Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: First Impressions - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57614/t1790325-first-impressions/

Author:   Whelan
Date:   Nov 10, 12 at 12:05pm (PST)
Subject:   First Impressions
-------------------------------------------
I don't have the game, but I bet some of you sad cases do.

DO YOU? Anyone have the game?

Author:   Yogurt
Date:   Nov 10, 12 at 12:17pm (PST)
Subject:   re: First Impressions
No, I don't have the game but lol at the quote in your sig.

Author:   Celes Leonhart
Date:   Nov 10, 12 at 12:35pm (PST)
Played like ten minutes of zombies and it seemed alright #proreviews

Date:   Nov 10, 12 at 12:49pm (PST)
quote Yogurt
No, I don't have the game but lol at the quote in your sig.
:D

Date:   Nov 11, 12 at 8:07am (PST)
Filling in for HU1CH13

quote HU1CH13
I have the game. Killstreaks get called in instantly though, no stupid clicker or banana phone. He just touches a button on this like PDA thing on his wrist.
quote HU1CH13
Just played me first game now, hit detection was nice, people werent camping that much. Mercenary now has all the game modes in. Out of the guns I've used/seen, all don't have much recoil at all, the Vector literally has no recoil and has fast rate of fire so im guessing its weak and pretty much the same as the MW2 one. Grenades and semtex actually works and isnt a hit marker fest. Only got knifed once and it wasn't a panic knife and he got no lunge on me so too early to judge on that I guess, menus are decent and smooth etc.

Author:   Horse
Date:   Nov 11, 12 at 8:16am (PST)
*bleep* me HU1CH13, let's hear the full review then.

Date:   Nov 11, 12 at 9:10am (PST)
quote HU1CH13
Mercenary now has all the game modes in.
Finally, but it should be a Mercenary option for each mode, as in you can just press select or something and it changes to Mercenary. I don't want to have to keep leaving lobbies or play Domination and then Sabotage for example. At least for the first couple of weeks I'll be in a party. I've also heard they give penalties if you leave too many games like 30 mins then an hour, then 2 etc, xJawz will be pissed.

Author:   Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA
Date:   Nov 11, 12 at 11:28am (PST)
quote Yogurt
I've also heard they give penalties if you leave too many games like 30 mins then an hour, then 2 etc, xJawz will be pissed.
Boooooo

Author:   Horse
Date:   Nov 11, 12 at 11:54am (PST)
quote Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA
quote Yogurt
I've also heard they give penalties if you leave too many games like 30 mins then an hour, then 2 etc, xJawz will be pissed.
Boooooo
As in like 'you cannot play the game' penalties, Yogurt?

I would think an XP penalty (ie. reduced rate of XP) would be sufficient.

Date:   Nov 11, 12 at 12:06pm (PST)
Horse Yeah, a penalty where you can't play the game. I guess they just have a simple query to check if you're given a match bonus for completing a match and if not then you get penalised, whether you just leave from the game menu or dash board. David Vonderhaar said there were serious penalties and bans for exploiting glitches, hacking, using offensive emblems and dash boarding. I guess if you leave/dash board a lot it could very well be a 24 hr or 48 hr ban at the most. I could be way off, it could be only like 4 hrs, which would still annoy the try-hard dashboarders tho or it could be more, but I doubt it. Either way, it should help.

Date:   Nov 11, 12 at 12:58pm (PST)
I really, really, really don't like that.
What happens when you keep getting stuck in the same lobby over and over again with a bunch of douchers?
You're now forced to play, without having any fun, or get penalized for it.

I really don't like playing matches where the other team is dominating, where I can't walk 10 feet without getting killed from somewhere I can't even see, and I can't get a single kill.

Author:   BlackLabel
Date:   Nov 11, 12 at 1:03pm (PST)
You can still quit it's just more in place to stop server hoppers and dash-boarders if you quit out of a game constantly in a certain amount of time you may be punished for it, same for those that dash-board a lot will get punished for it. The game isn't going to punish you for getting tired of a lobby and leaving mid-match provided you aren't making a habit of it.

Date:   Nov 11, 12 at 1:07pm (PST)
There have been several times on previous Call of Dutys where I'd join a lobby, the game would start, and we'd immediately start getting gang-raped.
So I'd quit, try to find another lobby, but it would put me back in the same game in progress. Then this would repeat several times.

Date:   Nov 11, 12 at 1:56pm (PST)
Well you could play league play so you shouldn't get 'gang-raped' and if you do it won't be nearly as often.

Author:   Boyd
Date:   Nov 11, 12 at 11:43pm (PST)
apparently there is a problem with spaw trapping in this game

It's most common in Domination and Demolition. Surely they must check this kind of stuff ?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.