Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Same old same old... - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57614/t1772047-same-old-same-old/2.htm

Author:   Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA
Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 2:45pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Same old same old...
-------------------------------------------
quote HU1CH13
quote HadesTheWarGod
well i'm only saying this because it's true, shouldn't a sniper rifle kill a person at closer range? than get hitmarkers?
Realistically, yes. A projectile is at it's most powerful the moment it leaves the muzzle of the firearm, from then on in, the stopping power is always diminishing. But from a game balance point of view? No, it shouldn't.

At the end of the day, in a tight space, say on a bus or something, who is going to be able to draw their weapon up first and acquire their target and pull the trigger and hit it? Someone carrying a 14kg sniper rifle that is the best part of a meter and a half long, or someone with a PDW that only ways 3kg and is only 50cm long? So even from that point of view, quickscoping still seems unbalanced/unfair etc etc blah blah blah.
You could get into the whole argument that the round hasn't traveled enough distance to suck in a vortex of air behind it. The farther away it gets the more air it's pulling behind it, so when it hits- that air enters the body and explodes outwards. That's why exit wounds are bigger than entrance wounds. Especially if it hits a soft part of the body. At close range it would just go through. Once it's slowed down, it'll probably bounce around inside.

But I've always been fore making rifles a OHK at distance- 2 or 3 at close range except for a headshot.

Author:   Zero
Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 3:02pm (PST)
It looks different enough to me, at least aesthetically it does.

What you're complaining about is silly though. They have to follow the same formula to some degree, otherwise it wouldn't be the Call of Duty people know and love (lol).

Author:   HU1CH13
Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 3:02pm (PST)
quote Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA
You could get into the whole argument that the round hasn't traveled enough distance to suck in a vortex of air behind it. The farther away it gets the more air it's pulling behind it, so when it hits- that air enters the body and explodes outwards. That's why exit wounds are bigger than entrance wounds. Especially if it hits a soft part of the body. At close range it would just go through. Once it's slowed down, it'll probably bounce around inside.

But I've always been fore making rifles a OHK at distance- 2 or 3 at close range except for a headshot.
True, guess I just focused more on the general velocity side of things rather than the more technical side of things that actually affects the lethality of a bullet that branch from a number of factors, one of which you quite rightly pointed out.

Author:   Wackajack
Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 3:12pm (PST)
quote Zero
What you're complaining about is silly though. They have to follow the same formula to some degree, otherwise it wouldn't be the Call of Duty people know and love (lol).

True, but god please just don't make it worse. Its how i see it, MW2 was boss and its gotten worse since.

quote Boyd
et me get this straight you are moaning at the fact COD is same old but then you moan about them changing the way the knife works

Very Clever
They change something different every game and every time they do it almost always doesn't work. Think killstreaks and point streaks in MW3, lag compensation in black ops. Get what i'm saying? Its the same story game in game out. Don't get me wrong i'll buy it and play it but i'm not expecting too much.

And HU1CH13 i doubt you have rushed a game in your life or don't do it often enough to realise how hard it has become. Do me a favour bro tell me how many lockdown accolades you got on MW3? To how many games you have played?

Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 3:17pm (PST)
quote Wackajack
And HU1CH13 i doubt you have rushed a game in your life or don't do it often enough to realise how hard it has become. Do me a favour bro tell me how many lockdown accolades you got on MW3? To how many games you have played?
Lol. roseability, do I know how to rush?

But yeah, obviously you haven't seen any of my posts when the game first came out. Nice try assuming things though, maybe next time try come up with some facts with sources to back up your claims about me?

Author:   Zero
Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 3:21pm (PST)
quote Wackajack
MW2 was boss and its gotten worse since.
That's down to opinion though. I personally think Black Ops is the best CoD to date and that MW3 is a huge step up from MW2.

Come at me.

Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 5:42pm (PST)

quote HU1CH13
But yeah, obviously you haven't seen any of my posts when the game first came out. Nice try assuming things though, maybe next time try come up with some facts with sources to back up your claims about me?

Bro i tried but you still haven't posted up your lockdown accolade count?

Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 6:37pm (PST)

Author:   KR_1250
Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 12:15am (PST)
I have a better argument against quickscoping.

"Its f***ing gay".

How about that? Just ban anyone who does it, or make them show up on the radar forever with a big neon sign pointing down at them reading: "twat".

Author:   Phil Anselmo
Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 5:38am (PST)
What's the difference between using a shotgun and quickscoping?

Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 6:05am (PST)
quote Phil Anselmo
Using a shotgun means you're not awesome and you're not a Youtube superstar.

Author:   KR_1250
Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 6:41am (PST)
quote Phil Anselmo
The level of gayness... pay attention.

Author:   HadesTheWarGod
Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 8:05am (PST)
quote KR_1250
quote Phil Anselmo
The level of gayness... pay attention.
it also show's you how much the community has changed since MW2, well at least that's when I started seeing quickscoping

Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 4:09pm (PST)
quote Phil Anselmo
Shotguns are meant to be used close range and 1 shot kill.

Considering the knifing, i was playing the multiplayer beta of Medal of Honour last night and thats a two hit kill with the knife. But when you hit someone with you knife they recoil for a bit allowing you to get them again. So i'd be happy with that sort of mechanic on black ops 2.

*Just a point- that multiplayer actually looks and feels pretty good

Author:   Yogurt
Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 4:36pm (PST)
Wackajack Are you complaining about BO2?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.