Date:   Jan 22, 13 at 10:40am (PST)
Subject:   re: Your KD
-------------------------------------------
Mine is 1.27 and I get stressed out every time I score under a 1.00

Author:   Miss Fortune
Date:   Jan 22, 13 at 10:47am (PST)
My K/D dropped after I spent time with friends playing Ultimate Suicide for about 2 hours. We'd spend an entire game killing ourselves an then in the last 20 seconds get as many kills to win.

So I'm around a 1.40 right now

Author:   Zero
Date:   Jan 22, 13 at 10:55am (PST)
Mine is 1.2 and unlike most other people, I have no excuses. I'm just not that *bleep*ing good.

Author:   doesntmatter
Date:   Jan 22, 13 at 12:17pm (PST)
Kd is a useless stat. I have a 1.16 Kd, but guess what I average 16 kills a game playing team deathmatch. Another btard can sit in a corner get 3 kills the whole game as long as he doesn't die that's a 3.0 Kd, but wth did he contribute to the team? Nothing, its actually annoying hearing people boast about their super leet Kd

Author:   Wackajack
Date:   Jan 22, 13 at 1:01pm (PST)
My KD is 2.12 but its growing . I don't see how you can have a much higher than that (over 3) without spamming SMG's, camping like a bitch or leaving matches where your not 'getting your KD'. Way too many inconsistencies with the lag.

KD don't matter anyway. A level 1 noob can still run around a corner and kill you before you can even see him.

I will say though i use combat record to uncover boosters. Oh you happen to have the precision master calling card, tell me how did you get the thrown back grenades? Oh you just threw back enemy grenades and your prestige 1, 2 days on the game? Bullshit, i wouldn't believe you if you had 10 days on the game. There is only one way to do that challenge and throwing back enemy grenades isn't it.

Author:   Munroe
Date:   Jan 22, 13 at 1:31pm (PST)
For a while it was 0.92, then I just had this week in December where I went from that to 1.05; now I'm 1.07.

I can't remember them, but I think my worst KD is on COD4 and it might even be below 0.90...on the first Black Ops I'm around 1.10, the same on MW2 I think; and despite being the most recent Modern Warfare title I've played, I can't remember what I am on MW3...it's definitely over 1.00 though.

I really don't care about it much these days, I play objective games most of the time and strive to capture/plant/defend no matter what. In TDM and KC I'm usually less gung-ho, but I still don't think I have the play style suited for a high KD.

Author:   IUSEthePM-9
Date:   Jan 23, 13 at 3:20pm (PST)
Ultimaodin Oath man, the PM-9 really isn't that bad, in fact I think my KD with it is better than some SMGs (I'll get back to you). Not to mention it is by far the funnest SMG and I actually really enjoyed using it. (check name)

EDIT: Scratch that, out of the SMGs the only one KD wise it beats is the P90, goes to show though, KD was so far from my mind when I played with it, I was having too much fun. The thing is, a good player can do well with any weapon, provided they play it right. Rush with an LMG, camp with a shotgun, you're in for a beating, but if you change your playstyle with your guns you'll have a pretty good KD on every weapon.

Author:   Boyd
Date:   Jan 23, 13 at 4:08pm (PST)
Black Ops - 1.42
MW3 - 1.79
BlackOps 2 - 1.44

Something about Black Ops it seems.

Author:   Ultimaodin
Date:   Jan 23, 13 at 6:58pm (PST)
IUSEthePM-9 - The P90 was easily my highest of KD SMG's. The PM-9 easily mlowest, I didn't care though because seeing that crazy little thing bouncing around in one hand was highly amusing. As far as gameplay went, it was like "I'm a spew bullets at you!" Now real way of explaining it other than that. I couldn't tell you my K/D with it though, I would be surprised if it where below 1. (since I also use to use it to just run behind people for laughs)

Also, on the topic of W/L - I hate random team mates. I play solo, and I swear I must be thrown on the worst teams. If I go 24 and 6, I think we are doing good in Team Death match. No, no we aren't. You know there is something wrong if you get no assist score while using both the UAV and Counter-UAV.
Still, I think my W/L is just above 1.

