Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale beta begins October 16 through PSN, public beta soon - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57570/t1776569-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-beta-begins-october-16-through-psn-public-beta-soon/

Author:   RabidChinaGirl
Date:   Oct 15, 12 at 9:37pm (PST)
Subject:   PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale beta begins October 16 through PSN, public beta soon
-------------------------------------------
[[news:21121]]

Author:   Peace-Child
Date:   Oct 15, 12 at 9:51pm (PST)
Subject:   re: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale beta begins October 16 through PSN, public beta soon
So, all the characters have been released then? No Crash, no Spyro, new Dante?
I can live with the new Dante, but I really don't get why they didn't add Crash or Spyro.

Author:   XXIV
Date:   Oct 15, 12 at 10:00pm (PST)
Subject:   re: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale beta begins October 16 through PSN, public beta soon
Peace-Child:
Maybe they are DLC characters? Although I would rather have Camo over Spyro any day ;P

Author:   Sasuke45
Date:   Oct 15, 12 at 10:21pm (PST)
No Dante or Nathan Drake?
Pass on downloading it then, I'll just play it at my friends house.

Author:   pipripx
Date:   Oct 15, 12 at 10:31pm (PST)
yay for owning a vita.

Date:   Oct 15, 12 at 10:33pm (PST)
XXIV That seems kinda dumb. If anything, Dante and Big Daddy should be DLC characters, I mean, why take third party ones when you can put in two of your biggest characters?

Author:   Jaye
Date:   Oct 15, 12 at 10:47pm (PST)
What time does it start?

Author:   cuzisedsokidd
Date:   Oct 15, 12 at 10:51pm (PST)
I can't find the beta on the psn. I'm trying on my vita but I got nothin

Date:   Oct 16, 12 at 12:12am (PST)
quote cuzisedsokidd
I can't find the beta on the psn. I'm trying on my vita but I got nothin
The updates for PSN usually come Tuesday afternoon, at least for the US and on the PS3. Check then.

Author:   cuzisedsokidd
Date:   Oct 16, 12 at 12:13am (PST)
Alright will do, thanks

Author:   Leon_Gehste
Date:   Oct 16, 12 at 12:49am (PST)
so not much changed since i played the beta a month or two ago.

Author:   kuje
Date:   Oct 16, 12 at 3:23am (PST)
quote Peace-Child
XXIV That seems kinda dumb. If anything, Dante and Big Daddy should be DLC characters, I mean, why take third party ones when you can put in two of your biggest characters?
Sony doesn't have the rights to Crash and Spyro, I believe Activision does. The dev team at SuperBot actually adressed this and said that getting the rights to use these two characters would cost them too much.

Author:   Mike
Date:   Oct 16, 12 at 3:43am (PST)
No Crash? No Spyro? They shouldn't even have made the game! Pay the money and get the rights to the characters! 20 characters is not enough! This isn't the 90's!

Author:   Dragoshi1
Date:   Oct 16, 12 at 5:55am (PST)
quote Mike
No Crash? No Spyro? They shouldn't even have made the game! Pay the money and get the rights to the characters! 20 characters is not enough! This isn't the 90's!
The 90's had a lot more leeway then we do now.

Activision would have all of the say in Crash and Spyro's representation in PSAS, I'm PRETTY sure many people would be upset if Skylanders Spyro and Crash of the Titans Crash were our characters instead of classic Spyro and Crash.

Date:   Oct 16, 12 at 7:29am (PST)
Dragonshi1 I suppose you're right. I wouldn't want to see the blunder that was Titans Crash, and I think we can all agree that the Skylanders one is pretty bad if not worse than new crash.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.