Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Nuketown 2025 24/7 - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57614/t1794722-nuketown-2025-24-7/

Author:   donmonster
Date:   Nov 19, 12 at 1:48pm (PST)
Subject:   Nuketown 2025 24/7
-------------------------------------------
Can anyone verify that Nuketown 24/7 has been removed, and Nuketown 2025 is just in the regular playlists now?

Reading a lot of confusion with this, and from what I remember nuketown24/7 has always just been around for double xp, then put back in the regular game modes. Or is it just vanished.

Author:   roseability
Date:   Nov 19, 12 at 2:38pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Nuketown 2025 24/7
Nuketown 2025 is a downloadable map released for Call of Duty: Black Ops II. It was available for free on November 13 to anyone who pre-ordered the game, purchased a launch copy, or purchased the Hardened edition or the "Care Package" limited special edition of the game.[1] The map is a remake of Nuketown, a map which first appeared in Call of Duty: Black Ops. While still focusing on close quarters combat, the map is now meant to represent a "Model Home of the Future" for 2025 instead of the original Nuketown's 1960's depiction of that concept.[2]

As of November 19, 2012 Nuketown 2025 is no longer available in Online Multiplayer. Nuketown 2025 is only available in custom games

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Nuketown_2025

Author:   Sasuke45
Date:   Nov 19, 12 at 2:52pm (PST)
I just asked my friend about it, apparently its still on Xbox, but I'm not too sure.

So what I'm trying to figure out is, I pre-ordered to get an exclusive map and it gets taken off a day after I start playing -.-

I didn't even get any Double XP playing there.

Author:   Whelan
Date:   Nov 19, 12 at 2:56pm (PST)
so wait, people pre-ordered the game then for pretty much no reason?

Author:   Sasuke45
Date:   Nov 19, 12 at 3:05pm (PST)
quote Whelan
Sounds like it, I read somwhere else that it would most likely come back for another Double XP kind of thing.

Playing FFA on Nuketown was pretty damn tragic, people were spawning like it was MW3. Mostly because of the fact cause it was 12 people.

Author:   Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA
Date:   Nov 19, 12 at 3:07pm (PST)
Say whaaaa?

You think they'd move it to normal playlists like they normally do with map DLC.
Super lame.

quote Sasuke45
I didn't even get any Double XP playing there.
Yes you did. Everything showed up as normal XP while playing, but you were earning double.

Author:   PhoenixBlue
Date:   Nov 19, 12 at 3:08pm (PST)
quote Whelan
Yeah they've taken it out.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/379459/black-ops-2-nuketown-2025-map-pulled-from-online-playlists/

^^^^ Explains a bit, and has a few tweets from Vonderhaar. Judging from what Vonderhaar says sounds like someone/thing above him made the call (Activision?)

Author:   DjedwardSmith
Date:   Nov 19, 12 at 3:12pm (PST)
What the *bleep*

Absolute farce, I'd be annoyed if I'd specifically pre-ordered it for the map, but since I had it it's pretty much all I've played as it's great for quick and easy exp.

Author:   ditto
Date:   Nov 19, 12 at 3:26pm (PST)
Hahaha

Author:   Validation
Date:   Nov 19, 12 at 3:31pm (PST)
That's pretty pathetic. You'd think they'd at least say that it'd only be available for certain events.

Author:   CAGarber
Date:   Nov 19, 12 at 4:38pm (PST)
total bullshit. they aren't gaining any fans by doing this... what a travesty.

Author:   Boyd
Date:   Nov 19, 12 at 4:44pm (PST)
Im not fussed as i did not pre-order my game just for a mediocre map. I understand some people love that map so maybe enough people moaning will help bring it back.

Author:   donmonster
Date:   Nov 19, 12 at 4:47pm (PST)
I didn't pre order for nuketown essentially.. But pulling the map out the game completely until the next " special event", put that shit in rotation with the rest of the *bleep*ing maps! Nuketown was in rotation in black ops! Pathetic *bleep*ing *bleep*.

Author:   CAGarber
Date:   Nov 19, 12 at 11:15pm (PST)
they brought it back under "bonus" playlist. Moshpit of small maps (including nuketown). I like treyarchs games alot, In fact I despise the existence of Infinity Ward, but this was a bullshit move, touting "the biggest incentive to preorder in call of duty history" then taking it away after 5 days.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.