Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: NEWS! CHARACTER AND ARENA DLC CONFIRMED for All Stars!! - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57570/t1786056-news-character-arena-dlc-confirmed-for-all-stars/

Author:   PokemonLeader96
Date:   Nov 02, 12 at 9:34am (PST)
Subject:   NEWS! CHARACTER AND ARENA DLC CONFIRMED for All Stars!!
-------------------------------------------
You guys know that during this week a big gaming event is being held up in France, called Paris Games Week right?
Well Daniel Maniago, Superbot's Community Manager, has shared some details about PSASBR during an interview.

Link of original Interview (in French):

Here is the full Interview. And since I know French, I translated for you guyes

Hi Daniel, can you tell us your role among Superbot?
Hi! I'm Daniel Maniango, Superbot's Community Manager.
How did you get this idea to regroup all of Playstation's characters in one game?
We wanted to regroup as many iconic heroes as possible in one game, and we chose the best to make a fighting game.
How did you balance the characters? Because some has superpowers and others don't.
We wanted to include as many combat styles as possible so players can have a wide variety of choices, even if it is Sackboy, a rather friendly character, or a serious one such as Kratos or Nathan Drake. I think that game's charm comes from the fact that you can have Parappa fighting against Fat Princess or Kratos against Sackboy.
Which character is your favorite in this game?
Raiden from MG: Rising. I love how he he moves exactly as he does in the new Metal Gear game. I like using him, he's a very cool character!
Which one, in your opinion, represents the true Playstation spirit?
Definitely Parappa the Rapper. I'm a fan, I've grown up with him and when the game came out, It was really a revolution! The game wasn't the longest or the hardest but it was special with a touch of creativity for the first Playstation console.
Will there be character and Arena DLC?
Yes. New characters and arenas will be availbale through DLC.

Any tips for the players?
Sure. You know, each character has so many moves, and my advice is that you should focus on one character that you like, and try to focus on a couple of moves so you can easily beat your friends.
My second tip is that you should choose the character that you feel the most comfortable with during combat so you can be confident. We did our best to make each character be as close as possible to what he actually is in his own game.
I've got some more questions, ready?
Yes!
Which was your first Playstation memory?
Tekken 2. It was my favorite fighting game for a long time.
Nathan Drake or Lara Croft?
Can't decide! I like both!
FPS or TPS ?
TPS.
Solo or Multi ?
Definitely Multiplayer! That's the goal of PSASBR, playing with friends on PS3 and Vita, social experience and sharing.
Black, White, Silver or Red PS3?
Black! It was even redesigned lately!
COD or GTA?
GTA! I like the open world aspect of the game.
Thank you Daniel for this Interview!
You're welcome!
Agent Mo
JacqueseVonRIP
Metallica
nnnddd101010
Slash
Sprout
Sakuraba Neku
Mrblikey
flyingfish27

Edit: I spent 15 minutes translating e_e

Author:   Agent Mo
Date:   Nov 02, 12 at 12:16pm (PST)
Nice! Thanks for translating it man, was a pretty cool interview to read. Boo on Raiden though

Date:   Nov 02, 12 at 12:43pm (PST)
Why Raiden? He's pretty badass if you ask me.

And no problem!

Author:   Agent Mo
Date:   Nov 02, 12 at 12:46pm (PST)
quote Pokemon Leader
Why Raiden? He's pretty badass if you ask me.

And no problem!
I dunno im just not a fan of hack n slashers haha.

Date:   Nov 02, 12 at 12:57pm (PST)
I'm talking about the character himself. Not the game. He has a cool design IMO

Author:   flyingfish27
Date:   Nov 02, 12 at 1:51pm (PST)
Thanks for the translation mate, but I can't get the DLC because of the fact I am not connected to PSN, going to try again ASAP.

Author:   nnnddd101010
Date:   Nov 02, 12 at 4:15pm (PST)
Well that sucks. The DLC better be free...because releasing only 20 characters and then making people pay for more is a dick move.
quote Pokemon Leader
Edit: I spent 15 minutes translating e_e
You could have used this. Took me 15 seconds.

