Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: PES 2013: Become A Legend - page 17

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57516/t1740594-pes-2013-become-legend/17.htm

Author:   Bibster
Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 3:13pm (PST)
Subject:   re: PES 2013: Become A Legend
-------------------------------------------
Finished 1st season in PES League. Ended up on PES League Startin XI

Decided to move to a Europa League team for more experience. Athletic Bilbao have a very young and talented squad. We are second behind Barcelona and just finished a 4-0 rout of Barca. I have to say, having a form of 8 is very useful and it should be important if you are happening to create a new BaL. I rarely get blue arrows.

Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 3:16pm (PST)
Just a question for you guys, how many pass assistance bars do you all have?

I like to play with integrity and dignity and I have 3 bars. Is that ok? I use a keyboard so its difficult to have 360 degree passing.

Also, has anyone experienced weird transfers?

Xavi to Real Madrid
Ronaldo to Inter then to Chelsea

Author:   Andy Jay
Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 4:09pm (PST)
Oh man I'm gutted. Lost the Dutch cup final to PSV in extra-time. Was sickening tbqfh. They scored early in the game but from then on we dominated and I bagged the equaliser after half an hour. Then we hit the woodwork three times and had one chalked off for offside. Then late in ET they countered and scored a sweaty tap in. Bastards.

However, I was top scorer in the Cup and named MVP. Nice consolation prize. But then it got even better. Three days later we won the league away at Ajax, I was named in the Eredivisie team of the season, and Eridivisie player of the season. Top Bombing.

Scored some sexy goals along the way, again, when I figure that out, I'll post them.

Ovr is up to 75 now and I've just had the first game of the World Cup quals, 2-0 win over Montenegro. Scotland and Netherlands also in the group, no pressure

Will only leave Heerenveen for CL team with High game time, so I'll be there a while I reckon. lovin it.

Author:   Zombiex
Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 4:34pm (PST)
quote Bibster
Just a question for you guys, how many pass assistance bars do you all have?

I like to play with integrity and dignity and I have 3 bars. Is that ok? I use a keyboard so its difficult to have 360 degree passing.

Also, has anyone experienced weird transfers?

Xavi to Real Madrid
Ronaldo to Inter then to Chelsea
Always played with pass assistance off, but have it on 1 bar now I think.
I did experience a very weird transfer.. Messi went to Manchester United, but in the second half of that exact same season he went to Bayern Munchen! wtf:P

Author:   Chelskiman
Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 4:45pm (PST)
That's why I set the transfer frequency to low. I had it on normal for a while but I noticed a couple transfers. Xavi went to Man U and Ronaldo went to City. After that I set it to low so clubs only buy players if they really need to.

quote Bibster
I have to say, having a form of 8 is very useful and it should be important if you are happening to create a new BaL. I rarely get blue arrows.
Yeah, my form is 8 as well. Very handy. I also made sure I started with decent stamina, and now my stamina stat is up to 86. When I play I never get subbed off, though I am at FC Groningen where I'm by far the best player in the team at just 18 (almost 19 though).

Author:   dchiggins3
Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 6:20pm (PST)
Started my BAL career with a Centre Forward called "Jay Harrington"(Rated 62) made up a random name, and dreamed up a back story.
He was in the Everton FC academy but could not break the first team, he refused to go out on loan to lower leagues and left to play at top level in the siere A with Pescara.

Took about 5 games to break the first team and get a couple of starts, most memorable match so far was a second leg of the Italian cup Vs Inter Milan.
Harrington ran the show, scoring the goal which forced the game to extra time and penalties.
Unfortunately he ballooned the penalty and Pescara crashed out the cup.

So far a record of 18 games and 7 goals.
Pescara are 11th in the table after 15 league games.

Author:   itsame
Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 11:33pm (PST)
quote Chappy_112
I can't stop playing BAL
This!

