Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Do you like the perk system in this game? - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57614/t1819987-you-like-perk-system-in-this-game/2.htm

Author:   Wackajack
Date:   Jan 20, 13 at 12:57pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Do you like the perk system in this game?
-------------------------------------------
Its pretty good although some things should change:

Such as resupplying lethals with scavenger packs (not including combat axe) matches can become a cluster-*bleep* of semtex and dem der cross map nades.

Engineer should delay shock charges as well.

Toughness + snipers =

Wish they would bring back commando the knifing is sooooo bad in this game. Stand on top of someone laying prone look down at their back and click the thumbstick and nothing happens.

Author:   HU1CH13
Date:   Jan 20, 13 at 2:02pm (PST)
quote Wackajack
Wish they would bring back commando the knifing is sooooo bad in this game. Stand on top of someone laying prone look down at their back and click the thumbstick and nothing happens.
Why bring back a bullshit perk when knifing should be gone completely? It's a shooting game not a hack and slash game.

Author:   DiamondMaster11
Date:   Jan 20, 13 at 2:53pm (PST)
Wackajack Bro, Scavenger DOES trailing lethals. You just don't get Scavenger packs from explosive kills. So if you get the kill WITH a Semtex, it won't appear, but if you use your Semtex and pick one up, you'll get it back.

Author:   DarkBlade725
Date:   Jan 20, 13 at 2:59pm (PST)
Honestly I dont like it much increase the stuff we can get by one or two then i'm okay

Author:   IUSEthePM-9
Date:   Jan 20, 13 at 3:12pm (PST)
quote DarkBlade725
Honestly I dont like it much increase the stuff we can get by one or two then i'm okay
I believe you're referring to the Pick 11 system. Good shit, good shit.

Author:   BlindSight
Date:   Jan 20, 13 at 5:28pm (PST)
I really like the Pick 10 system over the previous games. In my opinion, it's a big step forward in FPS shooters.

This perk system has also made me realize that all of the perks I used in previous games were affecting my gun. Such as MW3, Quickdraw/Stalker/Sleight of Hand, all of which are now attachments. Essentially, in MW3 I was running 5 attachments.

Author:   Wackajack
Date:   Jan 20, 13 at 5:55pm (PST)
quote HU1CH13
Why bring back a bullshit perk when knifing should be gone completely? It's a shooting game not a hack and slash game.
No knifing at all would work better than the bullshit thats happens at the moment.

quote DiamondMaster11
Wackajack Bro, Scavenger DOES trailing lethals. You just don't get Scavenger packs from explosive kills. So if you get the kill WITH a Semtex, it won't appear, but if you use your Semtex and pick one up, you'll get it back.
Say what?...I said you shouldn't get resupplied lethals such as nades or semtex. So if i run past my 'pack' from getting a kill i shouldn't get a fresh nade to launch into a spawn point again. Understand? Combat axe/black hat is a little different c4 and bb's are not.

Author:   DiamondMaster11
Date:   Jan 20, 13 at 6:24pm (PST)
Wackajack Ah, my bad. I guess I didn't read it correctly, then. Thought you were complaining about not being able to get lethals back. I think it's fair, though it is pretty annoying when the person resupplying is using C4.

Author:   Miss Fortune
Date:   Jan 20, 13 at 12:30pm (PST)
quote HU1CH13
quote Wackajack
A melee attack is stationary in most current day shooters. MW3 knifing was perfect imo.

Author:   HU1CH13
Date:   Jan 21, 13 at 7:26am (PST)
quote Serene Guardian
A melee attack is stationary in most current day shooters. MW3 knifing was perfect imo.
Knifing wasn't perfect for the simple fact people could still lunge through your bullets. You reacted first, you were facing them, you had to remain on target, they weren't facing you yet they shit themselves (and even if they do have tactical on and isn't so much a panic knife, it's still bullshit because I've done the same thing to many people myself and I use tactical) accidently press a button and they get a 180 degree auto aim lock on insta kill and they got rewarded. Bullshit.

Not once on MW3 did I ever panic when I bumped into someone, mashed circle (dont know what that is on Xbox) and get the kill and think, oh yes, I outplayed that mother *bleep*er, that guy's reactions were shit. My first reaction to kills like that is, 'oh shit, that guy got completely bullshitted on, I feel sorry for him, that guy must be raging'.

Date:   Jan 21, 13 at 10:03am (PST)
Now you see, throughout my 19 days of gameplay I hardly ever saw that type of bullshit. It may be because I have a better reaction time to take care of panic knifers or the fact I forgot I had a knife button 80% of the time. I did however see perfect knife connection in All or Nothing when I wanted it. Black Ops 2 knifing is just stupid. It literally doesn't work, and if they're going to have a melee option, at least make it useful. I'm not saying overpower the *bleep* out of it but if I'm standing next to you, right up against you and hit the knife button, have it AT LEAST kill you. Goddamnit.

It makes running Ballistic Knife classes harder and harder just because the game's knifing in general is shit.

Author:   IUSEthePM-9
Date:   Jan 21, 13 at 2:45pm (PST)
quote Serene Guardian
Now you see, throughout my 19 days of gameplay I hardly ever saw that type of bullshit. It may be because I have a better reaction time to take care of panic knifers or the fact I forgot I had a knife button 80% of the time. I did however see perfect knife connection in All or Nothing when I wanted it. Black Ops 2 knifing is just stupid. It literally doesn't work, and if they're going to have a melee option, at least make it useful. I'm not saying overpower the *bleep* out of it but if I'm standing next to you, right up against you and hit the knife button, have it AT LEAST kill you. Goddamnit.

It makes running Ballistic Knife classes harder and harder just because the game's knifing in general is shit.
I thought it was balanced decently with the fact that normal knifing does jack shit and doesn't work (and hey, I never knife, so the worse it is the more I like it) and then Ballistic Knifes and Tactical Knifes seem to lock on most of the time against me, and even when I've switched to my Combat Knife because I ran out of ammo I got two quick knife kills on people moving away from me, so there's a little lunge there. Tbh I thought that was pretty balanced, these people are spending one or two points on a Ballistic Knife or Tactical Knife respectively and get a lot more lunge and are a lot more successful than the Combat Knife or normal knife.

Date:   Jan 21, 13 at 5:48pm (PST)
Yeah, the tac knife and ballistic don't lock on AT ALL. You'll get a lung maybe 3 out of 10 times, where you're literally two inches in front of them.

Author:   Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA
Date:   Jan 21, 13 at 8:14pm (PST)
The more broken knifing is (and sniping- but we're talking about knifing on here), the better it is.
But even as terrible as it is; it's still possible to insta-kill while being shot at. I won't be happy until there's a buffer that makes it impossible to knife if bullets are actively being put into you.

Author:   Roy
Date:   Jan 22, 13 at 9:11am (PST)
I think it works for most situations, I just wish it were easier to get the other ones, besides the same ones I keep getting, but I also probably need to unlock more anyways.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.