I don't play many objective game types, as I find a lot of them require me to play defensively. I've wanted to play capture the flag, but apparently no-one in Australia plays capture the flag.

Author:   Yick
Date:   Jan 23, 13 at 7:01pm (PST)
quote DarkBlade725
Does it really bother you in this game. From the start of your KD after your first game till now how much did it grow? Did it hit your expectation. Is it your highest KD of all COD you played?
Don't really care about KD. I play for the fun of completing challenges, so if that requires me to rock an Assault Shield, so be it. I'm around 0.8.

Date:   Jan 23, 13 at 8:29pm (PST)
quote Ultimaodin
I don't play many objective game types, as I find a lot of them require me to play defensively. I've wanted to play capture the flag, but apparently no-one in Australia plays capture the flag.
Win/Loss is a blessing if you play solo most of the time, I do, and I rock a 1.18, but it's constantly going up. I find that if you're good, Team Deathmatch is an automatic win about 80% of the time, as you said though, there are times you're going off, and your team is only just competing. I have a SPM of 293 on TDM, which is usually 100 above anyone I play. Also, Capture the Flag and Headquarters work great for me as well, because the experienced players frequent Kill Confirmed, Domination and Hardpoint, leaving the noobs to try the new things. I find Capture the Flag and Headquarters games pretty easily as well, and I live in Aus too, maybe we should party up sometime?

Author:   Ultimaodin
Date:   Jan 23, 13 at 9:02pm (PST)
IUSEthePM-9 - That's the problem I have with it though. Now my SPM on TDM is only 225, but that's with me doing pistol and knife only. I have a problem with team mates that since I always run UAV and Counter-UAV that if I'm not getting UAV assist score - there is something wrong. When a UAV is up you get 25 points for each kill regardless if they use the radar or not. So if I get NO assist score, that means my team is literally getting NO kills. The same goes for the counter UAV. I literally play with flashes and concussions to help team mates and gain assists. I could flash and concuss about 15 people per game, but not be close enough for my executioner to get a hitmarker (let alone a kill) but with teammates like right next to him, but I'll only get roughly 2 concussion assists per game. That is an issue. Now some players run tactical mask - many don't. So why then do I get team mates incapable of killing a vision or movement impaired enemy?
Seriously, if I'm top score and top KD on my team while using an Executioner - there is something wrong with my team mates.
If my K/D is at 1.47 with my three most used weapons being pistols, then why is my W/L at 0.98 when I pretty much only play TDM.
I have a 0.93 W/L in free-for-all. (and there's like what, 1/8 chance of winning compared to 1/2 of TDM. That's also with my fun challenge of dolphin diving before killing somebody games.)

What part of Aus you from? I'm in WA - Mandurah to be specific. I cannot get the best internet in my region unfortunately (Mandurah doesn't have the underground internet yet)

Author:   MistaCloudStrife
Date:   Jan 24, 13 at 3:31am (PST)
quote Wackajack
Oh you just threw back enemy grenades and your prestige 1, 2 days on the game? Bullshit, i wouldn't believe you if you had 10 days on the game. There is only one way to do that challenge and throwing back enemy grenades isn't it.
Fast hands, flak and play demolition would probably the fastest way imo. Unless there's some sort of cheap way to do it besides boosting.

Anyway. I have a 1.28 KD with 306 SPM. I run and gun, so I'm happy as long as I'm on the top of the lobby list with a positive ratio.

Author:   PerryLaw
Date:   Jan 24, 13 at 5:45am (PST)
I don't care about KD. On domination I always end up being one of the top 3 high scoring players because I take risks in capturing flags to get points and help my team to win etc. High risk, so I die a fair bit, but for the better of my team.

Date:   Jan 24, 13 at 5:55am (PST)
quote PerryLaw
I don't care about KD. On domination I always end up being one of the top 3 high scoring players because I take risks in capturing flags to get points and help my team to win etc. High risk, so I die a fair bit, but for the better of my team.
So it's negative right?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.