Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: New Update Details - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57614/t1801971-new-update-details/

Author:   Boyd
Date:   Dec 06, 12 at 9:47am (PST)
Subject:   New Update Details
-------------------------------------------

- Re-Enables Theatre Mode
- Raise the score required for calling in the UAV Scorestreak, as it's been deemed too low.
- SMG penetration is "probably too high" so will be addressed

Author:   Mnmfan
Date:   Dec 06, 12 at 10:12am (PST)
Subject:   re: New Update Details
When? Getting Theatre back is the only thing I care about. I've run out of space for saving stuff.

Author:   ditto
Date:   Dec 06, 12 at 11:47am (PST)
Big babies crying about uav when you can take it down in the blink of an eye... Or run ghost... Or use the cuav...

Author:   DiamondMaster11
Date:   Dec 06, 12 at 12:02pm (PST)
Oh, SMG penetration was all they were nerfing? I can live with that. No problems there.

But I really don't get everyone complaining about UAVs. Only one Black Hat or Smaw/FHJ missile or Hunter Killer is required to destroy them. And they last a shorter time than they used to...

Seriously. Everyone complains about how good the perks that hide you from the UAV are, and then when they nerf it in this game, everyone complains about how UAVs are too powerful.

I really just wish that they'd be putting more of their attention into the spawns on maps like Express, Hijacked, and Raid, as well as the serious connection issues that the majority of players seem to be experiencing. It bothers me that they "fix" such petty things that the whiners complain about when there are things that should be taking much higher priority.

Edit: Also, the shadows! I can't be the only one who thinks it's a serious issue as to how well the character models blend in when hiding in a dark corner. They've done a pretty good job at making the character models stand out against the map, which is more than can be said about MW3, but the fact that it's so easy for people to camp in corners waiting for someone to come by.

Author:   Mnmfan
Date:   Dec 06, 12 at 12:07pm (PST)
Damn just realised that I'm working on getting Gold launchers. I shot down 11 UAVs in a single game yesterday. I guess I'll be seeing less of them now. I only need 20 more to unlock the second set of challenges so it's not the end of the world.

Author:   J917
Date:   Dec 06, 12 at 1:10pm (PST)
Fixing headglitching would be nice, unfortunately it has always plagued CoD and probably always will.

Author:   Agent Mo
Date:   Dec 06, 12 at 2:49pm (PST)
How much are they raising UAV to?

Depending on that, i might stop using it. Like people have said, it gets shot down way too easily so if they up it by a lot i'll probably switch to.....something else.

Author:   Whelan
Date:   Dec 07, 12 at 12:47am (PST)
quote J917
Fixing headglitching would be nice, unfortunately it has always plagued CoD and probably always will.
don't really know how they can fix head glitching. It's been in COD forever and other FPS games

Author:   HU1CH13
Date:   Dec 07, 12 at 1:52am (PST)
quote Whelan
quote J917
don't really know how they can fix head glitching. It's been in COD forever and other FPS games
Get too close to cover the guy rests his gun up against said cover. Simple. But that will never happen.

Also, what a worthless f**king patch.

Author:   IUSEthePM-9
Date:   Dec 07, 12 at 3:26am (PST)
HU1CH13 I wouldn't worry too much at the moment man, they're keeping some sort of stats database that records what's being overused, what's not etc etc. And I heard mention (perhaps on Vahn's twitter, can't quite remember my source) that more substantial patches were on the way, such as a nerfing of the laser sights, a buff of a couple of the Assault Rifles. Anybody know where I can find these patch notes though?

Author:   Raspustean
Date:   Dec 07, 12 at 3:30am (PST)
quote IUSEthePM-9
Anybody know where I can find these patch notes though?
http://mp1st.com/2012/12/06/incoming-black-ops-2-update-for-playstation-3-tonight-xbox-360-to-follow-this-weekend/?utm_source

Author:   HU1CH13
Date:   Dec 07, 12 at 3:34am (PST)
quote IUSEthePM-9
HU1CH13 I wouldn't worry too much at the moment man, they're keeping some sort of stats database that records what's being overused, what's not etc etc. And I heard mention (perhaps on Vahn's twitter, can't quite remember my source) that more substantial patches were on the way, such as a nerfing of the laser sights, a buff of a couple of the Assault Rifles. Anybody know where I can find these patch notes though?
I'm not arsed about the weapons, I haven't got a problem with the SMG's or the AR's. Some could do with tweaking but nothing is majorly OP over the other. My problem is with matchmaking, handling parties and the whole netcode problem with clearly aiming and shooting first but still dying as well as dying around corners etc.

Author:   BlackLabel
Date:   Dec 07, 12 at 5:50am (PST)
This patch is just a filler update to me, it does very little to the game that other than less UAV spam which I didn't mind in the first place it will be unnoticeable. There is mutterings that the update after this will go someway to fixing the matchmaking and lag issues.

Author:   roseability
Date:   Dec 07, 12 at 6:46am (PST)
quote ditto
Big babies crying about uav when you can take it down in the blink of an eye... Or run ghost... Or use the cuav...
DavidVonderhaar says he cross-referrences the numbers/maths against the amount of feedback he receives on any issue and then makes the adjustments. Maybe there are just too many UAV's going up too quickly. On tiny cramped maps with limited routes to navigate this does make the UAV powerful. The reality is very few people want to be constantly staring up at the sky because half the time they will be shot in the process.

CUAV are a little harder to get yet just as easy to shoot down loi, it's retarded.

Anyway I believe it's now 425 points for a UAV, sorry if I'm misinformed

Author:   Horse
Date:   Dec 07, 12 at 7:01am (PST)
Lol theatre mode still doesn't work for me. Can't watch any videos.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.