Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: What the hell happened to Weaver? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57614/t1797147-hell-happened-to-weaver/

Author:   blackomega34
Date:   Nov 25, 12 at 3:36am (PST)
Subject:   What the hell happened to Weaver?
-------------------------------------------
I played some BO1 and went to the main menu... Then I heard the interrogator say 'I know when you're lying'... I just remembered: What the hell happened to Weaver?
He survived BO1, Woods didn't, Woods gets a part, Weaver doesn't... What happened there?

Author:   BlackLabel
Date:   Nov 25, 12 at 3:52am (PST)
Subject:   re: What the hell happened to Weaver?
It could be a case of Gene Farber not wanting to come back to voice Weaver. Now in the past this wouldn't have been an issue they would have just re-cast the role, but gaming these days is that professional they just don't do that as often anymore.

Date:   Nov 25, 12 at 4:40am (PST)
Well, I didn't hear about that. Thanks for the info. WHY!!!??? (no need to answer that)

Edit: But what about Hudson? Surely he has a different voice actor, he sounds nothing like the old Hudson.

Author:   Ashley Chesebrough
Date:   Nov 25, 12 at 8:23am (PST)
Subject:   what are some good tips to hiding?
Whenever i find a great place to hide in BO1 right away I get killed!Im tired of getting killed right away all the time. Its getting to where i dont really likethe game anymore!!

Author:   BO][
Date:   Jan 27, 13 at 3:29pm (PST)
Maybe he became a problem for the CIA and he was taken care of, for good

Author:   HU1CH13
Date:   Jan 27, 13 at 7:46pm (PST)
quote blackomega34
He survived BO1, Woods didn't
Are you living under a rock? Isn't it obvious enough Woods survived the events of BO1 given the fact he was the character in all those reveal and teaser trailers?

Author:   jbh
Date:   Jan 27, 13 at 9:09pm (PST)
quote HU1CH13
quote blackomega34
He survived BO1, Woods didn't
Are you living under a rock? Isn't it obvious enough Woods survived the events of BO1 given the fact he was the character in all those reveal and teaser trailers?
I think he meant to say that Woods was presumed dead at the end of BO1. Where as Weaver was well and truly alive, so it's odd to put all that effort into reviving Woods, but not having a single cameo of a character that was very much alive at the end of the first game.

Also Hudson does have a different VA, good ear. Michael Keaton, Some pretty decent star power right there.

Date:   Jan 28, 13 at 12:52am (PST)
HU1CH13 Indeed, what jbh said. He hit the nail on the head (Or whatever other terms one may use, I am not familiar with them) .

Author:   Agent Mo
Date:   Jan 28, 13 at 2:02am (PST)
Maybe they deemed him a liability, what with only having one eye...

Author:   Vlahrhd
Date:   Mar 18, 13 at 7:48pm (PST)
Woods hinted about weaver while he interrogated Kravchenko. I think he said how do you feel about an eye for an eye.

Author:   Agent Mo
Date:   Mar 19, 13 at 2:52am (PST)
quote Vlahrhd
Woods hinted about weaver while he interrogated Kravchenko. I think he said how do you feel about an eye for an eye.
No that was for Kravchenko torturing Woods and leaving him on that cargo boat (where you rescue him on the first mission of the game).

Author:   Laws16
Date:   May 05, 13 at 8:26pm (PST)
Well Weaver is Russian. Maybe he returned home?.... just a guess

Author:   Tmac24utm
Date:   May 06, 13 at 12:43am (PST)
I suppose he wasn't deemed important enough, in BO1, he wasn't in very many missions.

Author:   #connorb
Date:   Aug 25, 13 at 12:36am (PST)
According to unlocked intel, Mason never fully recovered from being brainwashed and still hears Reznov. This made him a person of interest to the CIA. The CIA then decided he was a threat to national security. Weaver and Hudson also became people of interest due to their association with Mason. Mason, Hudson and Weaver later escaped to South Africa.

October 28, 1978
The CIA formed a joint task force with MI-6 in order to find and kill Mason, Hudson and Weaver in what they dubbed Operation Charybdis. While Mason and Hudson survived, Weaver is not mentioned by either Mason or Hudson in Call of Duty: Black Ops II, but however, Woods indirectly mentioned him in Old Wounds.[2]

Date:   Aug 25, 13 at 12:52am (PST)
Ah, yes! I forgot about South Africa.
It makes sense. Thanks.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.