Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: First Impressions - page 9

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57516/t1761504-first-impressions/9.htm

Author:   Tomski
Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 11:37am (PST)
Subject:   re: First Impressions
-------------------------------------------
quote RAUL94
There's one problem I have with the game and that's the difficulty.

Top Player is too difficult for me and at times, unfair. Like Cuellar outpacing Nathan Dyer? Really?
On Pro, the CPU don't create enough chances for them to make it challenging.

If there was a difficulty in between, it would be perfect for me.
I'm having trouble mastering Professional at the moment. Played as Arsenal earlier and beat Spurs 6-0. Then played as Newcastle vs Man City and lost 2-0.

One thing that did help me improve though was changing the camera back to the default view. I did change it to the FIFA-esque camera for familiarity, but once I changed it back I was able to have a good overview of the game.

Author:   RAUL94
Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 12:09pm (PST)
quote Tomski
quote RAUL94
There's one problem I have with the game and that's the difficulty.

Top Player is too difficult for me and at times, unfair. Like Cuellar outpacing Nathan Dyer? Really?
On Pro, the CPU don't create enough chances for them to make it challenging.

If there was a difficulty in between, it would be perfect for me.
I'm having trouble mastering Professional at the moment. Played as Arsenal earlier and beat Spurs 6-0. Then played as Newcastle vs Man City and lost 2-0.

One thing that did help me improve though was changing the camera back to the default view. I did change it to the FIFA-esque camera for familiarity, but once I changed it back I was able to have a good overview of the game.
I beat Liverpool then lost to Reading. It's impossible to keep a good run going.

Went to my Atalanta save and again, having trouble winning 2 matches in a row.

Author:   oggmeista
Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 5:49pm (PST)
quote parmar1993
quote oggmeista
quote "Can't wait to get started once option files start coming out" what do you mean by this?
Option File is the name of the save data on PES. all your settings, edit data etc. is collectively called an "option file" while this term is not used on next gen games, on the PS2 we'd have save file 100 as OF standing for Option File, this is why it is called an option file.

nowadays, people create kits and logos and people download them and replace their edit data thus "licensing" the game. so Arsenal, Chelsea, etc. would all be licensed.

quote oggmeista
The thing is that if you go to the edit mode you can edit criteria about the league such as the emblem the name the teams participating..and so on .....now this made me think...If the game does not have these competitions at all then why bother with an editing feature to change parameters in these competitions? What would be the point in changing data in the editor if you cannot play these, EPL, Serie A. Eredeversie, Bundesliga, La Liga and so on.. Anyone have an answer, it probably the difference to whether I decide to buy the game or not...P
the changes affect BAL and ML when you create a new game on it after the changes. that's why it is there. to be fair, you can just play the league you want to play on ML. in my opinion it's a better mode and you can play Co-op and iirc, they've added in a feature where you can go one on one with a friend offline.

No sorry probably didn't explain myself too well, I know what an option file is what I meant was, what was the poster expecting from the option files?

Anyways thx for answering my query about the editing feature of these leagues and why it is included, But if that is the case then to me it is NOT good enough, you say they have added a feature where a second player can play for the other team, maybe so but how much fun is that for them? This is NOTHING like both of you running in the league playing to win for your own team or even teams if you both choose more than 1 club or there are 3-4 or more of you playing....If you think about it unlike the actual player the other person is not really playing the game and most people will see this as just a novelty , in essence it is next to useless compared to how the game was in earlier editions, yes I know the controller check feature didn't allow you to do this but that could be overcome with a disable controller check.exe which usually comes with most kitserver patches and option files....the removal of these modes is still a completely dumbass move and 1 which will withhold my money to pay for this what to me is a halfbaked game

