Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Ravi Parmar - Becoming A Legend - page 5

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57516/t1762173-ravi-parmar-becoming-legend/5.htm

Author:   RAUL94
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 3:03am (PST)
Subject:   re: Ravi Parmar - Becoming A Legend
-------------------------------------------
I wouldn't go for CMF. Since you're an AMF, you'll have developed to be more attacking. I vote RMF

Author:   Parmar1993
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 4:40am (PST)
Thank you for the responses, Chelskiman, James Young, Bibster and RAUL94. Nelapoltsk play with 2 DMFs and two wide midfielders, i prefer playing through the middle so that's why I have a preference of either DMF, CMF, or SS. but i will only get games as a DMF for Nelapoltsk. although, i have enjoyed playing as a LMF with Nelapoltsk and i am the top rated LMF in the side, even though i am not starting so that's an option.

here are my stats for Season 2:

New Opportunities

I didn't get a move to Zaragoza so I will be staying at Nelapoltsk for at least another year. I spoke to the manager and he said that if I wanted to crack into the first team I'd have to become fluent in a role at the club and that as much as I love playing through the middle of the pitch, he saw me as a winger. Ultimately, it is my choice where I want to play. I've featured a few times already this season off the bench and I've done well so hopefully I can either make the DMF or LMF role my own over the next year.

However, I could go with a RMF role as this would enable me to cut into the centre of the park onto my more dominant left foot. I am still seeking a move to another club but the promise of first team football over the next year if I learn to play another role is quite the challenge for me.

I was told by Pascal Hauboulin that Ponte Preta want me and they are offering a £91,000 year contract, but it is only for one year so it is risky to join them. However, they are promising me a first team place behind the striker in my favoured attacking midfield position and the option to play as a winger should I choose to learn the new position. Ponte are newly promoted and said they need strengthening up front to secure their place in the league and start to challenge to upper echelons of the league.

INTERACTION: Would you like to see Parmar join Ponte Preta and learn the new position, if so where would you like Parmar to play in Ponte's first XI, this is their formation:

GK

RB - CB - CB - LB

DMF - DMF

RMF - AMF - LMF

ST

where would you like Parmar to play in the future and which stat boost should be replaced by the new position, +3 in passing or the +3 in Body Balance? of course, the boost will be back after the new position has been fully equipped.

NOTE: each stat has increased by one since the screenshot as i played as a LMF in the last game, the OVR is now 69.

Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 4:57am (PST)
Yeah, Ponte are waiting on you

What about a skill card?

Author:   Chelskiman
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 4:58am (PST)
If you play defensive are you going to sit back like a DM should, or will you venture forward, almost playing a Yaya Toure type role?

Looking at your stats I don't think you are very suited to a DMF role. Your defence is poor and your balance isn't the best plus you're not very good in the air, which is something I think a good DMF should be.

I think, based on your stats, you are probably better off training to be a RMF. You have speed and dribble accuracy, which is needed for the wings, and although your shot acc isn't the best if you are cutting in on your left you should be able to score a few. My shot acc is in the 60's too and I've scored 5 goals in 8 matches at Vitesse this season.

Author:   Coaz
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 6:10am (PST)
Nice SOMS, I like the fact that you interact with those who read it!

I think you should join Ponte Preta & learn the RMF role. For the boost, it depends on the new position you pick.
+3 Balance if you go with DMF & +3 if you choose RMF.

Can't wait for the next update!

Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 6:37am (PST)
Chelskiman, I would be more of a Yaya Toure kind of player, I've done well like that when I've played, I'm also good at tackling on the game as well so that helps. stamina of 83 iirc which is a bonus too.

coaz, thank you for the kind words, I'm thinking of RMF with Ponte as they play a narrow formation which makes my life easier as I wouldn't be neglected out wide.

what does everyone else think on this. I'm not near my PS3 for the rest of the day so keep the discussion flowing between you guys as I'd like a really like to see different sides of the decision.

Author:   Johnny Pizza Man 78
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 10:20am (PST)
RMF seems the best option for you.

Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 4:48am (PST)
Thank you all for the feedback, JohnnyPizzaMaN Chelskiman RAUL94 Coaz Bibster James Young i decided to move to Ponte and choose RMF as the position, here's the next update...

Looking To The Future

It's done now, I've taken the risk and signed for Ponte Preta and I'll officially join the team on the 1st of January 2014 which works quite nicely as that will be the start of their new season. They have a good team but are 16th in the league this season with their top scorer only scoring 4 times so far. Hopefully I can be the difference maker and create those chances for the strikers and take some chances for myself as well.

I am still going to play my heart out for Nelapoltsk while I am here but ever since the manager found out I signed the contract with Ponte Preta, he hasn't been happy with me and as a result, I'm not featuring in many games, despite this, I played in a friendly against FC Copenhagen and I scored the only goal in the game, and it was probably the greatest goal I've ever scored, and it was with my weaker right foot!

INTERACTION: I've had some good training games and substitute appearances and i've had a few boots given to me, the next interaction is to decide what boots i will be wearing, here are the choices:

Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 4:53am (PST)
Mizuno Wave Ignitus 2. Get that shot accuracy and shot power up!

The boots I'm wearing give me insane speed, and they have bumped my OA up by 5, and from memory they are Mizuno boots as well.

Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 6:18am (PST)
Thank you Chelskiman for the feedback, i've decided to use the Mizuno boots, if anyone else has any other ideas, please let me know.

Fresh Start

I've now officially become a Ponte Preta player and was instantly thrusted to the first XI which was surprising. I was handed the lucky number 7 shirt by the club but manager Guto Ferreira said that I could pick any available number and as soon as I saw the list my first choice number 8 was not available, neither was number 11 which has always been my backup number so it was between 7 and 23 which I wear because of some of my idols, like Rafael Van Der Vaart and David Beckham. The press conference went really well and my words came from the bottom of my heart and I am genuinely excited to play for the club in a league where so many world class players have emerged from. Later on in the press conference, Guto Ferreira said this about me:
quote Guto Ferreira
Ravi is a very talented individual who was trained in England [with Charlton] and Poland [with Nelapoltsk], however he didn't get the treatment he deserved. This is potentially the most important transfer in the history of the club and a statement from us that we want to do well this year and make an impact in Brazillian football
The rest of the press conference is shown below

INTERACTION: Training stat time! i have 9 points to allocate in total, here is Ponte Preta's training schedule for me. where would you like to put the 9 training points?

Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 6:25am (PST)
5 on shot acc
2 on power
1 on dribble
1 on passing

Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 6:41am (PST)
Got my first goal for the club, 1-1 in a friendly, but we have a whole month of friendlies so plenty of time to settle in

Author:   Coaz
Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 7:41am (PST)
Very nice goal for Nelapoltsk & a tidy finish for Ponte Preta!

As for the focus points, i would go with a:

5 on Shot
2 on Pass
1 on Power
1 on Stamina

Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 9:03am (PST)
Put all the focus points on speed

Nice goals

Author:   Johnny Pizza Man 78
Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 9:35am (PST)
I agree with Chelski.
5 on shot acc.
2 on power.
1 on dribble.
1 on passing.

And that goal was goddamn beautiful.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.