Author:   Mrblikey
Date:   Nov 02, 12 at 4:30pm (PST)
Subject:   re: NEWS! CHARACTER AND ARENA DLC CONFIRMED for All Stars!!
I'm guessing the stages are going to be free DLC; otherwise, it would be stupid. The characters probably are going to end up costing money, though, sadly. :/

Author:   Sprout
Date:   Nov 02, 12 at 4:55pm (PST)
It is pretty annoying when even before the game is released they announce DLC. Why can't they just put it in the game (I know, so they can make more money.)
Some games are understandable. Like when they add more missions or a whole new story, like the GTA episodes. But to pay to get a few new characters is pretty rubbish. But hey, you never know, it might be free!

Author:   Sakuraba Neku
Date:   Nov 02, 12 at 7:31pm (PST)
quote Mrblikey
I'm guessing the stages are going to be free DLC; otherwise, it would be stupid. The characters probably are going to end up costing money, though, sadly. :/
I wouldn't be surprised if they sold stages with characters.

quote Sprout
It is pretty annoying when even before the game is released they announce DLC. Why can't they just put it in the game (I know, so they can make more money.)
Some games are understandable. Like when they add more missions or a whole new story, like the GTA episodes. But to pay to get a few new characters is pretty rubbish. But hey, you never know, it might be free!
How do you that they even starting making the DLC already? For all you know they didn't start until the game was already finalized. Also I would rather get new characters in a fighting games then some missions, characters add so much more to a game then a few missions.

Author:   Sprout
Date:   Nov 03, 12 at 5:39am (PST)
quote Sakuraba Neku
How do you that they even starting making the DLC already? For all you know they didn't start until the game was already finalized. Also I would rather get new characters in a fighting games then some missions, characters add so much more to a game then a few missions.
I'd imagine they made it at similar times, probably plenty of time to add it to the game. You see DLC for games being released days after the game came out. It's literally just a way of getting more money.
But yeah, for a fighting game the only extra content you could add is characters and stages. I only really bother with DLC when it adds new missions or a whole new story (GTA episodes, Saints Row 3, Infamous 2 Festival of Blood, etc.) Its a bit more expensive but it feels worth it. I don't think I've ever bought a costume or character for a game, it just seems a bit pointless to me.

I would pay for it if I played the game alot, I liked the new characters and if they were a fair price. But some games want you to pay for a single character, if they come in a bundle then that would be quite cool

Author:   Sakuraba Neku
Date:   Nov 03, 12 at 11:31am (PST)
quote Sprout
I'd imagine they made it at similar times, probably plenty of time to add it to the game.
You don't know that for sure unless it's already on the disc though.

quote Sprout
It's literally just a way of getting more money.
No shit, if they didn't think they could make money they wouldn't have made any of the content.

quote Sprout
But yeah, for a fighting game the only extra content you could add is characters and stages. I only really bother with DLC when it adds new missions or a whole new story (GTA episodes, Saints Row 3, Infamous 2 Festival of Blood, etc.) Its a bit more expensive but it feels worth it. I don't think I've ever bought a costume or character for a game, it just seems a bit pointless to me.

I would pay for it if I played the game alot, I liked the new characters and if they were a fair price. But some games want you to pay for a single character, if they come in a bundle then that would be quite cool
Characters add a lot more to a fighting game than missions do to other games. Probably just as much as an expansion to GTA4.

Author:   nnnddd101010
Date:   Nov 03, 12 at 11:55am (PST)
quote Sakuraba Neku
Characters add a lot more to a fighting game than missions do to other games.
Which is why they shouldn't be released as DLC. They completely unbalance the game. No one is going to pay for characters that are shit. So any characters released as paid DLC aren't going to be shit.

Author:   Slash
Date:   Nov 03, 12 at 12:27pm (PST)
I just hope they don't release a different version of the game after the year with all the DLC unlocked and free in it. <_<
nnnddd101010 If they release Crash, Spyro, or maybe even Zero/MegaMan (Yes I know it's not going to happen) and they turn out shit I would sill buy them and use them. :L
Just as long as they're a fair price.

Author:   JacqueseVonRIP
Date:   Nov 03, 12 at 2:32pm (PST)
Thanks for the translation. I expected they would release more things as DLC, but don't expect it to be free or you'll be sorely disappointed. This is going into the future, but if they do make a sequel to the game then I hope the DLC carries over in a way.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.