Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Your KD - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57614/t1820998-your-kd/

Author:   DarkBlade725
Date:   Jan 21, 13 at 6:19pm (PST)
Subject:   Your KD
-------------------------------------------
Does it really bother you in this game. From the start of your KD after your first game till now how much did it grow? Did it hit your expectation. Is it your highest KD of all COD you played?

Author:   Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA
Date:   Jan 21, 13 at 8:07pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Your KD
I think it's like .8 or something. Which is the highest it's ever been in a Call of Duty. But I don't play for K/D. I honestly can't see how anyone could play for stats and call the game "fun".

Do people really think other random people are checking out their combat records?

Author:   donmonster
Date:   Jan 21, 13 at 11:35pm (PST)
People pull other people's combat record claims in this forum all the time... I check people's stats from time to time. Especially when I add someone from this forum.

Mines 1.07, it started out at like 2.5... But knowing me and cod, I average between .92 and 1.30.

It's really not that important. I have a buddy who had a .83 KD and 1.88 WL in MW3... But his score rank was 8000 in the world on the leader boards...

That's why I don't understand why people think kills rank you up faster.... KD is a quarter of winning matches in THIS game in general. With scorestreaks and whatnot, you'd expect objective gameplay to be more prominent... But nope.

My 3.65 KD better than yo .86 KD fool!!! Bow to me....

Author:   blackomega34
Date:   Jan 22, 13 at 12:42am (PST)
My K/D is 1.02. This is the highest KD I have ever had (Because I got decent games early on). Regardless, I don't care about it too much. I do like to keep it positive, though. My friends seem to commend me for it.

quote Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA
Do people really think other random people are checking out their combat records?
Yes and yes. Whenever I see someone that is at a high prestige/has a cool emblem/prestige master/has a cool name/I am suspicious of being a hacker/has a gold or diamond weapon, I check their record out. For weapon usage rather than ratio.

Author:   KR_1250
Date:   Jan 22, 13 at 3:17am (PST)
quote Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA
Yes. And they are. Frequently.

In BO i used to pick my whole setup and playstyle based on the enemy player stats between games. Its the gaming equivelant of pre-op surveilance or recon.

A smart player can HEAVILY use it to their advantage. I mean its a direct record of exactly what your enemies have been accomplishing in the previous games and what arseups they have been making. Some of the graphs even gave you a very easily distinguishable visual pattern to follow. Its actually quite quick and easy. Not to mention when sitting in lobbies it is something interesting and productive to do.

And if using stats like this increases a players success rate (which it most definately will with any clever player) then this enhances the fun. An increase in ones personal performance becomes part of the attraction.

Not only that but my mates and i used to search through other players and eachothers stats for a laugh. (Again adding more fun). We would look for who had the best/worst K/D or find some banter ammo against loud mouthed cheeky bastards in lobbies. You could also see which of you mates uses OP weapons and who has the most/least of any one kind of kill like knives and noob tubes etc etc etc. All this made for some good laughs between games.

Some stuff clearer?

Also on a sidenote nothing to do with yourself rude boy, K/D. Sometimes it means nothing, in other game modes it means everything. Bla bla de f***ing bla. Im gonna write this in a nice easy equation people can understand it one day and actually bother making a sig. Shocking that people still dont get that. Its exceptionally basic maths and reasoning.

I think its because some just cant accept they are shit at kill based modes so try to poo poo the importance of certain stats. But some people will just be shit. Some will run around a TDM map like a headless chicken and will NEVER grasp the subtle nuances of kill based modes just as i will never be an expert at sabotage or whatever. Theres nothing wrong with that. If you have a shit K/D just be proud of or happy with your other skills in the game like teamwork, tactics and strategy etc etc. Concentrate on W/L which for most game modes is VASTLY more important anyway.

Author:   IUSEthePM-9
Date:   Jan 22, 13 at 4:53am (PST)
quote donmonster
People pull other people's combat record claims in this forum all the time... I check people's stats from time to time. Especially when I add someone from this forum.

You been checkin' my stats? Awwww, shucks, you

Author:   Range 2h bro
Date:   Jan 22, 13 at 5:41am (PST)
My K.D is 3.05, and it fluctuates a lot. I'd say I play for K.D but I don't I'll gladly sacrifice my K.D in a game to ensure the win in domination or headquarters or whatever objective type game I'm playing, and honestly I'd say a whole 1.00 of my K.D comes from score streaks, since my K.D with my most used weapons is about a 2.25-2.50. Which I think is still good. My W.L is disgusting though, sitting at 1.22, but that's because until recently I was playing solo but found some decent people to play with , and if they're not on I play FFA, since that's the only game mode I can play solo were I know I'll win.

