Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: DLC Pack 1 "Revolution" - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57614/t1811366-dlc-pack-1-revolution/

Author:   SSJ4BROLY
Date:   Dec 30, 12 at 11:39am (PST)
Subject:   DLC Pack 1 "Revolution"
-------------------------------------------
Was looking on google for info on the first map pack and came across this link.

http://www.noshitshurlock.com/call-of-duty-black-ops-2-evolution-map-pack-leaked/

The dlc pack comes out on the 29th January for Xbox 360 and includes is four multiplier maps called Hydro, Grind, Downhill and Mirage and a zombies map called Die Rise which sounds very close to the map from WaW Der Ries so maybe they are connected somehow what do you think?

Also included is a new SMG called the peacekeeper.

Really looking forward to this especially the new zombie map.

Author:   HU1CH13
Date:   Dec 30, 12 at 11:43am (PST)
Subject:   re: DLC Pack 1 "Revolution"
I wonder if this new SMG is just for campaign and zombies mode only....

Author:   Range 2h bro
Date:   Dec 30, 12 at 11:46am (PST)
If the SMG is for online play, won't it be the first time in call of duty history that they've included a weapon with a map pack?

Author:   Airwalked
Date:   Dec 30, 12 at 1:12pm (PST)
Why bother adding weapons to multiplayer when pretty much all of them behave exactly the f-ing same anyways?

Zombies fair enough, campaign..ehh who cares?

Author:   ims2golfer
Date:   Dec 30, 12 at 1:24pm (PST)
maps better be good, the locations( A skatepark, somewhere in China, a hydroelectric plant and a ski resort? Sounds pretty cool.) New gun is probably only zombies but I hope it's also multiplayer so they can say they can make more weapons for it.
The zombies look alot like some kind of soldier.....

Date:   Dec 30, 12 at 1:29pm (PST)
quote Airwalked
Why bother adding weapons to multiplayer when pretty much all of them behave exactly the f-ing same anyways?

Variety? I'm already bored of the ones in the game. Barely any of them look or feel appealing to use. Although they don't behave the same, (half of them are fast but weak, the other half vice versa), the fact that DLC weapons will behave the same as on disc weapons (thus basically becoming re-skinned PDW's and SCAR-H) is a good thing. It means variety without unfair paid for weapon performance advantage.

Author:   Yogurt
Date:   Dec 30, 12 at 1:53pm (PST)
Release the Zombie map separately as well, you retards.

Author:   Miss Fortune
Date:   Dec 30, 12 at 5:46pm (PST)
quote Range 2h bro
If the SMG is for online play, won't it be the first time in call of duty history that they've included a weapon with a map pack?
It's the first time since the Modern Warfare series instilled what we see today. I believe for CoD3 there was some weapon added later after the game was published.

Author:   ditto
Date:   Dec 30, 12 at 7:50pm (PST)
I'm getting my hopes up for the map Die Rise being the equivalent of High Rise but with zombies. Please don't disappoint me treyarch

Date:   Dec 30, 12 at 7:57pm (PST)
quote ditto
I'm getting my hopes up for the map Die Rise being the equivalent of High Rise but with zombies. Please don't disappoint me treyarch
Collaterals on zombies for dayZ.

Author:   Tyranitar1
Date:   Dec 30, 12 at 8:04pm (PST)
Wait, is Die Rise going to be Tranzit or a Survival/Grief map?

Author:   DiamondMaster11
Date:   Dec 30, 12 at 9:39pm (PST)
I really hope Die Rise is another Tranzit area, like Green Run. If they release a Tranzit map with each map pack, I'll be pretty damn content with my purchase of the Season Pass.

Author:   Munroe
Date:   Dec 31, 12 at 11:14am (PST)
Don't care for Zombies in COD. The maps sound good, especially Grind and Downhill. Hopefully the Peacekeeper is good and can be used in MP, I'm not really a fan of the current line-up of SMGs.

Author:   Faded
Date:   Dec 31, 12 at 12:16pm (PST)
I'd love to pick it up if it weren't so damn expensive, but too bad i'm cheap.
Hopefully the peace keeper isn't in MP

Author:   BlackLabel
Date:   Jan 02, 13 at 6:43am (PST)
I'm thinking the Peacekeeper is for Zombies just for logistics really as the gun could be limited to Die Rise only so it's definitely only DLC owners playing.

In Multiplayer it becomes yet another reason to split up players as if the guy with the DLC is using the gun they won't be able to play with non-DLC players seeing as they won't have the gun, the model or anything in their game. Now they could limit it to use in the DLC only playlist but again players that paid for this content will want to use that gun everywhere.

I think limiting it to Zombies and perhaps the one DLC map and subsequent DLC maps is the best way to go, hell it even sounds like a Zombie gun similar to the War Machine, Death Machine, Ray Gun etc..

One thing I did just think about is Treyarch perhaps patching the game to give everyone the gun model with the DLC unlocking it for use. That way it can be used in all maps but again an issue arises when non-DLC owners can't pick the gun up. There are going to be times where non-DLC users will run out of ammo and the nearest gun to them will be a Peacemaker leaving them unarmed in the search for a new gun. Imagine having a kill-streak cut short because a DLC item you didn't have was your nearest and safest gun pick-up, it's not fair to non-DLC owners to have that.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.