Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Master League Online Discussion - page 7

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57516/t1763426-master-league-online-discussion/7.htm

Author:   Cashis
Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 6:29am (PST)
Subject:   re: Master League Online Discussion
-------------------------------------------
Pretty sure it's an issue with the actual game itself, they're not cheating but Konami forgot to actually implement a fair matchmaking system.

Author:   Spyros
Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 7:07am (PST)
may i ask something..
im playing online,im new..my score is low..
my settings is to play against opponents of my level..
most of the opponents appear to be on my lever but with a DREAM TEAM!! is annoying..im playing with default players, average of 60 skills point and others have 11 world class players!!

so my question is, how come they have low score,low level and have a dream team.. what is the trick to have so expensive players while im wasting my (low) money on reneals???

what is the trick?how do they cheat?

Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 8:10am (PST)
quote Spyros
may i ask something..
most of the opponents appear to be on my lever but with a DREAM TEAM!! is annoying..im playing with default players, average of 60 skills point and others have 11 world class players!!

so my question is, how come they have low score,low level and have a dream team.. what is the trick to have so expensive players while im wasting my (low) money on reneals???

I gave you an answer in the above post mate. Doubt it's much help though.

Anyway, here's my team at the minute:

GK: Forster
RB: Abe
CB: O'Shea
CB: Lovren
LB: Minarao
DMF: Gosso
CMF: Ogu
AMF: Vossen
RWF: Birsa
LWF: Holman
CF: D. Bent

Notable subs:
Patazhenthar
Hubschman
Devic

Squad coming along nicely now.

Author:   Allan_Skaarup
Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 1:55pm (PST)
quote Spyros
may i ask something..

Try manager mode, it seems fixed. You have games when your team is far superior and the defaults batter you and others when you face Messi, Ronaldo & co and make fools of them. Think the AI tries to balance it in manager mode as it definitely isn't tactical.. players move faster, pass faster etc.

If you draw a dream team and the game wants you to win then you might bag £5m.

Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 2:00pm (PST)
quote Cashis
Just went 2-0 up and then, all of a sudden, the connection lags out. There'd not been a bit of lag before that.

When will Konami sort this out? I'm sick of my good work essentially being time wasted, it's honestly a *bleeping* joke.
It's pointless. I wish you could quit before games started tbh because if you see the opposition with a courtesy rating of B and his profile says that disconnections are "moderately high" then you know if you win the game it won't even count.

Worse is that so many people try to glitch goals by any means. Lobs. Cheating freekicks. I actually was having a decent game against someone and at 1-0 down he tried to score one of those freekicks so I just kept the ball in defence the rest of the game and gave his lone striker the run around. If they are going to try and cheat - showing me no respect, then I won't show them any either.

When you play this online it's an awful game. It should have been so much more.

Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 2:31pm (PST)
quote Allan_Skaarup
It's pointless. I wish you could quit before games started tbh because if you see the opposition with a courtesy rating of B and his profile says that disconnections are "moderately high" then you know if you win the game it won't even count.

Worse is that so many people try to glitch goals by any means. Lobs. Cheating freekicks. I actually was having a decent game against someone and at 1-0 down he tried to score one of those freekicks so I just kept the ball in defence the rest of the game and gave his lone striker the run around. If they are going to try and cheat - showing me no respect, then I won't show them any either.

When you play this online it's an awful game. It should have been so much more.
Agree with everything you've said. I've also won a couple of games by passing the ball along my back four when I've been playing against pricks. It's not pretty but sometimes needs must.

Author:   SC_adept
Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 3:09pm (PST)
Does anyone elses keepers just not save shots from the edge of the box? Mine just seem to dive about 10 minutes after the ball is past them if im fortunate enough for them to dive at all.

Also are those cheat free kicks you guys are talking about where they park a defender in front of the keeper so he doesn't move at all? Anyway to prevent/defend it? :S

Author:   unss1987
Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 11:14pm (PST)
konami failed once again. It's a shame that you don't get a fairplay game anymore , it has to be something wrong with either your goal keeper, defensive line,cheating opponent or coach mode fixed games...If only there was other football game better than fifa

Author:   JaiGe
Date:   Oct 07, 12 at 6:38am (PST)
Ok I just have to vent a little here so sorry for the moaning but ...

I will start by saying I LOVE playing this game but this is the first time I have taken to MLO seriously and although there are games that are amazing and stick in my memory ( losses and wins ) there are some fundamental mistakes that could easily be fixed. These mistakes and one main one is the reason I am considering just forgetting about playing online.