Last session i had a golden run of form for some reason. I think it has something to do with my teamwork rating getting above 60, things are just really clicking. The highlight was 4 assists in one match which doesn't come around too often lol

The team has moved up to 3rd only 5 points off the leaders. I changed my passing assist from 4 down to 2 and have noticed how much better through balls work, hopefully one day ill be able to play on zero.

I need some help taking corners, i've probably taken a good 30 or so in my career for only 1 goal. Any tips?

Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 2:14am (PST)
quote itsame
quote Chappy_112
I can't stop playing BAL
I need some help taking corners, i've probably taken a good 30 or so in my career for only 1 goal. Any tips?
This is a tough one. Ive taken my fair share as corners are shared in my team. Your free-kick motion/style affects the trajectory of your kick. I noticed this as my corners were low trajectory so I changed to David Beckham's style (yes, its still in the game). Its now a more slow wind up and I can get really good trajectory and curves with it.

Also pressing R2 or RT will give a more lofted high trajectory. But yea, sometimes I just put it up there in the middle of the box or near-post. Rarely do I go for far-post.

Remember, you only control ONE player so you its up to your teammates to position themselves and get open. Until then, theres only so much you can do, because this is realistic, there is no short-cuts. Would be nice for PES to implement custom set-pieces, maybe something to think about for PES 2014?

Author:   itsame
Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 2:36am (PST)
Hmm thanks Bibster, ill give the RT a go.

I noticed the one time we scored i powered up the corner, and while doing so pushed the left stick up. It went into the box lower and faster but i haven't really been able to replicate it since. Every other one seems to just float into the area at a snails pace

Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 2:57am (PST)
Just scored on my league debut for Vitesse. I'd already made my debut for the club as I came on in the second half of the Champions League qualifier against Sporting. It was 1-0 when I came on and that's how it ended but I was still named man of the match as I was instrumental in the centre of middle, even though I can't even play there, lol.

After that game I was finally fully trained in LWF so I was given a start there in the opening day fixture against Heerenveen. We took the lead in about the 60th minute and then in the 80th I was basically in the right place at the right time as the keeper saved a powerful shot but I was there on the follow up to score an easy finish.

My old club FC Groningen are off to a good start too with a 2-0 win.

Author:   moominneo
Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 3:14am (PST)
Good start with PEC ZWOLLE, however the COM players don't seem to like passing to me and I'm getting played out of position.

By the way, how do you call for the ball?

Author:   Parmar1993
Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 3:19am (PST)
quote moominneo
Good start with PEC ZWOLLE, however the COM players don't seem to like passing to me and I'm getting played out of position.

By the way, how do you call for the ball?
they aren't passing cause you are new to the team and they don't 'trust' you yet. as you play better you'll gain their trust and get the ball a lot more often.

also you double tap R2 to call for the ball

Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 3:28am (PST)
quote itsame
Hmm thanks Bibster, ill give the RT a go.

I noticed the one time we scored i powered up the corner, and while doing so pushed the left stick up. It went into the box lower and faster but i haven't really been able to replicate it since. Every other one seems to just float into the area at a snails pace
I know for sure in free-kicks that holding up while charging will give more power while reducing curve. In the command list, there arent many controls for corners unlike previous PES versions, but I assume the old school controls still work because in previous PES versions, holding up while powering will give a low powered cross.

Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 3:32am (PST)
Just had another blinder. Second leg of the Champions League qualifier against Sporting and we were taking a 1-0 lead with us back home. Things didn't start well when Sporting drew level on aggregate when Matias F found the back of the net with a low drive from the edge of the area.

I scored the equaliser just before half time as Hofs' volley slammed into the crossbar and the deflection cam out to edge of the penalty area on the left hand side. I took a chance and just hit it and it flew into the back of the net.

Sporting were looking dangerous going forward, but we took the lead after I played a delightful through ball that found the run of Wilfried and the strong striker held off the defender before smashing home the winner.

Will most likely be doing a Champions League write up for my BAL once I find out what the groups are.

Author:   Chappy_112
Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 3:59am (PST)
Currently trying to bag myself a move to Santos, hopefully I can get it, win the league and then move back to Europe.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.