Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Shield next to player name in zombies. - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57614/t1794065-shield-next-to-player-name-in-zombies/

Author:   IroquoisPliskin
Date:   Nov 18, 12 at 6:26am (PST)
Subject:   Shield next to player name in zombies.
-------------------------------------------
Does anyone know what these shields mean? I've seen shields with one bone, two bones, a skull and a skull with the eyes lit up.

Author:   BlackLabel
Date:   Nov 18, 12 at 6:29am (PST)
Subject:   re: Shield next to player name in zombies.
quote IroquoisPliskin
Does anyone know what these shields mean? I've seen shields with one bone, two bones, a skull and a skull with the eyes lit up.
It's a form of progression that is there to denote a players knowledge of Tranzit as far as I'm aware.

Author:   Agent Mo
Date:   Nov 18, 12 at 12:56pm (PST)
They also have a tally next to them, 1 through 5.

Are you sure it's TranZit knowledge though? I've got a friend who has done pretty much the same as me (we've played a lot together), but he's only on the two bones whereas i'm on the skull with blue eyes (5), and i've done a fair amount of survival on the side.

Author:   DiamondMaster11
Date:   Nov 18, 12 at 7:49pm (PST)
I have a skull with glowing blue eyes, and I can say that it's not knowledge of Tranzit. I had friends who played much more than me, as well as found out much more without me, and didn't get the glowing eyes on their skull until much later than I did. I also have a friend who had a skull, then for whatever reason had the two bones again. For this reason, I am entirely unsure of what causes you to rank up.

Author:   ditto
Date:   Nov 18, 12 at 8:57pm (PST)
quote DiamondMaster11
I have a skull with glowing blue eyes, and I can say that it's not knowledge of Tranzit. I had friends who played much more than me, as well as found out much more without me, and didn't get the glowing eyes on their skull until much later than I did. I also have a friend who had a skull, then for whatever reason had the two bones again. For this reason, I am entirely unsure of what causes you to rank up.
I believe that it's a sort of live broadcast of you skill level. Everyone starts out on the single bone, but it's actually possible to go straight from that to the skull if you do really good one game. So I suppose it's also possible to be demoted if you go on a long death streak.

Author:   Marc_Persaud
Date:   Mar 31, 13 at 1:05pm (PST)
u can rank up by going to custom games and setting it to easy difficulty. However, I went from two bones (5) to a skulll with blue lighted eyes, then went back to two bones after a couple matches. I didn't understand why but I quit after that.

Author:   DiamondMaster11
Date:   Mar 31, 13 at 5:29pm (PST)
If this is still an issue for anyone, your symbol is determined by your Zombies K/D, essentially, with the tallies representing how many consecutive days you've played, and you lose a tally each day you don't play. The glowing eyes are simply for those who have played 5 consecutive games.

Author:   DarkBlade725
Date:   Mar 31, 13 at 7:43pm (PST)
I see not a lot but 1 every couple matches of people with skull and knife in the background. I'm really good at zombies but its weird how the ranking system is made for zombies they shoulda made it like multiplayer

Author:   Miss Fortune
Date:   Apr 01, 13 at 10:39am (PST)
It's supposed to mean how much you play Zombies mode, I think.

Within the first week I had a skull and crossbones, along with blue eyes. I haven't touched Zombies for a few months and now it's back to the single bone.

Author:   Jett12
Date:   Apr 02, 13 at 7:34am (PST)
The tally is how many games you play on the current week. So at the start of a new week the tally resets. The bones and skulls and shit represent how good you are or your skill level determined by how many times you go down average scores and other stuff.

I think its how it works.

Author:   blazekid
Date:   Apr 03, 13 at 2:34pm (PST)
you can not go down from a skull to bones by not playing, but you can lose tallies thats it.

quote Serene Guardian
Within the first week I had a skull and crossbones, along with blue eyes. I haven't touched Zombies for a few months and now it's back to the single bone.

Author:   tpapm
Date:   Jul 25, 13 at 8:51am (PST)
The tallys mark how many days in a row you played. Like you do for how many days your alive or days in jail. The sheilds go buy average kills per game. 35-75. 76-150. 150+ is highest. You guys just need to think a little less.

Author:   OrangeNinja
Date:   Jul 26, 13 at 4:30pm (PST)
It ranks you as an average of your most recent games. Also, if your off for too long you start to lose tallys

Author:   DarkBlade725
Date:   Jul 26, 13 at 6:46pm (PST)
Um... I hope you guys know that this thread was made couple days after the release of black ops 2 so it's very obvious that everyone was confuse on how it runs

Author:   RancidRandy
Date:   Aug 01, 13 at 4:18pm (PST)
The emblem signifies how often you play Zombies. If you play daily, the "level" increases. With each day you haven't played, the "level" decreases. But it'll never decrease back into the cross-bones once you reach the skull.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.