Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Master League Online Discussion - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57516/t1763426-master-league-online-discussion/

Author:   Cashis
Date:   Sep 24, 12 at 7:03am (PST)
Subject:   Master League Online Discussion
-------------------------------------------
Just thought I'd make a thread where we could discuss our formations, signings, tips etc.

I've only just started my campaign but I've won my first two games 5-1 & 7-0. These two were both crap players, no doubt, but I noticed that the default formation was great for creating chances. Here's the players I recommend using in what positions (why did they change all the default names?):

------------------------------ Ivyghasek ------------------------------
Paccini --------- El Moughaouet ----- Jacomorac -------- Macovshire
----------------------- Myrheim ---------------- Voleimann -----------
-------------------------------- Gellazca -------------------------------
Heauderbaix --------------------------------------------- Aakoebjerg
-------------------------------- Minandinho ---------------------------

The two holding midfielders are in fact CMFs despite how deep they are - this means you can bring them forward to supplement the attack if required. Gellazca is an attacking mid and the two wingers are wing forwards.

Jacomorac should take all set pieces bar penalties and corners from the left. However if the opponent has a big striker or two you might want to consider playing Richard Harty in his place as Jacomorac is small for a centre half. El Moughaouet is in there for his height, both in defence and at set pieces. Macovshire & Paccini are the best full back options available. You could exchange one of the centre mids for Coynborough but it doesn't really matter, they're in the team to stop attacks through the middle and play it simple.

Gellazca can be exchanged for Castolis at your will but I think the former shades it. The two wing forwards are integral - Aakoebjerg has a powerful and relatively accurate shot for a default and Heauderbaix is very fast (try using the two touch trick that you're taught in training with him, I've used it to good effect so far as opponents seem to like diving in and not backing off like myself). Minandinho is a good option up top but you can always bring him off and bring on Rustwyth in his place as he has devastating shot accuracy.

Bring El Moughaouet and Paccini up for set pieces and most of all, don't dive in unless required. Back off when defending and hold the 2nd man pressure button so you yourself can manually fill any gaps and a CPU player can close down the player in possession. Also remember to click the right analog stick in the direction of players you want to run forward - this can be done with the wing forwards to devastating effect. I also don't recommend placing your shots too often unless you're Rustwyth as he has great shot accuracy. Nearly all of my goals so far have been hammered into the net.

Anyway, let me know your recommended signings/tactics/tips etc. If there's already a thread for this then let me know.

Author:   High Road
Date:   Sep 24, 12 at 7:47am (PST)
Subject:   re: Master League Online Discussion
Voleimann is an absolute beast. He'll be the very last player out of my team.

Playing this at the moment.

Ivyghasek

Paccini - Harty - Jacomorac - Houleigiu

Voleimann - Coynborough

Gellazca

Aakoebjerg ---------------------------- Orelaine

Forssell

Author:   The Red Devils
Date:   Sep 24, 12 at 7:50am (PST)
Subject:   re: Master League Online Tips & Tactics
Well Cashis cheers for creating this thread as it's all I've played so far. What you could do rather than writing out the formation you can go on this site it's kinda like FutHead, for those who played Ultimate Team last year. Also for the people who like to find out players stats you can go on this site MLO database

Date:   Sep 24, 12 at 8:22am (PST)
Just played out an absolute belter of a game, winnign 2-1 against someone who had Eto'o, Oscar and a few other quality players. I just had the ML Defaults plus Birsa who scored along with Aakoebjerg. Credit to my keeper who saved a one-on-one with Eto'o as well.

I've noticed that people have such basic tactics and when you figure them out, they struggle to deal with it and change their gameplan. For example, the guy I just beat 2-1 had great attackers so his tactic was to hit them as soon as possible, no build up, just get it to one of the attacker's feet and then build from there. I lost 1-0 to a guy about half an hour ago, he had a team full of superstars but only beat me 1-0 with a goal in the last 5 minutes. His tactic was to do full powered lobbed through balls as soon as possible for his frontman to run onto - I figured this out straight away and just kept super cancelling my centre halves so I could nip in front of his striker to win the ball.

Personally I think my method of play is pretty damn good and when I start getting good players I reckon I'll hand out some real thrashings. I mix it up, from short passing possession football to through balls to wing play and I like to add tricks in there too.

Edit; oh and High Road, I'd not noticed how great Voleimann was until I read your post and played the match I've just mentioned. So good at breaking up attacks via interceptions and tackles.

