Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Ravi Parmar - Becoming A Legend - page 6

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57516/t1762173-ravi-parmar-becoming-legend/6.htm

Author:   Parmar1993
Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 3:14pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Ravi Parmar - Becoming A Legend
-------------------------------------------
JohnnyPizzaMaN did you comment on my YouTube video of my press conference? the guy that commented had a different username, but the exact same picture as you

Author:   Johnny Pizza Man 78
Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 3:18pm (PST)
Lul. Yes. It was me.

Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 3:19pm (PST)
JohnnyPizzaMaN then i'll nutmeg Neymar just for you. wouldn't have done it otherwise

Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 12:45am (PST)
Chelskiman High Road RAUL94 James Young IcarusAbides JohnnyPizzaMaN

INTERACTION: I have saved 760 points and so I think it is time to go into the PES Shop. I am thinking that Parmar should learn a Skill Card so here are the options that I think would be handy, but if you have any other suggestions, please Gove them as well:
  • Long Range Drive
  • Speed Merchant
  • Knuckle Shot
  • 1-Touch Play
  • Flicking Skills
  • Weighted Pass

there will be a full pre season update post coming up later today as well.

Author:   Chelskiman
Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 12:53am (PST)
I think 1-Touch Play tbh. I'm currently training for it myself actually. The long range skill cards are handy, but I think that as an AMF you could really open up defences with some quick one touch play. It also helps first time shots as well, so it is still a handy card to have when shooting from distance.

Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 4:21am (PST)
I'm going to begin by saying that i accidentally refreshed the page while writing the post and lost 80% of what i wrote so this might not be up to scratch as i'm really annoyed about that. anyway, i'll leave the last Interaction open for the time being to let everyone have a say in the Skill Card training.

Making An Impression

We played well in the friendlies, winning 4 out of 7 games, drawing one and losing 2. I scored 5 of the 10 goals we scored in those games and also assisted 3 of them. Here are the results:

Ponte Preta 1 - 1 Dhroffsmitz

Ponte Preta 1 - 0 PAOK F.C.

Ponte Preta 0 - 3 Wisla Krakow SA

Ponte Preta 2 - 0 Norsjaelland

Ponte Preta 3 - 1 Sparta Praha

Ponte Preta 1 - 2 Dinamo Zagreb

Ponte Preta 2 - 1 Kochglehmann

We began the Brazilian Cup with an epic game against Portuguesa, they took the lead 7 minutes into the game and then extended it to 2-0 in the 23rd minute and held the score until half time. In the second half we got back into the game when I sent in a corner and it was calmly headed in by Luan in the 53rd minute and moments later we levelled the game in the 58th minute and we dominated the game from there but just couldn't break Portuguesa's defence. However in the 82nd minute Portuguesa scored once more to make it 3-2 but I did not want to lose my first competitive game with Ponte and lead the counter attack so that Luan could score once again to send the game into extra time. However, Portuguesa did not want to give me the joy of an epic comeback win as they scored the winner of the game in the 117th minute. 4 - 3 final score and the match stats show how even the game was:

Portuguesa 4 - 3 Ponte Preta
12 (8) - Shots - 12 (9)
50% - Possession - 50%

Since this game we had 6 weeks to prepare for the league campaign, I focused on learning the Right Midfielder role even more than I had already been doing so and Guto Ferreira noticed how much work I was putting into this training and once he felt that I became natural in the role and in his words, better as a player in that position than my more natural AMF position, he played me as a Right Midfielder in the game against Internacional in the first game of the season. We fared much better against Internacional as we won 1-0 thanks to a cross from the right hand side from myself and we held onto the game against an Internacional side who had the likes of Forlan, D'Alessandro and Dagoberto within their ranks.

Completed the training for RMF so i have space to learn the skill card now, if it helps, I am gonig to play RMF for Ponte Preta so choose whichever card will suit me cutting in from the right wing, or my ability to cross and play through the middle. I'm sure i will have enough points soon enough to get 2 cards so i will probably save up to 1000 and then buy the two cards and equip them simultaneously.

This message was edited on 2012-10-01T12:38:38-07:00.

Author:   RAUL94
Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 4:52am (PST)
I have Knuckle Shot and Speed Merchant. I don't think they do anything tbh

1-touch Play would be nice. But if you're on the wing, Weighted Pass will really help with the crossing.

Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 5:03am (PST)
quote RAUL94
I have Knuckle Shot and Speed Merchant. I don't think they do anything tbh

1-touch Play would be nice. But if you're on the wing, Weighted Pass will really help with the crossing.
speed merchant does A LOT more than you think, try a player that doesn't have it and you'll see the impact of it.

for Knuckle Shot you have to do knuckle shots to see the impact of it. the card makes sure it doesn't go 100m over the crossbar.

at the moment I might go with 1-touch and weighted pass, but its up to everyone and what they want me to learn.

Author:   RAUL94
Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 5:06am (PST)
I'm already at B for speed. I swear I was a lot faster too

I don't get enough space for knuckle shots and it would take about 100 attempts to get them right

Author:   IcarusAbides
Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 6:31am (PST)
1 touch all the way

Author:   eschief
Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 10:58am (PST)
1 touch will be the best, I think. On early stages it helps a lot.

Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 12:12pm (PST)
thanks for the feedback, eschief, Chelskiman, RAUL94, IcarusAbides i went with 1-Touch Play and Weighted Pass, i'll keep you up to date with progress.

Seeing Red

I've played well, contributing to 2 goals and 4 assists in 7 games, however the way the Brazilian football is played, I'm getting booked frequently. I received a yellow card in the first 3 games of the season, one in the Brazilian Cup and two in the league and this mainly stems from the fact that diving is encouraged in Brazilian football and if you stick a leg out to get the ball, the likeliness is that the player will go down. In the seventh game of the season I was booked in the 24th minute and then in the 80th minute I had a rush of blood and stuck a leg out in trying to get an equaliser against Nautico. The referee instantly went to his pocket and sent me off for a challenge which had barely any contact and one which I won the ball.

After my 1 game suspension I was dropped to the bench for the next game and the manager hasn't been too impressed with the petulance I showed against Nautico despite my training efforts to have better one touch link up and to work on my long passing. Really need to impress Guto Ferreira in the next game and in training to reclaim my place in the starting line up

INTERACTION: Not many interactions to do at this early stage of the season. so just a reminder that you can alter the training schedule or choose my boots whenever you want. if you want to see me wearing speed based boots or power based boots, let me know, i'll change training and boots whenever you want.

Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 12:15pm (PST)
Speed boots over power but I'm not particularly fussed either way on that one. You could always stop tackling people to avoid those cards .

Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 12:20pm (PST)
quote IcarusAbides
Speed boots over power but I'm not particularly fussed either way on that one. You could always stop tackling people to avoid those cards .
it's just those annoying 50-50 challenges where i stick a leg out and they'll go down whether i get the ball or not. i've always had a little habit of tackling though

Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 12:36pm (PST)
quote Parmar1993
quote IcarusAbides
it's just those annoying 50-50 challenges where i stick a leg out and they'll go down whether i get the ball or not. i've always had a little habit of tackling though
Yeah I know what you mean.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.