Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: No Double XP - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57614/t1793199-no-double-xp/

Author:   Band Hero
Date:   Nov 16, 12 at 6:40am (PST)
Subject:   No Double XP
-------------------------------------------
Hi everyone,

I pre ordered call of duty black ops 2 prestige edition that comes as a care package, I have downloaded nuketown 2025 and have played in it also, but for some reason I cannot get double xp, my kills in team deathmatch are still scoring at 100 points? Any else having or have had this problem? Please note that there is a code to download nuketown zombies map but I have not downloaded that as I do not personally cares for the zombie mode

Thanks.

Author:   Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA
Date:   Nov 16, 12 at 6:41am (PST)
Subject:   re: No Double XP
I don't think it starts till this evening, US Eastern time.

Author:   Yogurt
Date:   Nov 16, 12 at 6:47am (PST)
It's a Double XP weekend. It usually starts late Friday night and ends Monday.

Author:   Band Hero
Date:   Nov 16, 12 at 6:52am (PST)
Cool, thanks for your replies, I'll see what happens later on tonight, thanks again

Date:   Nov 16, 12 at 11:53am (PST)
It's live now, although it doesn't really tell you in the gameplay, just through a message. Guess that's to do with scorestreaks.

Author:   tyranitar24
Date:   Nov 16, 12 at 11:55am (PST)
Keep in mind that you have to redeem your Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map in order for double xp to activate.

Author:   donmonster
Date:   Nov 16, 12 at 11:59am (PST)
quote Yogurt
It's live now, although it doesn't really tell you in the gameplay, just through a message. Guess that's to do with scorestreaks.

So I didn't really think about this until I read your post. But, does this mean we're going to be getting our first taste of Warthog? K9 Unit, and Swarm score streaks? I havnt seen them yet. But if double XP is going to make them a bit easier to get, do you think we're going to see them all weekend?

Date:   Nov 16, 12 at 12:15pm (PST)
quote donmonster
quote Yogurt

So I didn't really think about this until I read your post. But, does this mean we're going to be getting our first taste of Warthog? K9 Unit, and Swarm score streaks? I havnt seen them yet. But if double XP is going to make them a bit easier to get, do you think we're going to see them all weekend?
No, you still get the same amount of XP for your score-streaks, I guess it just doubles your XP as your going but only shows you normal XP so you know where you are with your streaks.

Anyway, I just saw this dude already on Prestige 2 and Double XP hasn't been active for long so he's been playing a lot. A lot.

Author:   J917
Date:   Nov 16, 12 at 12:20pm (PST)
Bit off topic but does Nuketown 2025 have it's own mode or is it just a bonus map in normal playlists?

Date:   Nov 16, 12 at 12:21pm (PST)
It has it's own 24/7 playlist with moshpit only.

Date:   Nov 16, 12 at 12:22pm (PST)
Yogurt
Good shit. Atleast they have a bit of an idea on how people abuse these games.

As for your 2nd prestiger. The guy I work with has someone on his friends list 3rd prestige. And one of the regulars I play with is 1st prestige lvl 37.

Author:   Mirage
Date:   Nov 16, 12 at 12:34pm (PST)
Just to confirm, you don't have to be playing Nuketown to receive the xp bonus, right?

Date:   Nov 16, 12 at 12:39pm (PST)
quote Mirage
Just to confirm, you don't have to be playing Nuketown to receive the xp bonus, right?
No as far as I'm aware it's for all multiplayer gametypes. But you have to have Nuketown downloaded to be able to get double XP.

Date:   Nov 16, 12 at 12:48pm (PST)
No, you don't have to play Nuketown 2025 for Double XP, what donmonster said is correct. As for the Prestigers, do they just sit at home and play for 18 hours a day or something.

Author:   tyranitar24
Date:   Nov 16, 12 at 12:50pm (PST)
Either that or they got the game before they were supposed to lol.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.