reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57614/t1820998-your-kd/3.htm

Author:   MistaCloudStrife
Date:   Jan 24, 13 at 6:37am (PST)
Subject:   re: Your KD
-------------------------------------------
quote IUSEthePM-9
quote Ultimaodin
I don't play many objective game types, as I find a lot of them require me to play defensively. I've wanted to play capture the flag, but apparently no-one in Australia plays capture the flag.
Win/Loss is a blessing if you play solo most of the time, I do, and I rock a 1.18, but it's constantly going up. I find that if you're good, Team Deathmatch is an automatic win about 80% of the time, as you said though, there are times you're going off, and your team is only just competing. I have a SPM of 293 on TDM, which is usually 100 above anyone I play. Also, Capture the Flag and Headquarters work great for me as well, because the experienced players frequent Kill Confirmed, Domination and Hardpoint, leaving the noobs to try the new things. I find Capture the Flag and Headquarters games pretty easily as well, and I live in Aus too, maybe we should party up sometime?
Huh. The game usually messes me up terribly when I play TDM. 80% of the time it'll drop me into a losing game with airstrikes, warthogs, lodestars and vtols killing me in my spawn. Can't count the amount of times I've rage quitted 20 seconds into a game because I've died 4 times in a row without being able to even run to shelter.

Aside from that, it's all about trying to make up for the weakest link on the team. Doesn't matter if I have a 5.00+ ratio this game if the worst person on my team is 1-20.

I will agree though, since TDM is all about kills, you have more control over the final results of the match. There are times when I'm the only one positive on my team and we still win the game. Those are the types of games that I'm most proud of.

Author:   PerryLaw
Date:   Jan 24, 13 at 6:48am (PST)
quote IUSEthePM-9
quote PerryLaw
I don't care about KD. On domination I always end up being one of the top 3 high scoring players because I take risks in capturing flags to get points and help my team to win etc. High risk, so I die a fair bit, but for the better of my team.
So it's negative right?
Slightly yeah, but my win / loss ratio is positive, as per my post. I'm more bothered about that.

Author:   Wackajack
Date:   Jan 24, 13 at 12:17pm (PST)
quote MistaCloudStrife
Fast hands, flak and play demolition would probably the fastest way imo. Unless there's some sort of cheap way to do it besides boosting.
Equip a nade, run around, throw it at the ground in front of you then pick it back up instantly and throw it at the enemy. Nek minnit, thrown back grenades calling card. Worked on MW3 and works on BO2.

Author:   donmonster
Date:   Jan 24, 13 at 12:22pm (PST)
quote Wackajack
quote MistaCloudStrife
Fast hands, flak and play demolition would probably the fastest way imo. Unless there's some sort of cheap way to do it besides boosting.
Equip a nade, run around, throw it at the ground in front of you then pick it back up instantly and throw it at the enemy. Nek minnit, thrown back grenades calling card. Worked on MW3 and works on BO2.
How does that count as " thrown back" though? Wouldn't that just be throwing your own grenade twice.

Date:   Jan 24, 13 at 12:25pm (PST)
quote donmonster
How does that count as " thrown back" though? Wouldn't that just be throwing your own grenade twice.

Have no idea why it counts but its how i got mine, a thrown back nade is a thrown back nade i guess.

The challenges don't make any sense anyway, i got jipped for guardian suppressed kills three times. I played like ten matches went from 90 kills to getting 100 and the calling card. Next time i turned on my xbox i still had the calling card equipped but the challenge was still locked at 92 kills. I had to do it another two times to finally get it for keeps.

Author:   DarkBlade725
Date:   Jan 24, 13 at 12:50pm (PST)
I focus more on W/L and SPM the KD dont matter as much to me anymore

Author:   donmonster
Date:   Jan 24, 13 at 3:41pm (PST)
quote Wackajack
quote donmonster

Have no idea why it counts but its how i got mine, a thrown back nade is a thrown back nade i guess.

The challenges don't make any sense anyway, i got jipped for guardian suppressed kills three times. I played like ten matches went from 90 kills to getting 100 and the calling card. Next time i turned on my xbox i still had the calling card equipped but the challenge was still locked at 92 kills. I had to do it another two times to finally get it for keeps.
Damn. I don't even Do challenges anymore. Ever since MW3 they've just become irrelevant to me. If I complete them kudos to me.

I don't even care for the camos really, I like a few of them. But I'm really just in it to get diamond on everything and max out all the guns. Atleast as many as I can. I like to get drunk and Dick around with friends on this game. CoD4 to BO1 was my learning and prime days playing.

