Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Where to next? Where will Black Ops II leave the next installment from Infinity Ward? The end of Modern Warfare? - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57614/t1733396-to-next-black-ops-ii-leave-next-installment-from-infinity-ward-end-of-modern-warfare/2.htm

Author:   Horse
Date:   May 10, 12 at 10:53pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Where to next? Where will Black Ops II leave the next installment from Infinity Ward? The end of Modern Warfare?
-------------------------------------------
quote HU1CH13
I think the ending of MW3 made it obvious that the series was done, or atleast for that storyline and set of characters.
lol story mode.

Author:   ULT1M4TE
Date:   May 10, 12 at 11:06pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Where to next? Where will Black Ops II leave the next installment from Infinity Ward? The end of Modern Warfare?
quote Yogurt
I wish they did a WW1 game or something, maybe a prequel to WaW. Oh well, and I'm sure it's not the end, or they'll just call it something else with it being the exact game, if that's possible.
WW1 would be good. Maybe a Afganistan war, WHERE UR THE BRITISH 4 ONCE!!!

Author:   ULT1M4TE
Date:   May 10, 12 at 11:12pm (PST)
quote BlackLabel
The future of Call of Duty could go many ways. Personally I see Black Ops II as merely a role reversal given the game is very much being seen as a Modern Warfare moment. Infinity Ward will probably focus on prequels.. Like I mentioned earlier it has already been suggested by Infinity Ward that they may focus on the origins of key characters, though they are more than open to go back to World War 2 or even create Future Warfare that is set in the year 2125 or something. Call of Duty is a series that has a good 10 years+ of potential settings if they play it right..

Future Warfare will make it a sci-fi:(, which will not be good 4 the series. If they find a way around sci-fi then it would be good:D

Author:   Yogurt
Date:   May 11, 12 at 3:13am (PST)
quote ULT1M4TE
quote Yogurt
I wish they did a WW1 game or something, maybe a prequel to WaW. Oh well, and I'm sure it's not the end, or they'll just call it something else with it being the exact game, if that's possible.
Yeah, although for a consolation, Price and Soap were/are British.

Author:   CAGarber
Date:   May 11, 12 at 5:56am (PST)
I kind of have doubts they'll ever return to WWII, it's just not what's selling right now. Right now it's all about modern era war and sci fi. I'd love to see another WWII or even I era game but just don't see it happening. If I know IW the next one will be MW4 .

Author:   Kingy
Date:   May 11, 12 at 9:57am (PST)
One can only hope.

Author:   Gligar
Date:   May 11, 12 at 10:20am (PST)
Im not going to buy the next CoD after BOps 2 if its set in the distant future with sci-fi concepts and all that or if its set in the World War era. If its somethin modern (e.g. 2012-2020) then I might buy it...

Author:   bionicle1995
Date:   May 12, 12 at 8:09am (PST)
Im pretty sure the modern warfare series is over. They cant keep pushing it onwards. IW is going to have to be CREATIVE *gasp* again.

Author:   Cyanide
Date:   May 12, 12 at 9:55am (PST)
Their either going to make it as realistic and use the war on Afghanistan as the setting, or they're going to create "Neo-Spartans" and have a Halo-type game.

If it's either, I *bleep*ing called it, and I expect a check in the mail next year.

Author:   AssassinAltair
Date:   May 14, 12 at 8:05pm (PST)
I'm sure Infinity Ward's next game will be MW4. It definitely won't be called this title but will be set in the same time period. My thought would be that it will be based on Ghost since he was one of the most (if not most) popular character in the MW series. If Activision was smart, for CoD 10. The Big X, they would have IW & 3arch collaborate and make the greatest Call of Duty game the world has ever seen! But this won't happen because its all about the $ and Activision needs to release a CoD game every year unfortunately.

Date:   May 14, 12 at 8:09pm (PST)
Or possibly for the 10th CoD game Infinity Ward will return to their roots and make it set in WW2. Very unlikely, but a cool idea!

Author:   bionicle1995
Date:   May 15, 12 at 3:07am (PST)
quote ULT1M4TE
quote Yogurt
WW1 would be terrible. It would be single shot rifles and LMGs that take 5 people to carry, its not a time period thats good enough for a full game especially in a cod style.

Date:   May 15, 12 at 11:30am (PST)
quote bionicle1995
quote ULT1M4TE
quote Yogurt
WW1 would be terrible. It would be single shot rifles and LMGs that take 5 people to carry, its not a time period thats good enough for a full game especially in a cod style.
Only WW2 and after!

Author:   DarkBlade725
Date:   May 16, 12 at 4:57pm (PST)
Well Im late but I heard that Activision accepting the idea of Black Ops II broke the contract of IW saying that all CoD games must be set in the past or something I remember seeing a article of it

Author:   Cyanide
Date:   May 16, 12 at 8:08pm (PST)
quote Cyanide
Their either going to make it as realistic and use the war on Afghanistan as the setting, or they're going to create "Neo-Spartans" and have a Halo-type game.

If it's either, I *bleep*ing called it, and I expect a check in the mail next year.
or go to the Revolutionary War.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.