Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: First Impressions - page 10

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57516/t1761504-first-impressions/10.htm

Author:   Parmar1993
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 12:46am (PST)
Subject:   re: First Impressions
-------------------------------------------
quote Cashis
This might even surpass PES5/6 you know lads.
I have that feeling too. I never had PES6 but PES5 was always my favourite game. it was also that last game before this years where I leapt up and shouted when I scored. it feels really rewarding to score goals this year because the defence and goalkeepers are really good.

just played a ML game and it was 0-0 and I had 18 shots (11 on target) with 65% possession, loads of corners, etc. but I just could not break them. I was playing in the PES league and using a created team who are insanely good. but as frustrating as that game was, it was so enjoyable to play.

Author:   JonesLFC
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 6:34am (PST)
quote Cashis
I think it's improved massively but i still don't think it's anywhere near PES5/6 level. By that i mean the enjoyment i got out of it back then compared to now.

Easily the best one since though.

Author:   Cashis
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 6:37am (PST)
I'm enjoying it just as much cos it's my first time playing online ML.

Nostalgia always makes things seem better.

Author:   oggmeista
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 7:28am (PST)
quote Maxy-b-2012
oggmeista, You and this guy should meet up for a coffee lol you both have alot in common. He says:

People won’t like me for repeating my complaints again but I think it’s disgusting that KONAMI took out the league modes but did not have the bottle to disclose it before the game was released! Do they take us buyers to be mugs?!

And as someone has already mentioned, how can not a single review not pick the league mode ommission? Was there some kind of an embargo? Surely, embargo is the wrong word to use more like cheating your customers. Were all the reviewers bought off by KONAMI? Strong words I know but in the past these same reviewers gave the PES series harsh reviews and yet this time round no one had it in them to say that the league modes have been taken out? There’s no mention about bootgate in any of the reviews either? Do the reviewers actually play the game? Did they not have the final code/retail version of the game to review? Did they not see which modes had been taken out?!

KONAMI went on a marketing blaze before the game’s release, and as soon as it was released they’ve gone back in their shells and won’t be heard!

Is Jon Murphy still on Twitter?

Well personally i can kinda see where he's coming from but playing ML is the exact same thing as League mode anyway but also with a ton more features added to it so whats the problem? I don't think KONAMI expected this much of an uproar over something so silly
Well it is lucky for KonamiI bet the boys at EA think it is a right farce, lucky because most of you don't seem to be bothered by this at all, Because all the complaints are completely justified and what he has posted is basically the truth, the only mode with which I can have any mp fun is the UCL...and that is not enough, so i'm gonna bootleg the game, kn screw me i'll screw them simple as.....

Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 8:09am (PST)
it isn't a bad game and BAL and ML are quite enjoyable. give it a chance!

Author:   Saeglopur
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 8:18am (PST)
quote Cashis
I did wonder if it was just me...Quality quality game...I'd find it very hard to make an argument against it being the best PES yet...May keep this one on my HD forever just in case...

Author:   shieldz
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 9:39am (PST)
best pes ever, i knew they would get it right one day.

little niggle tho...anyone having problems with the keeper coming out for the ball, even though theres no need

Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 10:15am (PST)
quote shieldz
best pes ever, i knew they would get it right one day.

little niggle tho...anyone having problems with the keeper coming out for the ball, even though theres no need
keeper has been okay for me, my BAL keeper on my SOMS is an absolute nutter though. harmless ball came over and he rushed way out of the area on the left side and headed it over the left back, to Theeselvargen's winger who for some reason, didn't try to score.

Author:   Saeglopur
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 10:16am (PST)
A bit unrelated but I had a chance the other day where the ball came off the bar, and bounced off the keeper's head twice before he caught it, haha! Wouldn't expect him to do much more than that in a game though...Made me chuckle on the replay however...