I was trying to stay below the top 100k in rank on the Score leaderboard. But I didn't play for about a week and then played zombies for a while. Think I dropped from like 89k to 137 or something. I'm just getting old and like to play for fun. Don't watch YouTube videos anymore or nothing.

Date:   Jan 24, 13 at 3:56pm (PST)
quote Wackajack
quote MistaCloudStrife
Wow. Well that's a lot easier. I did something similar with the retrieved ballistic knife blade challenge though.

Author:   NoBL3Zz
Date:   Jan 25, 13 at 8:54am (PST)
Black Ops - 1.33
MW3 - 1.07
Black Ops 2 - 1.43 (I think. Havent played in a while since my gold expired :/)

Author:   IUSEthePM-9
Date:   Jan 25, 13 at 1:48pm (PST)
quote PerryLaw
Slightly yeah, but my win / loss ratio is positive, as per my post. I'm more bothered about that.
Hey man, if you have a higher wl than kd you'll get some respect from me, but never forget that it's not impossible to keep both of them high, I have a mate with a 4.5 kd and 3.7 wl. In my opinion, it's hardly an excuse. Jumping on flags might bring you a few more deaths, but it can't explain a bad kd.

quote MistaCloudStrife
Huh. The game usually messes me up terribly when I play TDM. 80% of the time it'll drop me into a losing game with airstrikes, warthogs, lodestars and vtols killing me in my spawn. Can't count the amount of times I've rage quitted 20 seconds into a game because I've died 4 times in a row without being able to even run to shelter.
I don't know man, it's pretty damn challenging to get high killstreaks in TDM. In fact the highest killstreak ever called in against me on a TDM would be maybe the stealth chopper, and the enemy got it so late that it didn't even matter. I've been put into sure loss games before, but never with that much crap in the air, not even close.

Date:   Jan 25, 13 at 4:51pm (PST)
quote IUSEthePM-9
I don't know man, it's pretty damn challenging to get high killstreaks in TDM. In fact the highest killstreak ever called in against me on a TDM would be maybe the stealth chopper, and the enemy got it so late that it didn't even matter. I've been put into sure loss games before, but never with that much crap in the air, not even close.
Well, maybe not all of them at the same time, but enough air support to keep me from doing anything. And it isn't so bad getting scorestreaks in TDM. I was watching some yt video about scorestreaks and I thought I'd break away from the usual UAV/counter-UAV setup I use and slapped on VSAT, Warthog, Lodestar. My first game I looped through these streaks twice. We were on Plaza though, so the enemy team weren't messed up as bad as I thought they might be with those scorestreaks. They just spawned in shelter and never came out. I never catch breaks like that.

Date:   Jan 25, 13 at 5:21pm (PST)
quote IUSEthePM-9

I call in V-SATs and VTOL Warships every few matches, lots of people leave and lots of unlucky people join. I have had this happen though but normally its, lightning strike, a few hunter killers and a hellstorm. Can still be annoying though without some sort of spawn protection.

Author:   DarkBlade725
Date:   Jan 25, 13 at 7:14pm (PST)
Does the skill based match making still exist? It feels like it for me cause if it still runs on that I'm gonna sacrifice my KD and increase my W/L

Date:   Jan 25, 13 at 9:32pm (PST)
quote DarkBlade725
Does the skill based match making still exist? It feels like it for me cause if it still runs on that I'm gonna sacrifice my KD and increase my W/L
Supposedly Treyarch finds matches with a combination of proximity, using a "broadskill" search and finding the best connection. I believe in that order as well. I would rather have "broadskill" be found last and best connection found first. Kind of dumb IMO. The term "broadskill" is never really defined either, so I don't know if it's a combination of KD, WL, SPM, Prestige level or what, but I do think it works at least to an extent. I've played on a few of my friends accounts and have gotten games where I'm constantly getting 10.00 ratios and higher. Brought one friend's ratio from a 0.94 to a 1.00 in a handful of games, and this guy is prestige level 2.

Author:   DiamondMaster11
Date:   Jan 25, 13 at 9:39pm (PST)
My K/D is 0.97, which is slightly disappointing when you take into account I was maintaining a slightly positive 1.03 until early December, when my connection really started to fail.

However, I've never actually found K/D to be important. I play for fun first, and for the win second. Once I realized that my connection was failing me, and that I'm going to have at least 30 seconds of connection interrupted time each game, I figured that I have to abandon all but the hope of fun. Since deciding to play for fun solely, I have discovered that my favorite class is:

Assault Shield
Crossbow
C4

Perks are preference. I use Fast Hands to switch between stuff quicker, but everything else is up to you. I would highly advise this to anyone that is becoming frustrated with the game, as I have fun with it every time I use it, even though I regularly die more than I kill with it.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.