Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: !!More Characters?!! - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57570/t1751675-more-characters/

Author:   Miju500
Date:   Aug 08, 12 at 9:55pm (PST)
Subject:   !!More Characters?!!
-------------------------------------------
IGN Article if the link doesn't work it's because it's a mobile link or something
Leaked images from last week confirmed 7-8 characters (one might be a costume)
They are:
Raiden (Metal Gear)
Dante (DmC)
Ratchet (Ratchet & Clank)
Sackboy (Little Big Planet)
Spike (Ape Escape)
Sir Daniel Fortesque (MediEvil)
Nariko (Heavenly Sword)
Evil Cole (InFamous) (costume or seperate character??)

On 8/8/12 (earlier today) the PSASBR official site put up, then quickly took down images that showcased yet-to-be officially confirmed characters. The first showed Sackboy. The second, Raiden. The third picture showed multiple yet-to-be confirmed characters in it's blurry background. One obvious character seen in the picture is Ratchet. You shall determine the rest on your own. Hard to see who's who.

Author:   Kokoro
Date:   Aug 12, 12 at 12:31am (PST)
Subject:   re: !!More Characters?!!
I'm glad to see Dante, Ratchet & Clank and Nariko in. I'm also still hoping for Bayonetta and Juliet.

Author:   Charlie
Date:   Aug 12, 12 at 1:44am (PST)
Kokoro: There is a chance that it might be the new Dante from the new DMC game coming out though. ;I It would be cool to see Juliet Starling or Travis Touchdown though, Bayonetta too.

Also, I heard about this news already. But, I cannot WAIT to use Spike. I love me some Ape Escape! They should put in an Ape Escape monkey too.

I really want to be Ratchet & Clank and Sackboy too. :3

Author:   JacqueseVonRIP
Date:   Aug 12, 12 at 5:58am (PST)
Outstanding. There's also an item from Mark of Kri, and apparently characters called Minions will be in the game. I wonder if they'll be NPC enemies, or some sort of NPC battle partner that aids you in some way.

Date:   Aug 13, 12 at 1:19am (PST)
quote NB
Kokoro: There is a chance that it might be the new Dante from the new DMC game coming out though. ;I It would be cool to see Juliet Starling or Travis Touchdown though, Bayonetta too.
Well, still better than no Dante at all. And yeah, I hope all three of those characters make it in.

Date:   Aug 13, 12 at 1:42pm (PST)
quote Kokoro
quote NB
Well, still better than no Dante at all. And yeah, I hope all three of those characters make it in.
Eh, I guess. But the new Dante looks like shit. But he will probably have a good moveset.

I hope they have an old Dante costume though.

Author:   Slash
Date:   Aug 14, 12 at 1:56pm (PST)
Evil Cole is a separate character and it's the New Dante.

Date:   Aug 14, 12 at 2:08pm (PST)
Sackboy, new Dante, Spike, and Ratchet and Clank confirmed.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2012/08/14/sony-unveils-four-new-characters-for-playstation-all-stars/

Date:   Aug 15, 12 at 11:30pm (PST)
I'm liking the looks of Ratchet's gameplay.

quote NB
quote Kokoro
quote NB
Eh, I guess. But the new Dante looks like shit. But he will probably have a good moveset.

I hope they have an old Dante costume though.

You know, I would have thought they would have Dante with his old look in, due to the backlash over his new look. But yeah, maybe they'll have his old look as an alternate costume.

Date:   Aug 16, 12 at 12:09am (PST)
quote Slash
Evil Cole is a separate character and it's the New Dante.
Yeah I knew about the New Dante way before they confirmed it. There were leaks of characters like Spike, Ratchet and Clank, and etc. There are always leaks for these type of games! Most of those characters are/were obvious anyways, and it would be dumb if they weren't in.

Kokoro: Old Dante could be a separate character like evil Cole and good Cole. The new Dante has a cool moveset, but he looks like Robert Pattinson/looks like a fag. I have no problem with gays (look at the forum I mod), but Jesus he looks terrible.

I guess Marvel vs. Capcom called dibs on the good Dante. Also hahaha, I love Sackboy. He is pretty much a troll character, the bounce pad thing is funny. I can't wait to go against three Sackboys every other game though, because of how many LBP kiddies there are!

Kratos is gonna be overused too. Tbh Sora would be *bleep*ing awesome in this game, but I don't think Disney would let that happen.

I can't WAIT to use Spike either, he looks amazing. Ape Escape is a *bleep*ing classic.

Edit: The one thing I hate is that they COULD be using some of the old versions of these characters/the actual "all stars" but like the new Dante, they decide to choose the new versions. I like the new Spike, but the old Spike is the real classic. It's okay if the character JUST recently came out and don't have a past, but damn. They just do this shit to promote the new games and stuff too. I don't mind some of the new models for some characters, but others are shit.

Date:   Aug 16, 12 at 4:23am (PST)
It's going to be an alternate costume. It's the original. It has to be.

I wouldn't mind seeing this guy either.

I still can't get over the fact he's called Jake in the US. Wonder what the name change was for.

Author:   Slash
Date:   Aug 16, 12 at 10:47am (PST)
quote NB

Kokoro: Old Dante could be a separate character like evil Cole and good Cole. The new Dante has a cool moveset, but he looks like Robert Patterson, and he looks like a fag. I have no problem with gays (look at the forum I mod), but Jesus he looks terrible.

Old Dante isn't going to happen.
The best you could hope for is an alternate costume but then they'll have to change his devil trigger too.

Date:   Aug 16, 12 at 5:06pm (PST)
quote JacqueseVonRIP
It's going to be an alternate costume. It's the original. It has to be.

I wouldn't mind seeing this guy either.

I still can't get over the fact he's called Jake in the US. Wonder what the name change was for.
Well let's hope so. Because sometimes companies troll us fans and don't do stuff like that (like Capcom with Megaman not being in Marvel vs. Capcom 3, but they put the fat one in Street FIghter cross Tekken). But I think they will put the original Spike in as a alternate costume for sure. Also, I would LOVE if Jake was in the game too. Two reps isn't bad. Having an ape escape monkey wouldn't be bad either.

Slash: Ah that sucks, I just don't like how the new Dante looks really bad. The whole new DMC looks terrible to be honest. Let's hope the old Dante is an alternate costume at least.

Date:   Aug 17, 12 at 12:14am (PST)
quote NB
Well let's hope so. Because sometimes companies troll us fans and don't do stuff like that (like Capcom with Megaman not being in Marvel vs. Capcom 3, but they put the fat one in Street FIghter cross Tekken). But I think they will put the original Spike in as a alternate costume for sure. Also, I would LOVE if Jake was in the game too. Two reps isn't bad. Having an ape escape monkey wouldn't be bad either.
I wouldn't be overly bothered if the costume wasn't in the game, but it sure would be nice. I've also heard that each character has a companion, and unless Spike has some new friend in one of the games I didn't play, I think Buzz... err Jake could be his companion.

Date:   Aug 17, 12 at 12:18am (PST)
quote JacqueseVonRIP
quote NB
I wouldn't be overly bothered if the costume wasn't in the game, but it sure would be nice. I've also heard that each character has a companion, and unless Spike has some new friend in one of the games I didn't play, I think Buzz... err Jake could be his companion.
I wouldn't be bothered by it, it would just be nice to have. The new Spike looks kind of better anyways, but you can't go wrong with the classics.

But haha, I think Jake is a better name than Buzz. Buzz reminds me of Buzz Lightyear. We'll see if Jake is in or not, it would be cool if he was. But I think Specter would be *bleep*ing awesome to have too.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.