Author:   aussie_tim
Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 7:48pm (PST)
WHAT A GAME!!!!
After having a good crack last night (9:30 - 3 a.m, on a worknight, what i love about football games!) I gotta say the depth in controls, freedom and gameplay is really unbelievable to me. This game is easily the best PES yet. Forget PES6 this is the one i've been waiting for. The only way i can explain is this game is a blank canvas. It's far more than just a "game". IT'S ART. I'm still to learn and memorise just a few controls/tricks, something i really got stuck into last night (booklet by side, pause>command list.) and mastering the commands left me feeling the possibilities and styles i can play are endless. Especially with the way i can direct and control team mates with the off ball and dynamic one-two feature. A few things that really opened my eyes to how insanely good this game is -

- The new double touch feature. Flick right or left on the R-Stick then flick forward on L-Stick. I skinned one CB with this with RVP but the shot went wide. As soon as i "got it" I now look for it to push into space or snap past someone. It also gave me a good idea of how the skills work in this game. Previously i'd just use link feints but haven't even bothered or feel the need to now.

- Nutmeg/run around feature. Works a treat and looks slick when executed. By no means easy to pull off yet but it's there to use.

- The Flick is incredible. I decided to push Evra up and he nailed a sweet flick and turn around the defender (hold R3 down when recieving and push LeftStick in direction you want to exit) a simple pass to Rooney who first time shot for my most satisfying goal of the night.Sombrero is cool too although i didn't happen to successfully pull one off.

- General skills and pace burst from standing start. It all works with timing and concentration.

- knuckle shot/manual low shot. A good feature indeed and has given shooting the control it lacked the last 2 installments.

- Deft touch dribble, high lofted pass and manual passing when i choose. Just awesome.

The a.i on pro/top player is clever and not too over the top. The cpu plays good football and i was amazed with some of the things they pulled out. Mata ran a muck against me in a game where i lost 5-2 (my first i tried on top player). I got hammered but at 4-0 down i lost Giggs, straight red to a terrible tackle. I managed to win the second half 2-1 with 10men and didn't feel ripped i lost. I was actually playing good football and had some real brainfarts in defense with Johnny Evans. Chelsea played well in those moments they scored. Mata was clinical and the player i.d really stood out. I really don't know if i'll bother with FIFA stright away this year. I got everything i need already and thinking bout fifa is making me go EWWWW!!

Author:   Parmar1993
Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 12:15am (PST)
quote aussie_tim
WHAT A GAME!!!!
After having a good crack last night (9:30 - 3 a.m, on a worknight, what i love about football games!) I gotta say the depth in controls, freedom and gameplay is really unbelievable to me. This game is easily the best PES yet. Forget PES6 this is the one i've been waiting for. The only way i can explain is this game is a blank canvas. It's far more than just a "game". IT'S ART. I'm still to learn and memorise just a few controls/tricks, something i really got stuck into last night (booklet by side, pause>command list.) and mastering the commands left me feeling the possibilities and styles i can play are endless. Especially with the way i can direct and control team mates with the off ball and dynamic one-two feature. A few things that really opened my eyes to how insanely good this game is -

- The new double touch feature. Flick right or left on the R-Stick then flick forward on L-Stick. I skinned one CB with this with RVP but the shot went wide. As soon as i "got it" I now look for it to push into space or snap past someone. It also gave me a good idea of how the skills work in this game. Previously i'd just use link feints but haven't even bothered or feel the need to now.

- Nutmeg/run around feature. Works a treat and looks slick when executed. By no means easy to pull off yet but it's there to use.

- The Flick is incredible. I decided to push Evra up and he nailed a sweet flick and turn around the defender (hold R3 down when recieving and push LeftStick in direction you want to exit) a simple pass to Rooney who first time shot for my most satisfying goal of the night.Sombrero is cool too although i didn't happen to successfully pull one off.

- General skills and pace burst from standing start. It all works with timing and concentration.

- knuckle shot/manual low shot. A good feature indeed and has given shooting the control it lacked the last 2 installments.

- Deft touch dribble, high lofted pass and manual passing when i choose. Just awesome.