Also did anyone else notice that if you finish 1/2/3rd, it still counts as a win?

Author:   Raspustean
Date:   Jan 22, 13 at 6:42am (PST)
1.06 for Blops 2
1.21 for MW3
1.13 for Blops

I happy if its at a kill for each death but play for objective. My second account which I use from time to time has a 1.33 on MW3 and 0.93 on Blops2

Author:   Horse
Date:   Jan 22, 13 at 6:47am (PST)
quote donmonster
Hey guys, remember that neji9889 or 8998 or some shit like that? You know, the guy who said his most used weapons in MW3 were the PM-9 and AA-12, but after checking his stats on Elite it showed the complete opposite!

Ah, good times.

Author:   Raspustean
Date:   Jan 22, 13 at 6:56am (PST)
quote Horse
quote donmonster
Hey guys, remember that neji9889 or 8998 or some shit like that? You know, the guy who said his most used weapons in MW3 were the PM-9 and AA-12, but after checking his stats on Elite it showed the complete opposite!

Ah, good times.

:')

Author:   Horse
Date:   Jan 22, 13 at 6:59am (PST)
quote Raspustean
quote Horse
quote donmonster

Ah, good times.

:')

[youtube][/youtube]
quote redmanc90
It has happened once before (to great critical aclaim, and much merriment - can't remember who was the victim though) and now returns, it is the mythbusting courtesy of....me. I use my great stalking skills (acquired from much facebook stalking the sexy senoritas ) to bust people who lie on internet forums

quote neji 9889
In MW3, my most used guns were the PM9, and the AA12.
Most used weapons:
ACR - 5768 kills
PP90 - 4721
MP7 - 4664
Scar - 4159
P90 - 3489
Striker - 2602
Mk14 - 2254

and finally
PM9 -2220
and further down
AA12 - 1831

Busted

quote neji 9889
. if i only used ACR MP7 the whole time, then i wouldave been a 3KD player easily
Well as shown above, you did use these guns mostly (although admittedly not the whole time) but just to further prove the point
kd with:
ACR - 1.71
MP7 - 1.59

so not quite the 3kd you claim....

busted

perhaps IUSEthePM-9 would find this interesting
probably don't lie on an internet forum to try and make yourself look good

Author:   donmonster
Date:   Jan 22, 13 at 7:32am (PST)
quote Horse
quote donmonster

Ah, good times.

Yea, he hasn't been back since huh! Poor feller.

Author:   Roy
Date:   Jan 22, 13 at 9:05am (PST)
I am probably the worst, since mine is at .25 and every other game I get is either campers or people modding the server, it gets aggravating. I have a few decent games that I play win and lose, but it's those other games that really tear me up.

Author:   LeBatman
Date:   Jan 22, 13 at 10:01am (PST)
I only got the game today, haha..
But right now it's a 2.1 something‚ô•

Author:   Ultimaodin
Date:   Jan 22, 13 at 10:39am (PST)
Last time I checked my K/D (which isn't often) it was at like 1.43 in Black Ops 2. This is pretty much what I sit on. I tend to run each gun until I get all the titles then move on. My most used guns are the Tac 45, five-seven and the B...something whatever three burst pistol.
I tend to be the run around like a headless chook player, but with a bit of map knowledge. I see something I shoot.

Honestly though, I don't care too much about my K/D, in fact one of my favourite games of CoD is playing free-for-all with the rule you have to dolphin dive before killing an enemy. Trust me when I say this is really hard.

Black Ops I have like a 1.10. That was with piss farting around using the Python ACOG. Not sure why, but BO I really carved up when I tried, when I didn't... well I had a habit of being a dickhead in that game. Python ACOG and PM63 dual wield were probably my favourite classes.

MW3 I couldn't tell you my K/D, because frankly I thought the game was terrible. I hated that my mate who had a stick internet (always 2-baring) would constantly outgun because something in that game just made it impossible to hit lower connections.

MW2 was my first CoD, and so - I sucked. I think my K/D is at 0.7, only being that high because I played it that much with my friends - I eventually got good at the game.

World at War, I disliked. I can't put my fingers on why, I just didn't like it. I think it was the lack of saturation in the game, everything felt dark, gritty and honestly kind of bland. Only played twice online, one where people had hacked god mode. WHY!?

I will say this, I don't think I've ever gone flawless in any CoD.

Horse - I don't get it though - the PM-9 wasn't actually that bad a gun. It was a fun weapon for running around at close range with. Plus, it looked so stupid it was impossible not to enjoy using it.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.