Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: General Discussion 2 - Who Ate All The Pies? - page 13

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57516/t1767971-general-discussion-2-who-ate-all-pies/13.htm

Author:   Parmar1993
Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 10:26am (PST)
Subject:   re: General Discussion 2 - Who Ate All The Pies?
-------------------------------------------
quote JohnnyPizzaMaN
Brazilian football > All.
Ponte > All.

Author:   RAUL94
Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 10:27am (PST)
quote TommyVercetti101
Believe! We'll destroy them! We're keeping Messi a tad quiet in recent games, so we'll win!
I don't think we'll destroy them as much as they did a couple years ago. But yeah, Pepe has walked all over Messi (sometimes literally) recently.

Author:   Johnny Pizza Man 78
Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 10:27am (PST)
Ponte might get relegated this year in real life. If so, No Ponte for you in PES 2014.

Author:   Maxy-b- 2012
Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 12:46pm (PST)
This freezing issue is really starting to get on my tits

Author:   Lyonnais
Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 1:03pm (PST)
Oh, god at that video. Personally, our Football/Soccer isn't that terrible. We, only have like 2 absolutely shit teams in the league currently and those are Toronto, and Chivas. Toronto has no excuse for being as bad as they are... they sell out almost every damn Home game, and are in general the best Canadian team. Chivas, would do better if they were rebranded, and moved the hell out of LA. Feel, sorry for Chivas' coach though... they used to be a good team but they have no core players on their team anymore.

It is great that I've been able to watch a team for years, and see how they've developed into Title winners. Saw them go from 3rd worst team in the League, to a last minute clincher which put us into the playoffs (I would say it's comparable to getting into the latter rounds of the FA Cup), to winning the damn thing in 2009, to watching us go all the way to the Concacaf Champions League final to just lose.

Very exciting like, and like I said we're improving our quality in our league. Would be cool if an MLS team was able to get into the club world cup, and play one of the big teams for real actually. Not when you guys are just in off season, lol.

Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 1:13pm (PST)
The whole MLS is just crap from top to bottom. Even the American's dont care about it, Whats the ratio something like 1/50 American males probably less like football (soccer) compared to 1/2 males in this country lol

Author:   Lyonnais
Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 2:01pm (PST)
Considering, they have to go about competing with the NBA, NFL, NHL, and the MLB which have higher attendance averages than every league in Europe besides the Bundesliga I would say they're doing alright. England (which I assume is where you live) has no competition. MLS, has to compete with 4 highly established leagues, and each year attendances go up, more televised games are watched, and our teams get better each year (besides Toronto, but they do that).

To say our whole league is crap is daft. We, might not have any Manchester City's or Barcelona's but considering that the league doesn't want the teams to be *bleep*ed financially (NASL) they're doing alright. Hell, almost all of our National Team has played/developed in MLS at one point or another. And they're ranked 32nd in the World. And I could also talk about our Women's team, but you'll probably say that doesn't matter that they've won because that has nothing to do with attendances or how big the game is.

Author:   Tommy Vercetti
Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 2:26pm (PST)
MLS is becoming an alright league. With Henry, Becks, Keane, and Cahill giving it more 'stars' I guess. Nice competitive league. Some matches have some nice goals as well.

Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 2:33pm (PST)
Women's team is amazing. Hope Solo <3

I wouldn't say the MLS is crap at all, considering the squad restrictions and as you said, the lack of people interested in soccer. Must be hard to find the talent who actually want to play.

Author:   High Road
Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 3:00pm (PST)
Same in Ireland but no one ever mentions that.

Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 3:26pm (PST)
Seedorf and Deco playing against each other in Brazil, Amazing.

Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 3:42pm (PST)
quote JohnnyPizzaMaN
Seedorf and Deco playing against each other in Brazil, Amazing.
Seedorf! Seedorf!

Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 3:57pm (PST)
Until now, none done shit yet, but Seedorf is playing sightly better..

Ronaldinho is scored 3 goals so far today, and one assist, He's now good once again.

Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 4:14pm (PST)
quote TommyVercetti101
MLS is becoming an alright league. With Henry, Becks, Keane, and Cahill giving it more 'stars'
Yeah, they get our washed up left overs haha.

But in all seriousness Lyonnais i see you are quite passionate and educated about the MLS so you could teach us all a few things about the football (soccer) culture with our cousins across the pond. Nice to see an American football (soccer) fan, You lot come few and far between. Do you not watch NFL and all that stuff then?

Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 4:18pm (PST)
quote JohnnyPizzaMaN
Until now, none done shit yet, but Seedorf is playing sightly better..
Saw Seedorf in a charity match last year with celebrities and he was class.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.