Author:   SC_adept
Date:   Sep 24, 12 at 8:40am (PST)
Whats the form like in this one? Is it like 2012 where it gradually changes over the course of days or something else?

Date:   Sep 24, 12 at 8:57am (PST)
quote SC_adept
Whats the form like in this one? Is it like 2012 where it gradually changes over the course of days or something else?
Different in every game mate.

I've just signed Patazhenthar (a unility player with 7 for form - he can play CB, DMF & CMF). He had a storming debut as I won 3-2 against yet another player with far superior players such as Defoe. I took a 3-0 lead and let him back into the game sadly, but I played good possession football and ground out a result.

Also just signed Devic who can play all across the front line and the wings. At the minute I'm just trying to give myself as many options as possible as form is an issue.

Edit: Just lost 5-2 to a team with RVP and Hulk as their front line. Three things I'd like to express my disgust at:

1. Defenders can't deal well with lobbed through balls at all, they simply stop running at times. This was the cause of three of his goals.
2. Goalkeepers. For three of his goals the keeper didn't even dive, he actually turned around and ignored the ball. Never seen such a joke in my entire life.
3. The fact I have to play these teams. I've got a team full of Master League defaults with three average players signed and I'm playing against Robin Van Persie & Hulk. I'm actually disgusted in how Konami could let this happen. Thoroughly disappointed.

Author:   SC_adept
Date:   Sep 24, 12 at 9:36am (PST)
quote Cashis
quote SC_adept
Different in every game mate.

So like the 2011 way? That's good the 2012 style annoyed me when you fancied a game but your entire team was off form.

1. Defenders can't deal well with lobbed through balls at all, they simply stop running at times. This was the cause of three of his goals.
2. Goalkeepers. For three of his goals the keeper didn't even dive, he actually turned around and ignored the ball. Never seen such a joke in my entire life.
3. The fact I have to play these teams. I've got a team full of Master League defaults with three average players signed and I'm playing against Robin Van Persie & Hulk. I'm actually disgusted in how Konami could let this happen. Thoroughly disappointed.
Big complaints I had with the last game too, especially the last one. They should actually make the division system somewhat decent then only face people in your division. With actual reward for making it in a higher division.

Date:   Sep 24, 12 at 10:29am (PST)
I feel your frustration, in my opening game I came up against Eto', RVP & Walcott. Can happily say I lost

What's this transfer embargo ? Bit annoying as I cant release a player who is out of contract in my subs.

Author:   toffeejay
Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 6:09am (PST)
does anyone know how to sync pes 2013 to facebook dont know if im being thick or its not available yet??

Author:   Dean
Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 6:19am (PST)
quote toffeejay
does anyone know how to sync pes 2013 to facebook dont know if im being thick or its not available yet??
Won't be available until the mid oct patch which will bring in all the things they didn't have time to put in the game so they could release it a week before FIFA and basically pissing people off in the process by leaving out a fair amount of the game

Author:   High Road
Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 6:56am (PST)
Going to come home next week to find myself playing against Messi and Ronaldo game in game out I'd say

Don't think there's another thread like this. Thought I'd just change the thread title and make this the forum MLO thread.

Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 8:19am (PST)
The contracts for Messi & Ronaldo are ridiculous, they're like 3.7million :L I'd rather sign players who are low rated so it's kinda cheap.

Author:   ResistanceFailure
Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 6:15pm (PST)
Just drew my first match 3-3. Enjoyed it alot more than last years MLO (so far).
Two of his goals were identical breakaway then round the keeper goals with Briand.
My last goal, the equaliser was a beaut. Words can't describe...(or i'm just too lazy to type it out )

Have to agree with Cashis that the default tactic is a very decent one to use. I now just need to get the players that will fit it.

Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 6:19pm (PST)
Played a game earlier and won 5-0. When I play people with teams around the same level as mine I destroy them and even when I'm playing a quality team full of world class players I still put up a very good fight. Only took one heavy loss so far which I mentioned in an earlier post.

Can anyone suggest a decent keeper & right back that won't break the bank?

Author:   ResistanceFailure
Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 10:38pm (PST)
Scored another beauty.
Figured I'd try that trap and flick thing in a game (hold R3, then flick it over them). First time I try it and it comes down on the half volley all of 35 yards out, where I proceed in smashing it into the far corner.

The goalscorer...Coynbourough playing from DM.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.