Author:   Johnny Pizza Man 78
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 10:17am (PST)
Played the full game with meh mates now, played about 30 matches, won 29, and tied 1, but goddamn, this game is almost impossible to get bored with, amazing shit.

Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 10:20am (PST)
quote JohnnyPizzaMaN
Played the full game with meh mates now, played about 30 matches, won 29, and tied 1, but goddamn, this game is almost impossible to get bored with, amazing shit.
that was my reaction. trying to get my cousins back into it but they are all "PES just copies FIFA though." which is funny as that's what they used to say about FIFA on the ps2 days..

Author:   Johnny Pizza Man 78
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 10:25am (PST)
quote parmar1993
quote JohnnyPizzaMaN
that was my reaction. trying to get my cousins back into it but they are all "PES just copies FIFA though." which is funny as that's what they used to say about FIFA on the ps2 days..

None of my mates enjoy FIFA, Everyone I know prefers PES, so I don't have that problem.

Author:   EricF
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 3:00pm (PST)
Gotta admit, this game is absolutely fantastic. Despite some minor flaws like players not moving off the ball and keepers being overpowered from every cross and whatnot, it's absolutely brilliant.

Author:   Maxy-b-2012
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 3:48pm (PST)
We can safely say Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 is "THE" beautiful game!

Managed to drag myself off Master League for an hour to play some UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE exhibition matches on superstar difficulty. Had a 3-3 draw with Shakhktar Donetsk playing as Benfica and it was just absolutely amazing from start to finish. It actually felt like a live Champions League broadcast because now the gameplay is just as convinving as the presentation. The audio has improved aswell i don't care what anyone says, Now when you play your way out of a sticky situaiton with clever footwork and one touch play the crowd give you a brief round of applause just like in real life. Jim Beglin's analysis after a missed opportunity have definetly gotten more realistic too. I'm still kinda speechless at all of it, the little things like the replays, Players reactions after booked or missing shots, Teams coming together to celebrate goals, Substitution animation as one player replaces another etc. all blow Fifa out of the water! Just goes to show you how far KONAMI have come in the last few years really How anyone can say FIFA is better and more realistic than this absolute master class is beyond me

You can pick any 2 random teams and have bucketloads of fun whereas on FIFA without picking Barca, Madrid etc. I hear the game is very dull. And shieldz the goalie thing happens to me but only on superstar. Not on Top Player

Author:   aussie_tim
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 8:35pm (PST)
quote Maxy-b-2012
We can safely say Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 is "THE" beautiful game!
It actually felt like a live Champions League broadcast because now the gameplay is just as convinving as the presentation. The audio has improved aswell i don't care what anyone says, Now when you play your way out of a sticky situaiton with clever footwork and one touch play the crowd give you a brief round of applause just like in real life. Jim Beglin's analysis after a missed opportunity have definetly gotten more realistic too. I'm still kinda speechless at all of it, the little things like the replays, Players reactions after booked or missing shots, Teams coming together to celebrate goals, Substitution animation as one player replaces another etc. all blow Fifa out of the water! Just goes to show you how far KONAMI have come in the last few years really
I agree with everything you said there mate. Especially getting out of sticky situations like you mentioned. The crowd react so well to what's happening on the pitch, quiet and loud. Not like FIFA where it's the same background noise all the time. I've been waiting so long for a football game where crowd, commentary and gameplay link together. Last night i was making good manual off the ball runs with Danny Welbeck into space, and the commentary was superb, telling that he had created space. I like the way your players call for the ball with raised hands, and also when you try to make a tackle or apply pressure from behind, your player will put his hands up in the old i'm not fouling action. The wide camera angle is just perfect. The stands are nice and close and compact to the pitch which gives the game atmosphere and extra life.

To the guy who is upset there is no league in tournaments, you really have got to suck this up and either put effort into ML (which at the minimum isn't much), or draw your 19 other EPL teams out of a hat and rip through friendlies. It's your loss if you miss out on this beautiful gameplay

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.