before I see another .01 added.

And as for the guns, the PDW and MSMC aren't always the best guns depending on someones skill level. I've seen some people do work with the KSG. I would say THAT gun is cheaper than any other gun in the right hands. You can get a 1 hit kill headshot using a shotgun at sniper rifle range. That is cheap AF.

But anyway, I would be willing to play you sometime if you really doubt my skill that much. I don't play as much as when it first came out since I'm bored of the maps, but I should be good enough to show you I get over a 1.28 consistently.
Okay, so KD means almost nothing? So I'm in a 1v1 combat situation with someone, on my way to a flag. A good KD player wins the fight, helps the team cap the flag and they win. A bad player loses the gunfight, respawns, runs back, loses, runs back, all the while feeding streaks to the enemy (but it's okay lol, he's an objective player, he's doing his best). You see where I'm going with this? How many amazing players do you know, that have good win rates, that have a negative KD? Very few, and that's because a good KD/gunskill gets the job done. Not every high KD player is a good objective player, but most good objective players have high KDs, it's a part of clearing the enemy out, and keeping them off objectives that counts as well, not just capping flags. I have a mate who has a 3.6 KD, and a 0.38 W/L, and he dashboards the instant his KD drops below two. Is he a good player? *bleep* no, does KD mean everything? *bleep* no, but I'm a better objective player than my 1.20 KD friends, because I can defend flags longer. KD is not everything, but it does mean something.

The crutch guns of the game, the MSMC and PDW, may not be the best weapons for a good player, because guns that take skill to use, like the FAL or KSG, are much better in the hands of skilled players. My point is though, that while the MSMC and PDW aren't necessarily the best guns (try telling MP7 *bleep*s in MW3 that the MK14 and Type were better guns) they make bad players look semi decent, while a good player has no need of them, so they come off as very nooby guns.

Hey man, if you live in Australia, and play Xbox, I'd be up for that, but anywhere else and the host would just wreck :/ I don't really know if I doubt your skill persay, but I've just never seen anyone get two Lodestars in a game in TDM, your team mates would have to have been sitting in the back of the map, because if they were bad, they would have died, feeding the enemy streaks which could ruin you. I don't think I'll ever believe that game happened until I see proof, but the footage is probably conveniently long gone :/

Author:   MistaCloudStrife
Date:   Jan 26, 13 at 8:13am (PST)
quote IUSEthePM-9
Okay, so KD means almost nothing? So I'm in a 1v1 combat situation with someone, on my way to a flag. A good KD player wins the fight, helps the team cap the flag and they win. A bad player loses the gunfight, respawns, runs back, loses, runs back, all the while feeding streaks to the enemy (but it's okay lol, he's an objective player, he's doing his best). You see where I'm going with this? How many amazing players do you know, that have good win rates, that have a negative KD? Very few, and that's because a good KD/gunskill gets the job done. Not every high KD player is a good objective player, but most good objective players have high KDs, it's a part of clearing the enemy out, and keeping them off objectives that counts as well, not just capping flags. I have a mate who has a 3.6 KD, and a 0.38 W/L, and he dashboards the instant his KD drops below two. Is he a good player? *bleep* no, does KD mean everything? *bleep* no, but I'm a better objective player than my 1.20 KD friends, because I can defend flags longer. KD is not everything, but it does mean something.

The crutch guns of the game, the MSMC and PDW, may not be the best weapons for a good player, because guns that take skill to use, like the FAL or KSG, are much better in the hands of skilled players. My point is though, that while the MSMC and PDW aren't necessarily the best guns (try telling MP7 *bleep*s in MW3 that the MK14 and Type were better guns) they make bad players look semi decent, while a good player has no need of them, so they come off as very nooby guns.

Hey man, if you live in Australia, and play Xbox, I'd be up for that, but anywhere else and the host would just wreck :/ I don't really know if I doubt your skill persay, but I've just never seen anyone get two Lodestars in a game in TDM, your team mates would have to have been sitting in the back of the map, because if they were bad, they would have died, feeding the enemy streaks which could ruin you. I don't think I'll ever believe that game happened until I see proof, but the footage is probably conveniently long gone :/
I would say quite a number of my friends are good at CoD and have negative K/Ds with positive W/L. One of them is around 0.8 but has a 1.5 or so W/L. He's been good at CoD since CoD4, but he still thinks he can rush an entire team and take them out. It isn't until he looks at the scoreboard that he starts slowing his butt down and playing more conservatively. Either way, he's an objective player that can defend well and also the type that'll smoke and try to defuse a bomb only to get hit by a cheap C4 coming from over a wall or something.