OK most people know of the freekick bug and for those who don't I won't be saying it as the less people that know the better. But I will say this.. I use it. I don't like it, I don't agree it should be used but playing this game online turns good people into bad people. The reason I used it is exclusively when it's near the end of a game and I'm 1 on 1 with the keeper and the opponent fouls me. I use this as a fair payback because without this bug the player slides me gets sent off and ( more often than not ) I miss the freekick and he gets the win/draw. So thats why. But this doesn't bother me and would be a little bit insignificant compared to the disconnectors...man this makes me so angry.

I enjoy playing to get in the top spots of the rival rankings table and it spurs you on to get as many points as you can with a wee cash bonus at the end. This is great for the game, however over the past week with no exaggeration I have seen no fewer than 20 people lagging out there game whether it has been half time and im winning 3-0 or the 85th minute and I score what looks to be the winner. I HATE this so much not only does it give me no points for playing almost a whole game it wastes my time and I feel even more angry when it happens then I get humped in the next game by someone. I am by no means a nasty player and I have sat there a full 90 minutes on the end of some shocking scorelines ( 0-7 , 0-5 ) etc. but I always play until the end and at the very least I get some money for completing a game. Just before I posted this I played a game which lead me to typing this mountain of an opinion I was playing someone with an 800 rating and a very good squad. He played until the 85th minute when I scored to make it 4-2 ... then the expected LAG issues happen. The game stops and I get no win no points and no money. He gets away from a bad result with no penalty. It's ridiculous.

If konami claim to listen to the community and feedback to improve this game then I suggest this one simple change.

All matches are played with the understanding that if you lose connection , Accidentally or otherwise then you lose the game the points and money and the other player gets the rewards.

This may seem harsh because we all have had times where our internet has screwed up. But as yourself - Would you mind losing a very small number of games because of YOUR internet failing knowing that no-one can ever disconnect and screw you over? I for one would be happy if that was how it worked.

And for those who might say "my internet crashes all of the time so it would be unfair" I'm sorry but maybe you shouldn't play online games if you dont have a decent connection.

So there Konami , anyone who loses connection loses the game. Problem solved.

Rant over

Author:   RAUL94
Date:   Oct 07, 12 at 7:05am (PST)
"And for those who might say "my internet crashes all of the time so it would be unfair" I'm sorry but maybe you shouldn't play online games if you dont have a decent connection."

I live in a place where there's limited internet available to me. So should I be punished for where I live?

Author:   JaiGe
Date:   Oct 07, 12 at 7:58am (PST)
I'm sorry to hear that. But I believe it's the best thing to do... You surely have had people disconnect when you are winning? So you are getting punished anyway. So yeah I stand by what I typed. A few good people getting done because of connection or the majority of people getting screwed by connection cheaters it's the greater good

Author:   HAMMOUTI88
Date:   Oct 07, 12 at 8:17am (PST)
My first matches on MLO where horrible, I played against players who had full-star teams. But I ignored that and went on.
I start winning matches.
And I was getting better.
Because of the changing forms of players you must have at least 7/10 players on the bench, so you can always make changes. So your first 11 are nothing without (7/10) players on the bench.

my 11:

Gk: Jourdren
Defence: Jordi Alba, Perea, Sergio Ramos, Debuchy
Midfield: Strootman, Chivu, Ozil
Attack: Pedro, Hulk, Neymar

--------------------------------------

Date:   Oct 07, 12 at 8:38am (PST)
quote RAUL94
"And for those who might say "my internet crashes all of the time so it would be unfair" I'm sorry but maybe you shouldn't play online games if you dont have a decent connection."

I live in a place where there's limited internet available to me. So should I be punished for where I live?
Yes. Nobody else should be punished for it.

The person who lags the game out should always be punished severely otherwise this loophole will forever exist.

Date:   Oct 07, 12 at 8:41am (PST)
quote JaiGe
OK most people know of the freekick bug and for those who don't I won't be saying it as the less people that know the better. But I will say this.. I use it. I don't like it, I don't agree it should be used but playing this game online turns good people into bad people. The reason I used it is exclusively when it's near the end of a game and I'm 1 on 1 with the keeper and the opponent fouls me. I use this as a fair payback because without this bug the player slides me gets sent off and ( more often than not ) I miss the freekick and he gets the win/draw.
The punishment is the red card, there is no excuse for cheating.

Author:   RAUL94
Date:   Oct 07, 12 at 8:48am (PST)
quote Allan_Skaarup
quote RAUL94

Yes. Nobody else should be punished for it.

The person who lags the game out should always be punished severely otherwise this loophole will forever exist.
Do what EA do. If it's connection issues - nothing. If it's people quitting/disconnecting - punish.

But they do get it wrong a lot of the time.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.