Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: First Impressions - page 13

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57516/t1761504-first-impressions/13.htm

Author:   RJW87
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 5:42am (PST)
Subject:   re: First Impressions
-------------------------------------------
I can only comment on my events with the game. I wouldn't go as far to say the worst i found PES 6 to be awful, but it is definatly worse than 2012. The forward players read the game a lot better with through runs and switching the play.

The Be A Legend just dosen't feel acturate.I also pley on Top Player anmd have moved clubs twice, now playing for West Brom and still find the players would rather run the ball into the wings before losing it or play a ridiculas 40 pass back to the defence who then pas to the opposing team.

i have just realised all the teams are not up to date!!! how can this be when the season has been running for 2 months piror to release.

I just think that a few simple tweaks are needed to improve the overall playability, non more so than being able to rush the end of a match if you are subbed off, or if your not going to be put on in the first half dont make people sit through it.

Author:   Parmar1993
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 6:55am (PST)
quote RJW87
I can only comment on my events with the game. I wouldn't go as far to say the worst i found PES 6 to be awful, but it is definatly worse than 2012. The forward players read the game a lot better with through runs and switching the play.

The Be A Legend just dosen't feel acturate.I also pley on Top Player anmd have moved clubs twice, now playing for West Brom and still find the players would rather run the ball into the wings before losing it or play a ridiculas 40 pass back to the defence who then pas to the opposing team.

i have just realised all the teams are not up to date!!! how can this be when the season has been running for 2 months piror to release.

I just think that a few simple tweaks are needed to improve the overall playability, non more so than being able to rush the end of a match if you are subbed off, or if your not going to be put on in the first half dont make people sit through it.
I like BAL. as with teams in real life you have to gel into the team, you can't just leave because you arent getting service. all teams would be the same so stay longer than a season or so and reap the benefits.

as for the players, there is a data lock day for games and this was presumably during the transfer window. that's why teams aren't up to date.

Author:   oggmeista
Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 11:36am (PST)
You know BAL is an additional extra it's an added part of the game which was added to make it more amicable particularly to new players and it proved successful and it has stuck
Other parts of the game which have been ignored and omitted are NOT additional extras they were part of the games original options and features, this to me is unforgivable

Author:   Parmar1993
Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 12:15pm (PST)
quote oggmeista
You know BAL is an additional extra it's an added part of the game which was added to make it more amicable particularly to new players and it proved successful and it has stuck
Other parts of the game which have been ignored and omitted are NOT additional extras they were part of the games original options and features, this to me is unforgivable
such as...?

you've been really negative on here, maybe find some positives about the game as well.

thing is, BAL is very enjoyable, suits the gameplay well and I could genuinely play it until PES2014 comes out.

Author:   oggmeista
Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 4:23pm (PST)
quote Parmar1993
quote oggmeista
such as...?

you've been really negative on here, maybe find some positives about the game as well.

thing is, BAL is very enjoyable, suits the gameplay well and I could genuinely play it until PES2014 comes out.
Ok well while BAL might be quite good , I really don't think it, would be at all successfull as a standalone product as it is, though they might be able to make it marketable if they add more features options etc ..to it.
THe basic game however would still do very well commercially even without the BAL options.
The reason why i'm being negative about this years release is frankly because i am justified to do so

But positives

2nd controller side check has been altered so that 2nd human player can now use the AI teams, I had been complaining against this 2 because KONAMI originally had the game as it is in the 2013 game but for years players were unable to compete for the AI teams during a cup league or other competition thankfully they have finally realised this and thankfully rectified it.
the new games engine feels smoother more robust and more polished, though whether the AI has actually been improved to make it more realistic is questionable and as I have been reading opinions on this board are split Within these same mechanics though they have changed the lenency of referees which is to say the least harsh this year with the game giving Yellow cards for the slightest obstruction and even second reds...this imo is not an improvement, Goal keepers are definateley better now and do feel more realistic though this has taken away the ability to be able to score frong longer ranges on a regular basis, which to me was better because spectacular goals are always good to be able to score so long as their is a high level of ability in order to succeed
Ok not all positives but then again not every change in the games engines mechanics have in my opinion been positive though some cahnges are though very welcome.

Author:   Deakin69
Date:   Oct 07, 12 at 6:36am (PST)
Only really played the Champs League mode so far, got to quarters with Man City on Top Player then lost to Real Madrid. Just started another with Liverpool played 3 in the group and won them all. Had high scoring games with Liverpool think I won 5-2, 4-0, 3-1 - should get through the group easily....

Bellamy is still with Liverpool and he is pretty good, very quick out wide. Also the high crosses (R2 + circle) work well with Carroll up front. Scored some cracking goals...long shots are possibly a little too easy I must have saved a dozen replays already. But every goal is different and the gameplay is addictive. Maybe I will move to superstar when I start a ML, just waiting for a decent option file first to get everything updated. Not tried online or anything yet.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.