Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: First Impressions - page 4

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57516/t1761504-first-impressions/4.htm

Author:   High Road
Date:   Sep 21, 12 at 3:53am (PST)
Subject:   re: First Impressions
-------------------------------------------
quote Maxy-b- 2012
And guys probs hack into youtube to increase views of some vids
I'd doubt it. This song is huge.

Author:   Cashis
Date:   Sep 21, 12 at 3:57am (PST)
still not arrived yet

Author:   Tomski
Date:   Sep 21, 12 at 4:07am (PST)
Well I've played a few games now and I suck at it. I'm struggling to win games on Regular, but I'm having fun which is the main thing.

I sat out the previous two Pro Evos so there's a lot that's new to me. Overall I'm very impressed and it's a refreshing change to FIFA.

Only thing I'm struggling with at the moment; getting a header on target. When I manage to win a header it just loops over the bar. I'm assuming there's a timing factor that I need to practice in training mode.

Author:   Liverpool_96
Date:   Sep 21, 12 at 4:13am (PST)
The opening song is >>>>> My avatar looks strikingly like me as well. Think I'll start with a few games online.

Author:   Parmar1993
Date:   Sep 21, 12 at 4:14am (PST)
this isn't even funny anymore. is it too much to ask for the postman to come already!

Author:   Highbury Highs
Date:   Sep 21, 12 at 4:14am (PST)
quote Liverpool_96
quote Chappy_112
I know this will have been asked before but when do people start releasing OFs? I really want to start a ML but I want to wait until all the kits and transfers are right
I'm fairly sure Highbury Highs said that GTM (I think) releases quality ones fairly soon. I'll find the link when I get on my computer.
Yup, won't be out today but should be out at some point this weekend.

Once it's up, it will be here: http://www.onlyproevolutions.com/gtm

And for Xbox 360: http://www.onlyproevolutions.com/daymos

Author:   Liverpool_96
Date:   Sep 21, 12 at 4:28am (PST)
Just scored my first goal - for Liverpool, Raheem Sterling at the back post powers a header past Morgan De Sanctis of Napoli on top player. This is awesome!

Author:   Parmar1993
Date:   Sep 21, 12 at 4:49am (PST)
I GOT IT!

Author:   Maxy-b- 2012
Date:   Sep 21, 12 at 4:50am (PST)
Had a hella fun game at Old Trafford Ireland vs Scotland (me) Sometimes the lesser sides make more fun games than the top sides. Charlie rated higher than Darren Fletcher was a dodgy call by KONAMI and shoulf raise some eyebrows.

Also dis Spain vs France (me) Alou Diarra is a beast as a holding mid. Gotta snap him up on ML he sould be fairly cheap aswell coz hes 31

Author:   Maxy-b- 2012
Date:   Sep 21, 12 at 4:52am (PST)
Charlie Adam*

Author:   Cashis
Date:   Sep 21, 12 at 4:55am (PST)
quote Maxy-b- 2012
Had a hella fun game at Old Trafford Ireland vs Scotland (me) Sometimes the lesser sides make more fun games than the top sides. Charlie rated higher than Darren Fletcher was a dodgy call by KONAMI and shoulf raise some eyebrows.
No, it really shouldn't/ How many times do I have to explain that the rating system is flawed and the overall shouldn't be used to judge a player? We're not playing FIFA here, we're playing Pro Evo and we never had this system before and we got along just fine. The overall rating should be completely ignored.

Author:   Chelskiman
Date:   Sep 21, 12 at 5:01am (PST)
quote Cashis
The overall rating should be completely ignored.
This. At a stretch it can be used for a quick glance when searching for a player in ML, but even then you should be checking the player's stats and not just their OA before buying them. The only other time I had a use for OA ratings was to determine who started in which division for Draft League, lol.

Author:   Chappy_112
Date:   Sep 21, 12 at 5:25am (PST)
Online makes me want to stab myself in the eye with a fork. This kind of thing happens to me on both FIFA and PES all the time.

I play it around trying to work an opening, usually miss a good chance then they just hit me on the counter attack all game.

Author:   hxcpunkjj
Date:   Sep 21, 12 at 5:35am (PST)
quote Chappy_112
Online makes me want to stab myself in the eye with a fork. This kind of thing happens to me on both FIFA and PES all the time.

I play it around trying to work an opening, usually miss a good chance then they just hit me on the counter attack all game.
That sucks man haha! But i must say, I counter attack very well. Usually when i play against my brother, he'll dominate me all game, but i'll get one half chance and score. Practice your shooting, and you'll be come more lethal in front of goal!

Brings me on to a question, what playstyle do you guys deploy? and out of the people who have already got the game, which playstyle seems most effective? I usually just play quick, direct, attacking football and hit teams on the counter attack. I can play a posseson game, but i don't find it as effective.

Author:   Chappy_112
Date:   Sep 21, 12 at 5:42am (PST)
If I don't play possession Football I feel dirty.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.