Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: PES 2013: Become A Legend - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57516/t1740594-pes-2013-become-legend/

Author:   Parmar1993
Date:   Jun 19, 12 at 4:39am (PST)
Subject:   PES 2013: Become A Legend
-------------------------------------------
haven't seen a BAL thread around here, so let this be the thread where you can discuss the game mode, improvements you want to make from past games and just about anything related to the mode.

here are a few things i'd like to see added to the game:

Author:   Chelskiman
Date:   Jun 20, 12 at 10:12pm (PST)
Subject:   re: PES 2013: Become A Legend
Choosing a preferred league is a good idea. Nothing worse than starting in the Dutch League as a 17 year old when you're Italian or something. Obviusly we would be put into the shitty teams in what ever league we choose, but it would make some games a little more realistic.

Something I'd like to see removed is the random training matches you play during the season. Wtf. As if you're going to play what are essentially friendlies in between a league game and an international game, lol. There's no real point to them as they don't count towards your stats or anything. I can see why they do it, to try and play you back into form, but I just find it too unrealistic. An idea would be to have a Reserves League. Not really sure how that would work though. Maybe having the made up teams as the Reserves League as there's no D2 in BAL. The only problem with that is people overwrite those teams to turn it into the German league (or other various leagues). It's just a thought, but it would be better than playing Celtic randomly in the middle of the season.

BAL certainly needs a revamp though. It's been fun so far, but right now it is starting to go stale, if it hasn't already. It just needs a few things thrown into the mix to make it less repetitive. I love the mode, but it just needs something. Anything...

Date:   Jun 21, 12 at 4:06am (PST)
ugh, those random training matches really annoy me. at the start of a season maybe have 2 or 3 training matches, and in the winter break, but apart from that they're pointless.

and I agree with you in that the mode needs a revamp and some changes need to be made. I do think there should be some training challenges that boost stats and give you skill cards over time would be beneficial.

like, if we did a dribbling challenge very well, we would get the speed merchant card quicker than if we did it normally and as a result our dribbling accuracy and speed improved. these would be completely voluntary or if the manager told you to do it.

or positional training. so there was a half game match, training against the second team, and you would have to stay in a certain 20m radius on the pitch throughout that training game, the effectiveness of the player in the position and how much I kept in the circle would mean that I gain that position much quicker than if I did it normally. and it'd boost the OA in the new position when I learn it.

Author:   Klimowicz
Date:   Jun 23, 12 at 7:01pm (PST)
International qualifiers during the season instead of pointless friendlies please. Nothing worse than finishing the season and having to play 6 International games in a row, it makes proper tournaments feel exactly the same. They have cup games throughout the regular season so I can't see how they can't do it with International qualifiers.

I've been playing My Player on NBA 2K12, and it's really in depth regarding managing your player. For starters, In My Player, you have interviews with three teams and your responses determine who signs you. You could have trials with teams in BAL, and it would be good if you could choose which team to trial with, bigger teams with harder requirements like getting a 7.5 in a trial game.

It would also be good if you could earn points to allocate to your player's attributes... pre or post match press conferences with multiple choice questions... fan, manager and team mate opinion going up or down depending on performances and PC responses... something to spend earnings on like special training, endorsements, public appearances etc. These make NBA 2K12's mode so much more involving.

I'd like to see more realistic contracts, transfer fees and injuries and their duration too.

No chance of anything like this for 2013 imo

Author:   Rillatoni
Date:   Jun 25, 12 at 10:02pm (PST)
Would be wonderful if they could throw in a D2 league for PES, and I agree with the return of the old preferred league set-up. I remember it from back in PES 2009.

Date:   Jun 26, 12 at 1:17am (PST)
or if we are given a choice of teams to go to. that's fine by me.

Author:   BeBop
Date:   Jun 26, 12 at 8:40am (PST)
I don't see the problem with training games. They happen anyway. Internation teams play friendlies through the year, so, again, I've no problem. They do improve your stats, they have for me anyway, even if it's just a little. .What I think should happen is Konami develop a seperate title, a spin off, that being Pro evo become a Legend. All the programming that would go in to other modes can be used to develop a more detailed BAL game.

Author:   Lone Warrior
Date:   Jun 26, 12 at 8:52am (PST)
quote Klimowicz
I've been playing My Player on NBA 2K12, and it's really in depth regarding managing your player.
Agreed, My Player really has a lot to teach to career modes of football games.

Date:   Jun 27, 12 at 9:09pm (PST)
quote Klimowicz
I've been playing My Player on NBA 2K12, and it's really in depth regarding managing your player. For starters, In My Player, you have interviews with three teams and your responses determine who signs you. You could have trials with teams in BAL, and it would be good if you could choose which team to trial with, bigger teams with harder requirements like getting a 7.5 in a trial game.
This sounds great. BAL needs something like this to really give it a fresh approach. There's so much promise for the mode but as it is right now it's really basic. In actual fact, it's not much different than just having a player in "fixed" mode in normal matches.

quote Rillatoni
Would be wonderful if they could throw in a D2 league for PES
It would be great, but you would need a D2 in every league. In PES 2012 I have the Championship set as my "D2" league, but that wouldn't really work in BAL as it would mean the Championship teams would be the D2 teams in, for example, Spain. I would love it if each league had their own D2, but at this stage I can't really see it happening.

Date:   Jun 28, 12 at 2:49pm (PST)
they should bring those blank leagues and players back. the ones where every player had 50 for a stat and a generic appearance. could be helpful for option file makers to create leagues.

Author:   CurryWasShott
Date:   Jul 14, 12 at 11:52pm (PST)
Although there is this thread i still call making the BAL thread for when the game comes out and we all can share stories and stuff like that. =)

Date:   Jul 15, 12 at 12:44am (PST)
quote CurryWasShott
Although there is this thread i still call making the BAL thread for when the game comes out and we all can share stories and stuff like that. =)
The thread acts as both; a speculation thread and a career thread. It's not a big deal at this stage.

Date:   Jul 15, 12 at 1:31am (PST)
yeah, I was wondering if this was going to be a speculation thread only or double up aa the actual thread for stories, etc.

I will be making a SOMS when I start though cause I get really into the first BAL of a new game and coincidentally that's when this forum is most busy!

also, am I the only one who knows exactly the player I'm creating? in terms of height, weight, position, etc. or do you guys know what player you'll be creating on the new game too.

Author:   CurryWasShott
Date:   Jul 15, 12 at 10:48am (PST)
quote Chelskiman
The thread acts as both; a speculation thread and a career thread. It's not a big deal at this stage.
I dont really care so this can be the thread. But last year we started it after the game came out so it was only talking about the actual gameplay and our stories. But again its all cool the stories will just start later.

quote parmar1993
also, am I the only one who knows exactly the player I'm creating? in terms of height, weight, position, etc. or do you guys know what player you'll be creating on the new game too.
Im from America and so im not really sure about all the height and weight xD. I usually choose low 180's for height and 70-ish weight(i figured that was fair). But probably ill go with ss or amf like always.

quote parmar1993
I will be making a SOMS when I start though cause I get really into the first BAL of a new game and coincidentally that's when this forum is most busy!
I think it's cause everyone is just so excited to play a new game and people don't overthink it. Usually i look up how to get good stats and good development and when that doesn't happen i get bored but the first BAL i didn't look anything up and just played. I think it was a better experience.

Date:   Jul 15, 12 at 11:22am (PST)
yeah I always love to do it blind and if I'm honest, I quite like playing as AMF and dictating play rather than having to drop from deep to play.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.