Either way, I don't understand what you mean about objective games. It's easier to play objective games. You know where people are coming from and can further anticipate where they're going to be even more than TDM or KC. The only people that suck are the people that think that the same strategies in TDM will work on more objective based games. It's easy to cap a flag and just wait for the other team to try and take it from you. Or better yet, once I get the objective I'll start spawn trapping. And plus, there are many times when I'll be in a game and my team won't even be playing the objective. Just going for kills and getting their higher scorestreaks. They'll go say... 40-3 and I'll be somewhere around 27-10 lets say, I'll still be ahead of them in points and on the lobby after the game. That's another reason why KD really doesn't matter. Not doing an objective, camping and picking off people who are running for an objective isn't skill at all.

I think the MSMC and PDW make bad players still look pretty bad, but that might be because I use an SMG as well, so it's all about who's a better shot. Also, I think that the actual guns you use greatly affect your KD as well since guns need to be played a certain way. I love playing with the SMGs because I like running around and being able to pick off people from close to mid distance and still have at least a sliver of a chance at killing someone at longer ranges. But apparently I have higher KDs when I use Assault Rifles and Shotguns. For Assault Rifles I tend to stay away from tight places and get to places with a good view of higher traffic areas. Shotguns, I stay in smaller areas so I know I can get the one hit kill. Since I play like that with those weapons, I actually get higher KDs; but my SMGs, which I think are more fun to play with but come with more risk each don't get any higher than 1.16. My MTAR is at 1.45 and my MCS is 1.32, both of which I got to gold and stopped using.

I live in the US. And yeah, I play with friends from Hawaii pretty often and never get full bars. Always 2-3 bars, with an occasional drop to 1 at the worst times. I actually wasn't playing with any friends when I looped those scorestreaks. I was just carrying the entire team, which tends to happen a lot to a lot of people that join random games. Ever been in those types of games where most people on your team is negative and you're the only one positive? That's what happened. I was just lucky enough not to get one of those people who go 1-20. Either way, I "conveniently" didn't save it because it's not the first, nor the last time I'll have that kind of game. Next time I'll be sure to screenshot and save the video for you though. I'll be playing BO again when the new maps come out so there's a chance it might happen. We'll see though.

Author:   IronLuigi
Date:   Jan 27, 13 at 11:32am (PST)
Mine's 1.4, first time it was 0,95. So it's grown 0,45. I don't care about the K/D if it's more than 1 I'm happy

Date:   Jan 27, 13 at 1:38pm (PST)
quote MistaCloudStrife
I would say quite a number of my friends are good at CoD and have negative K/Ds with positive W/L. One of them is around 0.8 but has a 1.5 or so W/L. He's been good at CoD since CoD4, but he still thinks he can rush an entire team and take them out. It isn't until he looks at the scoreboard that he starts slowing his butt down and playing more conservatively. Either way, he's an objective player that can defend well and also the type that'll smoke and try to defuse a bomb only to get hit by a cheap C4 coming from over a wall or something.

Either way, I don't understand what you mean about objective games. It's easier to play objective games. You know where people are coming from and can further anticipate where they're going to be even more than TDM or KC. The only people that suck are the people that think that the same strategies in TDM will work on more objective based games. It's easy to cap a flag and just wait for the other team to try and take it from you. Or better yet, once I get the objective I'll start spawn trapping. And plus, there are many times when I'll be in a game and my team won't even be playing the objective. Just going for kills and getting their higher scorestreaks. They'll go say... 40-3 and I'll be somewhere around 27-10 lets say, I'll still be ahead of them in points and on the lobby after the game. That's another reason why KD really doesn't matter. Not doing an objective, camping and picking off people who are running for an objective isn't skill at all.

I think the MSMC and PDW make bad players still look pretty bad, but that might be because I use an SMG as well, so it's all about who's a better shot. Also, I think that the actual guns you use greatly affect your KD as well since guns need to be played a certain way. I love playing with the SMGs because I like running around and being able to pick off people from close to mid distance and still have at least a sliver of a chance at killing someone at longer ranges. But apparently I have higher KDs when I use Assault Rifles and Shotguns. For Assault Rifles I tend to stay away from tight places and get to places with a good view of higher traffic areas. Shotguns, I stay in smaller areas so I know I can get the one hit kill. Since I play like that with those weapons, I actually get higher KDs; but my SMGs, which I think are more fun to play with but come with more risk each don't get any higher than 1.16. My MTAR is at 1.45 and my MCS is 1.32, both of which I got to gold and stopped using.