The a.i on pro/top player is clever and not too over the top. The cpu plays good football and i was amazed with some of the things they pulled out. Mata ran a muck against me in a game where i lost 5-2 (my first i tried on top player). I got hammered but at 4-0 down i lost Giggs, straight red to a terrible tackle. I managed to win the second half 2-1 with 10men and didn't feel ripped i lost. I was actually playing good football and had some real brainfarts in defense with Johnny Evans. Chelsea played well in those moments they scored. Mata was clinical and the player i.d really stood out. I really don't know if i'll bother with FIFA stright away this year. I got everything i need already and thinking bout fifa is making me go EWWWW!!
I might have to learn all these controls as well, I've always had a basic simple passing game and never really complicated things. I think now is the time to actually learn the deep controls of the game.

Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 2:42am (PST)
aussie_tim: I've just seen your same post on the EA forums

Author:   RAUL94
Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 11:16am (PST)
quote Tomski
What's your EA name?

Author:   Cashis
Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 11:40am (PST)
I've incorporated skills and dribbling into my game, works a treat online. Nobody else does it, they're so boring and direct.

Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 1:21pm (PST)
quote RAUL94
quote Tomski
What's your EA name?
I can't remember now. I've only posted on those boards a few times. I was just browsing to see what people were saying in their PES discussion thread.

Author:   Parmar1993
Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 1:34pm (PST)
so... what were they saying about PES then?

Author:   Maxy-b- 2012
Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 4:15pm (PST)
quote aussie_tim
WHAT A GAME!!!!

All these new features sound pretty amazing but i haven't got round to learning many of them because KONAMI have just sorta shoved it all in your face and it's all quite overwhelming. However this is the 1st Pro game in a long time i find myself spending a good 5 mins or so before every ML game deciding my starting lineup and who to include on the bench who to leave out & my set piece takers etc. Now every player feels differentl unlike Pro 2012 and form and stats play a much more vital role. I love this game

Author:   Maxy-b-2012
Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 6:58pm (PST)
oggmeista, You and this guy should meet up for a coffee lol you both have alot in common. He says:

People won’t like me for repeating my complaints again but I think it’s disgusting that KONAMI took out the league modes but did not have the bottle to disclose it before the game was released! Do they take us buyers to be mugs?!

And as someone has already mentioned, how can not a single review not pick the league mode ommission? Was there some kind of an embargo? Surely, embargo is the wrong word to use more like cheating your customers. Were all the reviewers bought off by KONAMI? Strong words I know but in the past these same reviewers gave the PES series harsh reviews and yet this time round no one had it in them to say that the league modes have been taken out? There’s no mention about bootgate in any of the reviews either? Do the reviewers actually play the game? Did they not have the final code/retail version of the game to review? Did they not see which modes had been taken out?!

KONAMI went on a marketing blaze before the game’s release, and as soon as it was released they’ve gone back in their shells and won’t be heard!

Is Jon Murphy still on Twitter?

Well personally i can kinda see where he's coming from but playing ML is the exact same thing as League mode anyway but also with a ton more features added to it so whats the problem? I don't think KONAMI expected this much of an uproar over something so silly

Author:   JonesLFC
Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 8:27pm (PST)
Picked up a copy of pro evo earlier. Not played much as i went out, but the first game i had was brilliant. I was barca, went 2-0 down to Granada on pro difficulty. I put the passing assistance back on default and i made a quality comeback in the last 20mins to win 3-2!

Thought it was quite decent, but fifa arrives tomorrow, bad timing

Author:   aussie_tim
Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 9:57pm (PST)
quote parmar1993
quote aussie_tim
WHAT A GAME!!!!

I might have to learn all these controls as well, I've always had a basic simple passing game and never really complicated things. I think now is the time to actually learn the deep controls of the game.
That's the beauty of the game. passing the ball around and movement off the ball is still key and vital as in any game of football.. You still play nice and fluid football with the basics but knowing those extra commands and trickery will open the game up that much more. Beating defenders and turning into space you wouldn't find with the bare basics, with a plethora of tricks makes this game art. It is a touch complicated and i'm still learning myself, but hardwiring it into your hands and the way you play the game will give you the ultimate experience! Embrace everything you can in PES13, by far the best football game to date.

Author:   Cashis
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 12:28am (PST)
This might even surpass PES5/6 you know lads.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2015.
All Rights Reserved.