Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Zombies disapointment. - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57614/t1802413-zombies-disapointment/

Author:   bionicle1995
Date:   Dec 07, 12 at 7:37am (PST)
Subject:   Zombies disapointment.
-------------------------------------------
I was really disapointed at how crap the custom games are in Black Ops 2. Before release treyarch were saying it was gonna be "More customizable than ever before!" and similar.

Although technically its more customizable than before, It really isn't as good as it could be (I was hoping for real gamemodes like in the UGX Mod.) but instead we get 4 options.

--> Starting round
-->Powerups on/off
-->Hellhounds on/off
-->headshots only on/off

That is terrible customisation. In fact even box of demons (creater of "all or nothing from MW3) has stated that the multiplayer customisers are worst since MW2.

Why is zombies especially being skipped over one of the features that they pointed out as their main selling points.

Another part of zombies I dont like that much is the maps that come with the game. We got 3 (4 if you count Tranzit as a whole map), the 3 survival ones each have 1 or 2 doors each. This is pathetic. They are cramped and feel like NDU all over, except with perks/PAP.

Of course, once some DLC comes out we will hopefully get some better maps.

Does anyone else share my disapointment?

Author:   BlackLabel
Date:   Dec 07, 12 at 9:08am (PST)
Subject:   re: Zombies disapointment.
They always tend to bring the best maps in as DLC (not a great excuse I know).. Expect a new TranZit map which again breaks down into smaller survival maps, but we may also see some more classic survival maps as well.

I mean Nuketown Zombies for example is a map that is old school in every sense of the word, it has like 10 doors which allows for zombie filtering strategies and a unique take on distributing perks. Yes the survival maps based on TranZit were pretty lame in comparison to older survival maps, but they were still fun which counts a lot in my book.

I understand your disappointment, but in a DLC fueled gaming landscape we will probably see the best that this mode has to offer through added content. I am somewhat happy with what we got in the base game, I do want a bit more know though.

Author:   HU1CH13
Date:   Dec 07, 12 at 9:15am (PST)
Or maybe the zombies game mode as a whole has run it's course and is pretty poo?

Date:   Dec 07, 12 at 9:16am (PST)
quote BlackLabel
They always tend to bring the best maps in as DLC...

Nuketown Zombies for example is a map that is old school in every sense of the word, it has like 10 doors which allows for zombie filtering strategies and a unique take on distributing perks.

I understand your disappointment, but in a DLC fueled gaming landscape we will probably see the best that this mode has to offer through added content.
I agree that DLC will obviously be the better maps, I just wish the on-disk ones were at least Kino standard. Hell, even like five which wasn't my favourite but had a brilliant design.

Nuketown is brilliant, it is one of the best zombies maps on BO2 (in fact, I say THE BEST.). I just thought it was a bit annoying how I spent an extra 20 quid to get that and now everyone will get it anyway. if I knew it would be on the season pass so early I would have saved 20 quid and got the season pass (which I am doing anyway). They better give me some extras like they did with the BO1 pre-order maps. But at least then it was a proper advantage of playing them for almost a whole year before everyone else, not just one month.

Yeah, DLC is a pretty designing flaw in the new gaming world, it annoys me slightly. But thats what kinda helps spread out a games enjoyment a bit more (at a higher cost). if COD didnt have DLC I would have given up BO1 after 3 months. MW3 hung in there abit longer because I did well (then the servers kaputted, so I gave up). Zombies pulls me through COD, I am giving up buying IW games unless they have a descent balance for zombies (Spec ops was alright, but a bit of a rehash of zombies, and the best gamemode in it was DLC!).

quote HU1CH13
Or maybe the zombies game mode as a whole has run it's course and is pretty poo?
That may be, but I still love it to hell. As long as we get good maps as DLC I will never give up that love.

Author:   Agent Mo
Date:   Dec 07, 12 at 10:08am (PST)
Agreed that they definitely needed a survival map to rival any of the BO1 maps. Tranzit is pretty awesome though, and Nuketown is great but not many people have it.