I live in the US. And yeah, I play with friends from Hawaii pretty often and never get full bars. Always 2-3 bars, with an occasional drop to 1 at the worst times. I actually wasn't playing with any friends when I looped those scorestreaks. I was just carrying the entire team, which tends to happen a lot to a lot of people that join random games. Ever been in those types of games where most people on your team is negative and you're the only one positive? That's what happened. I was just lucky enough not to get one of those people who go 1-20. Either way, I "conveniently" didn't save it because it's not the first, nor the last time I'll have that kind of game. Next time I'll be sure to screenshot and save the video for you though. I'll be playing BO again when the new maps come out so there's a chance it might happen. We'll see though.
I disagree that objective is easier. You say you can anticipate spawns and the locations of enemies, but I'd say I can do that with pretty good success just looking at where on the map my team isn't, and assuming that that's the enemy spawn. Also, TDM and Kill Confirmed are way more camp friendly, and require no real teamwork, but nobody's ever capped B alone on one the Black Ops 2 maps.With a time/score limit and an objective that everyone on the map is focused on, people make mistakes and die a lot to get the win, but in TDM I make it perfectly clear to myself that I'm in no rush, and that as long as I know where the spawn is, I can set up well for the next guy (call me a camper, but I move after every kill, since I don't use silencers). I should have been more specific though. The actual KD stat means absolutely nothing at all. Like you said, yours is 1.27, but you get higher than that every game. People dashboard as well, so their stats are also a lie. What I really meant was that gun skill matters, and the amount of kills you can get. I mean, the highest KD in the world doesn't matter if it's not put to good use by defending or capping an objective, and then killing the enemy off it. Gun skill matters though, and the better you are with the guns, the higher your KD will tend to be, hence why my basic point was that KD mattered.

Hey, I couldn't agree more on your third point. My highest gun KDs? The SMR (2.63), the FAL (2.42) the M1216 (2.27). But what guns do I really feel confidence in playing? The AN-94 (1.77), the M27 (1.97) and the M8A1 (1.83). I know there's not a huge difference there, but the fact that with the last three I feel confident enough to run more probably ends up causing the deaths with those guns, so I'll end up being shot in the back moving from one place to another, whereas with the semi auto rifles I'll be playing more strategically, more campy if you will, to keep the enemy at long range, and end up not giving those SMG tryhards a chance.

Well, tell you what. I'll be playing TDM when this Double XP weekend concludes, because you've convinced me that I'm probably good enough to, and it's not like the people in Australian TDMs are any challenge at all. But hey, I look forward to your proof next time it happens, I'll be awaiting the notification.

Author:   unclebobert87
Date:   Jan 27, 13 at 1:57pm (PST)
K/D 0.6, W/L 1.5

Author:   DarkBlade725
Date:   Jan 27, 13 at 4:57pm (PST)
Ever since Nuketown 2025 24/7 came my SPM went up by 10 and KD went down by 1

Author:   Chelskiman
Date:   Jan 27, 13 at 6:41pm (PST)
My KD is sitting at 0.98 and it peaked at 0.99, so I haven't quite cracked 1.00. At my lowest (when I first got the game, which is the first and only COD game I've ever played) I was down around 0.38 I think. One of my first ever games I went 0 kills and 12 deaths, lol.

Author:   DarkBlade725
Date:   Jan 29, 13 at 6:57pm (PST)
I thought this game has a system where you cant join same games again? I joined the same game 3 times in a row and my W/L somehow dropped from 0.94 to 0.91?

Author:   FRESHMILKK
Date:   May 31, 13 at 8:45pm (PST)
I average a 5-6 kd, it's around a 5.4 right now.. I don't even play for kd, I objective play and generally when I do my worst (2kd games) its because I'm dying trying to cap b the whole time while my team hides in the side halls, shit happens.

Add me if any of you want to play on xbox live! FRESHMILKK

I'm friendly and will play with anyone, and I'm not cocky because my kd is higher than most, I honestly don't give a *bleep* lol.. other things in life to worry about

Author:   Yogurt
Date:   Jun 04, 13 at 11:37am (PST)
I think it's 1.8. It drops every time I play it, which is rarely, and no shits are given.

Author:   unclebobert87
Date:   Jun 04, 13 at 11:45am (PST)
My K/D is up to 0.94 but W/L is down to 1.15. Funny how my K/D rises but W/L drops and vice versa

Author:   Miss Fortune
Date:   Jun 04, 13 at 10:31pm (PST)
My K/D as of late is only going up. I believe it's 1.71 right now, along with my W/L being 1.10.

Although, if you look at my K/D for the week it's 4.10. xD

Author:   Raspustean
Date:   Jun 05, 13 at 5:21am (PST)
Its at 0.94 atm with a w/l of 1.2

Went through a big time of winning dom but with neg k/d I think I could get it to 1 by mid summer

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.