reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57516/t1738561-demo/51.htm

Author:   Chappy_112
Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 2:19am (PST)
Subject:   re: Demo
-------------------------------------------
quote Maxy-b- 2012
quote Chappy_112
I just can't get into this demo at all, it's not the same as the first one. It seems more like PES 2012 to me where players just seem to do what they want, often they will just stare at the ball or take ages to respond. Then my defenders just do weird things, I just don't feel in control of my team like I did on the first demo.

This is the kind of thing I'm talking about with the defenders going walkies.

I was controlling Marcelo, I messed up and Anderson managed to cut inside but there isn't really any danger until Pepe for some crazy reason decides he wants to run off at the exact moment Anderson clips the ball over the top.

It was as though the game just fancied scoring a goal so it made Pepe run out of position, this makes zero sense to me and there isn't really anything I could have done to prevent it happening apart from switching to Pepe myself and letting the computer close the ball down.
I was chatting about this demo being dodgy a page or 2 back and everyone tried shooting me down like a prized eagle in the sky. I'm glad someone else has finally noticed about this demo too
I agreed with you at the time if you look. People probably shoot you down because you come across as a little whiny cry baby.

Author:   Maxy-b- 2012
Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 3:26am (PST)
quote Chappy_112
I agreed with you at the time if you look. People probably shoot you down because you come across as a little whiny cry baby.
It's nothing to do with being a cry baby I simply tell the truth and people on here can not handle it. It was astonishing and shameful to see how so many peoples main priority is to perform a stupid knuckle shot and are completely obvlivious to the fact that KONAMI have cocked up another oh so promising game. Either that or the people here just don't care they about to shell out £30-40 for yet another unsatisfactory broken game because the inclusion of this so called "knuckle shot" seems to be all that is of any importance in this forum.

Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 3:41am (PST)
edit: I have been posting in these forums since Pro 2009 and never once have i seen such a high level of ignorance from the vast majority of posters.

It's almost as if KONAMI have *bleep*ed us over so many times it has become routine to blindly accept whatever garbage they shove in our face and be happy and contempt with it. Demo 1 was amazing on sooo many levels i still play that now because i deleted demo 2 after 4 matches. I hope and pray KONAMI see the error of their ways and go back to demo 1 for the final relsease

Author:   Saeglopur
Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 4:43am (PST)
No one's making you buy it Maxy...As I've already pointed out, most of the people here have been following the series for almost a decade, and have seen its ups and downs...This year is looking like the most promising game in years so naturally people are excited for that...No one's pretending it's perfect - there are always things that can be improved...The defender AI was something I noticed in the first demo too, so there's no point pretending something's suddenly gone wrong on the second one...And it's hardly naive to be trying out new features...That's what they're there for...Obviously the final game is what will be judged, people are entitled to try out what they can in the meantime...

Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 5:42am (PST)
quote Saeglopur
No one's making you buy it Maxy...As I've already pointed out, most of the people here have been following the series for almost a decade, and have seen its ups and downs...This year is looking like the most promising game in years so naturally people are excited for that...No one's pretending it's perfect - there are always things that can be improved...The defender AI was something I noticed in the first demo too, so there's no point pretending something's suddenly gone wrong on the second one...And it's hardly naive to be trying out new features...That's what they're there for...Obviously the final game is what will be judged, people are entitled to try out what they can in the meantime...
It's not just the defender Ai thats gone crazy though. If you read my posts from a few pages back you will see i infact pointed out quiet a few issues with demo 2 which everyone just ignorantly dismissed. There is no denying that the game has gone downhill from demo 1 to demo 2. And i understand people have followed the title for many years (So have i) and are aware of the ups and downs but my question is do people care? Because it just doesn't seem like many here do. I'm not causing trouble or anything I'm just speaking my mind

Author:   Chelseafan
Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 8:38am (PST)
In all honesty I actually prefer demo 2 to demo 1.

Author:   Madrid Man
Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 8:49am (PST)
Saeglopur: That you Bs?

Ordered both FIFA and PES. Probably going to prefer the gameplay of FIFA but will have more fun with PES. That's usually the tendancy anyway.

Sadly, my internet is pretty shit because of the weather so instead of waiting 100 hours to download the demo, going back to play PES 2010!!

Can someone tell me if Real Madrid are in the demo and if they are, what youth do they have?

Author:   High Road
Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 12:15pm (PST)
Scholes goal, manual shot, superstar

Author:   Cmm
Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 1:22pm (PST)
^
Sweet.

Author:   Chelskiman
Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 5:12pm (PST)
Class goal, High Road

quote Madrid Man
Can someone tell me if Real Madrid are in the demo and if they are, what youth do they have?
This is the entire Madrid team on the demo; OA ratings in their natural position (for example, Ronaldo's natural position is SS where he's rated 97 but as a LMF he's rated 99) are in brackets.

GK

Casillas (91)
Adan (75)

DF

Pepe (88)
Fabio Coentrao (85)
Sergio Ramos (85)
Marcelo (84)
Raul Albiol (82)
Carvalho (81)
Arbeloa (80)
Varane (71)

MF

Xabi Alonso (95)
Ozil (87)
Di Maria (86)
Nuri Sahin (84)
Kaka (84)
Lassana Diarra (83)
Callejon (81)
Khedria (78)
Granero (77)

FW

Ronaldo (97)
Benzema (83)
Higuain (82)
Joselu (62)
Morata (60)

Author:   Cashis
Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 5:50pm (PST)
only played a few games on demo 2 and i did notice that stupid defending a couple of times but it was rare and erm.. maybe they'll fix it, probs not lol

lol @ maxy crying over us discussing knuckle shots, whiny little shit.

Author:   Johnny Pizza Man 78
Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 6:21pm (PST)
I think the defending in this demo is worse than in the first..Suffering so much with some defensive fails, But still, the through balls are awesome in this.

Author:   Cashis
Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 6:27pm (PST)
maxy-b

ITS NOT FAIRRRRR

Author:   Madrid Man
Date:   Sep 04, 12 at 3:00am (PST)
Chelskiman: Not what I was hoping for. Only Morata there since Joselu moved. Guess I'll be creating a few more then. Thanks for the post. Very helpful.

Author:   Chelskiman
Date:   Sep 04, 12 at 3:03am (PST)
quote Madrid Man
Chelskiman: Not what I was hoping for. Only Morata there since Joselu moved. Guess I'll be creating a few more then. Thanks for the post. Very helpful.
Keep in mind that not all of the squads are updated in this demo. For example, Van Persie isn't in Man U. Most of the transfers should be done by the time the full game is released. Sometimes there's a couple of transfers missed, but it's usually only minimal.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.