I like that they have a bunch of smaller maps, however it's definitely not enough.

And yeah i was pretty disappointed about the custom game options, they did big it up a lot in pre release stuff....

That being said i'm not disappointed by zombies, it's on par with BO1 at the moment since all that came with was Kino and Five, and Dead Ops if you count that.

Author:   redmanc90
Date:   Dec 07, 12 at 3:11pm (PST)
100% agree on the need for a proper Survival map. Newer versions of Tranzit are inevitable in future DLC, but I desperately hope that they release a proper Survival map. Depot, Town and Farm just aren't enough.

Also, there should be a way of playing the BO1 maps on BO2 (if you had them originally) - really frustrating that I can't just go to Der Reis et al. easily.
Can so see Treyarch releasing them as future DLC like they did with the WaW maps on BO1 by throwing them in with 1 new map (ala Moon) and that will annoy me so much. It will effectively be the third time I'd buy the original maps if I did that! (obviously I wouldn't buy them but it's the principle)

As for the customisation, that doesn't really bother me - don't change those settings anyway - who wants an easy mode?!

quote HU1CH13
Blasphemy

Author:   fitted
Date:   Dec 07, 12 at 4:01pm (PST)
i just hate the small maps for survival and the fire/lava everywhere.

Author:   DiamondMaster11
Date:   Dec 07, 12 at 8:53pm (PST)
They went on record as saying that they were going to redo Zombies, and that if you wanted to play the old Zombies like in Black Ops and World at War, you could go play those games. They clearly wanna focus on Tranzit, and using up time to make seperate survival maps with this in mind would be ridiculous.

And I like the customization. Try starting on round 20 with headshots only, without magic and with hellhounds. See how easy it is then.

Just because you expected more than you should have doesn't mean it's a bad game. I and all of my friends have ton of fun in the new Zombies, and I see you as just one of those people who enjoys complaining about any little thing they're bad at. Good day.

Date:   Dec 08, 12 at 11:45am (PST)
quote DiamondMaster11
They went on record as saying that they were going to redo Zombies, and that if you wanted to play the old Zombies like in Black Ops and World at War, you could go play those games. They clearly wanna focus on Tranzit, and using up time to make seperate survival maps with this in mind would be ridiculous.

And I like the customization. Try starting on round 20 with headshots only, without magic and with hellhounds. See how easy it is then.

Just because you expected more than you should have doesn't mean it's a bad game. I and all of my friends have ton of fun in the new Zombies, and I see you as just one of those people who enjoys complaining about any little thing they're bad at. Good day.
Im sorry, what?

I didnt say it was a bad game, I said they hyped up something that was such a small portion of the game in the end.

Also, Im not bad at it, and I dont complain unless its something annoying.

Author:   Yogurt
Date:   Dec 08, 12 at 3:39pm (PST)
I've stopped playing this game all together now. Not even Zombies could keep me playing. I wouldn't say I was disappointed, though. It would, however, have been nice if there was a massive "survival" map. Technically any Zombies mode is about survival. Tranzit only brings out the morons, or rather their dumb arse behaviour even more than before. Like turning off the power at round 35, shutting the bus doors when you open them so you can't get on, leaving games as if it's harder to pick yourself up in Tranzit (you can't just easily run and get all the perks etc) and things like that. I always have to carry teams when I don't play with friends, it gets a little tedious. Oh and how many times are people going to stay down by the Pack a Punch machine, unless you've got the best guns and all know what the *bleep* you're doing, you're going to get completely *bleep*ed up down there. Hell, even if you know what you're doing, it's best not to stay down there so ironically you don't really know what you're doing if you do stay down there.

It's just a game, anyway.

