Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: First Impressions - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57516/t1761504-first-impressions/

Author:   Jojubus
Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 5:07am (PST)
Subject:   First Impressions
-------------------------------------------
Got the game yesterday (in Holland) and after a few games my first impressions are:
- very good ai. Players in defence and attack anticipate much better to your play. You really feel that you play with 10 teammates
- so, as a result of the much better AI, passing is again (just like the old days of Pes) of great improtance. You really have to play smart football to get thorugh and score goals
- the speed feels a little slow. Of course you can adjust it, but I wait and see if I get used to it
- the shooting feels strange; the shots are very soft...like in slow motion. I think I have to get used to this. Something changed
- the new 'free passing' system (with the arrow) really is a big bonus. You can choose between old fashioned passing and with the arrow. The latter gives you complete freedom where and how to pass. It is a great mix between the normal pass and the 'triangle' through ball. Love it!
- As for how the game looks; nothings changed! Completely the same as last Pes. Which is okay, but I expected some improvement
- transfers not up to date at all. Wait for Konami
- Konami has a habit of taking out stuff that were there in previous pes-games. They added lots of stadiums...but why taking out the amsterdam arena??!!

That's it! Buy it and have fun!

Author:   Slatermill
Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 9:06am (PST)
Subject:   re: First Impressions
Good AI?

Did we play the same game?

This is the worst AI I ever seen in any game.
BL mode is impossible to play. the players cant pass the opposition defence, and as a result 90% of the game is played in the 2\3 of any teams side, then the a player try to attack in the opposition 1\3, lose the ball, the other team does the same etc in an endless loop.

Here are some numbers I calculated cuz of bordem (playing SS, getting the ball about 3-6 times a whole game. 10 mins play time. Proffesional mode) :
Total attacks of both teams - about 30 a game.
Total times ball is lost in the wings - about 25 a game.
Game scores after 6 games played (as an SS with Pascara) : 4 times 0-0. twice lost 1-0. both goals from corners.

You know how boring the game when you sit on the bench and watch the game played in X2.0 speed?
well now its worse. no situatuins near he goals. no shots. just losing the ball again and again and again. no metter if you play or not. even tried playing Midfield like I usualy do and the dunb AI players dont even try to run channels or into an empty space like they did in PES 2012. you just have to try alone or pass and see the player lose the ball.

Worst PES I remember.

Author:   Chappy_112
Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 9:22am (PST)
Well that's funny because I was coming on for 20 minutes at the end of the game, playing on Top Player and completing 12 passes. What were you doing for 90 minutes?

Also what team do you play for? I play for some crap team so I assume if the game is realistic then they will *bleep* up a lot.

Author:   shieldz
Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 2:21pm (PST)
Got the game this afternoon from my local gaming shop, cost me 40quid tho

ive have had about 10games now, the games feel longer than 10mins a half. no complaints tho, the passing is amazing, the manual pass/shoot has a nice feel about it, im loving this double tap x for tackling!, the shooting feels much more natural now if if u know what i im sayin, the ref has improved so much its actualy great to have a game without the ref stopping the flow with silly bookings, he plays good advantages and makes good decisions. all of the matches ive played had over 3goals in them, ive had a hat trick from dzeko and suarez.

anyone got any news on when the first DLC will be available?

bout to start my ML with man u.. traditional..... get shot of berbatov!

Author:   Liverpool_96
Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 3:17pm (PST)
quote shieldz

I think DLC is available on the proper release date on Friday.

Author:   Johnny Pizza Man 78
Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 3:22pm (PST)
quote Liverpool_96
quote shieldz

Really? I heard it's middle october.

Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 3:25pm (PST)
quote JohnnyPizzaMaN
quote Liverpool_96
quote shieldz

Heard things about "Day 1 DLC" which is the Spanish stadiums?

Author:   Johnny Pizza Man 78
Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 3:27pm (PST)
quote Liverpool_96
quote JohnnyPizzaMaN
quote Liverpool_96
quote shieldz

Heard things about "Day 1 DLC" which is the Spanish stadiums?

Oh that, I was talking about transfers update.

Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 3:28pm (PST)
Ah, I'll probably just download an OF to make do until an official update. Unless some option files are better than Konami's?

Author:   Tommy Vercetti
Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 4:07pm (PST)
How are the animations on this one? Even from the big improvement from PES 2010 to PES 11 and 12 they still look kind of robotic to me.

Author:   yougonnabeastar
Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 7:05pm (PST)
NO BAL MODE ONLINE?

Sorry to ask but there's no BAL MODE ONLINE in this years's PES?

I read some people complaining about it, Konami don't say a word about the subject and in the DLC's announced they don't talk about any update to BAL MODE.

Cheers

Author:   Chelskiman
Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 7:53pm (PST)
quote Liverpool_96
Unless some option files are better than Konami's?
Most OF's are. They will make all kits for unlicensed teams and usually the German and Championship teams are created.

Author:   Maxy-b-2012
Date:   Sep 20, 12 at 3:42am (PST)
quote Chelskiman
quote Liverpool_96
Most OF's are. They will make all kits for unlicensed teams and usually the German and Championship teams are created.
The only issue with this is after your 1st season of ML teams like Brighton & Hove, Nottingham Forest, Cardiff City get promoted to La Liga and Series A. It happened on my Juventus ML does nobody else find this immensly silly?

Author:   Chelskiman
Date:   Sep 20, 12 at 4:03am (PST)
quote Maxy-b-2012
quote Chelskiman
quote Liverpool_96
The only issue with this is after your 1st season of ML teams like Brighton & Hove, Nottingham Forest, Cardiff City get promoted to La Liga and Series A. It happened on my Juventus ML does nobody else find this immensly silly?
I usually only play in the EPL when doing an ML, so it didn't worry me. I only used normal leagues to play in La Liga, Serie A etc but it looks like I can't do that anymore either.

Author:   BradSK
Date:   Sep 20, 12 at 9:40am (PST)
Got the game been playing about 20 minutes basically been doing loads of admin bollocks. Seriously I don't give a *bleep* what my avatar background is.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.