Author:   Agent Mo
Date:   Dec 09, 12 at 4:31am (PST)
quote Yogurt
Oh and how many times are people going to stay down by the Pack a Punch machine, unless you've got the best guns and all know what the *bleep* you're doing, you're going to get completely *bleep*ed up down there. Hell, even if you know what you're doing, it's best not to stay down there so ironically you don't really know what you're doing if you do stay down there.
I'm guessing because it's one of those universal strategies, similarly to camping the Pack a Punch room in Five. When playing with randoms (without headsets), you can't really coordinate so most people pick the most common strategy that everyone will most likely know.

Date:   Dec 09, 12 at 2:32pm (PST)
There aren't any really good camping spots, though. That is probably one of the better ones but camping on Tranzit doesn't work so well. I think it could be interesting if you could build things to help you 'camp' in almost any place you want. Or just build-ables to help you with anything, whatever you're doing. Not sure how it would work out, depends how it's done, obviously. Anyway, if you're playing with randoms, it's best to stay away from them, even if you're in the same place (like the Diner) you should be in different places. I'd say it's best if you stay away from your team when you have your perks (and upgraded guns). It's a good idea to take the Zombies for a 'walk' and just round them up, lol.

I almost forgot, why is it that loads of randomers when they get the Ray Gun just waste it? (And try to show off and *bleep* themselves up when the Zombies get close enough). They also seem to fire like 20 Rays/shots when they get it to alert you to the fact they got it. These are also the people that 'hog' the mystery box. Nonetheless, you can have numerous Zombies chasing you when you're on top of the bus and you can take literally all of them out with one shot but no, these fools waste like 10 shots hip-firing it just to get one or two zombies.

Date:   Dec 09, 12 at 2:48pm (PST)
quote Yogurt
There aren't any really good camping spots, though. That is probably one of the better ones but camping on Tranzit doesn't work so well. I think it could be interesting if you could build things to help you 'camp' in almost any place you want. Or just build-ables to help you with anything, whatever you're doing. Not sure how it would work out, depends how it's done, obviously. Anyway, if you're playing with randoms, it's best to stay away from them, even if you're in the same place (like the Diner) you should be in different places. I'd say it's best if you stay away from your team when you have your perks (and upgraded guns). It's a good idea to take the Zombies for a 'walk' and just round them up, lol.

I almost forgot, why is it that loads of randomers when they get the Ray Gun just waste it? (And try to show off and *bleep* themselves up when the Zombies get close enough). They also seem to fire like 20 Rays/shots when they get it to alert you to the fact they got it. These are also the people that 'hog' the mystery box. Nonetheless, you can have numerous Zombies chasing you when you're on top of the bus and you can take literally all of them out with one shot but no, these fools waste like 10 shots hip-firing it just to get one or two zombies.

Welcome to Call of Duty Zombies Multiplayer. Thats what you get for playing with randoms.

Personally my internet on BO2 is pretty crap (on zombies at least) so I have been playing endless solo games. I play on easy and just mess about dancing around like a retard, and trying to get trophies. Speaking of which, what are the 4 pick-up buildables in Tranzit?

theres the Zombie Shield, the Turbine, the electric trap, and what?

Date:   Dec 09, 12 at 2:55pm (PST)
I'm not sure, perhaps the Jet Engine or Jet Gun or whatever it's called.

Author:   redmanc90
Date:   Dec 09, 12 at 3:41pm (PST)
quote bionicle1995
Welcome to Call of Duty Zombies Multiplayer. Thats what you get for playing with randoms.

Personally my internet on BO2 is pretty crap (on zombies at least) so I have been playing endless solo games. I play on easy and just mess about dancing around like a retard, and trying to get trophies. Speaking of which, what are the 4 pick-up buildables in Tranzit?

theres the Zombie Shield, the Turbine, the electric trap, and what?
Machine Gun Turret at the Farm:
Ammo box - inside on bookshelf
Lawnmower - outside, several locations
Machine Gun - inside Barn or top floor main building

and I guess the Jet Gun would work too but harder to make

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.