Subject:   re: Demo
-------------------------------------------
^

maxy-b- please don't post in all caps.

Author:   shieldz
Date:   Jul 27, 12 at 5:43am (PST)
It is usually at end end of october konami release pes, its been like that for a couple of years now.

Author:   Saeglopur
Date:   Jul 27, 12 at 6:11am (PST)
Here's my first impressions from an evening of playing...

The Good

- The Shooting - A marked improvement on previous years. In my opening few games, I scored two beautiful curlers with Ronaldo and Rooney, a delightful chip with Neymar, and two free kicks with Ozil and Ronaldinho. I've particularly struggled to execute chips properly and score free kicks in recent years so this is a great throwback to PES5 and PES6. Very happy.

- The Tricks - A nice simpler change to the controls with some great new additions, particularly the nutmeg and run around options, although I can't figure out how to pull off the sombrero yet. Everything seems a lot smoother and generally more effective though, which is great.

- The Teammate AI - Much better, although I'd prefer them to make a few more forward runs on their own, although that might be a tactics issue that could be adjusted. Generally much better though. I had one particular instance where my keeper's save rebounded straight out to another attacker, and as he slotted it coolly towards the goal, I knew from experience I was going a goal down. But no, instead of watching the ball roll into the net as the PES AI of old would have done, my last defender ran towards the goal line of his own volition and heroically blasted a clearance off the crossbar.

- The Goalkeepers - I can't believe I'm saying this on a PES game, but it really looks like they've finally got them right. They're not infallible but neither are they impossible to beat. As is in keeping with the modern game, with ever more swerving balls, more balls are parried out or away than caught, but this allows the game to carry on flowing, rather than that 5 second wait for their keeper to get up, boot the ball 50 yards, and try and rebuild the attack again.

- The Gameplay - The movement, wow, it's just so fluid and smooth. You actually feel free, for possibly the first time ever, to move wherever you like. It feels realistic, an appropriately paced. The right balance seems to have been found between the pace of attackers and defenders too. You're not going to be able to sprint away from the best defenders, who will determinedly try to keep up and time a challenge before you get too far ahead, but equally you know there are players who you can beat and break away from. Incredibly promising for a first demo, and this really could be the year. I can see myself enjoying this game maybe more than ever.

The Bad

I've still had one instance of PES referee syndrome, although overall it's been very positive. I broke through the defence to latch onto a pass, getting my foot to the ball and knocking out of the keeper's reach just before he completely took me out, but the referee did not even stop the game and the ball was cleared, instead of giving what should have been a stonewall penalty.

Additionally, I've found the corners to be pretty useless so far. The off the ball controls seem a little more effective than taking it yourself, but I've still not had anything come from any of the corners I've won so far. It's been a good few years since I was able to score from them so this could be improved back to the PES6 feel of things.

Stewart Downing.

Conclusion

An incredibly good first demo. It's so gratifying to see the progress that they've made with the help of fan feedback, and that after years of tweaking a broken system, this time it really looks they've found the perfect balance in so many different departments. Only 6 years in the making you might say, but if they improve it even more before final release, this one will be a keeper!

Author:   Pro King
Date:   Jul 27, 12 at 6:11am (PST)
Shieldz

Pause the game and go to the player assistance screen, can't remember what heading it's under but it's above the camera settings one. Go into the top heading on that one and put Manual Shooting 'ON'.

Author:   maxy-b- 2012
Date:   Jul 27, 12 at 6:24am (PST)
quote Chelskiman
^

What you on about? I don't type in all caps. That was Football Fan 2012 not me

Author:   Chelskiman
Date:   Jul 27, 12 at 6:28am (PST)
quote maxy-b- 2012
quote Chelskiman
^

I can see your IP address. I know it was you as you often post with random guest accounts.

Author:   DjedwardSmith
Date:   Jul 27, 12 at 7:36am (PST)
Pwned

Author:   maxy-b- 2012
Date:   Jul 27, 12 at 7:42am (PST)
Oh well haha. How you see Ip address?

Author:   shieldz
Date:   Jul 27, 12 at 8:03am (PST)
quote Pro King
Shieldz

Pause the game and go to the player assistance screen, can't remember what heading it's under but it's above the camera settings one. Go into the top heading on that one and put Manual Shooting 'ON'.
Thanks very much

Author:   Highbury Highs
Date:   Jul 27, 12 at 8:09am (PST)
quote maxy-b- 2012
quote Chelskiman
^

Author:   Cashis
Date:   Jul 27, 12 at 8:54am (PST)
quote DjedwardSmith
Lofted through ball, easy chip over rushing keeper. It's like playing Fifa 09 again.
Very unfair comment if you're only playing on Regular. My missus could give the CPU a run for its money on Regular.

Why do I get the feeling you want to dislike this game mate?

Author:   CurryWasShott
Date:   Jul 27, 12 at 8:56am (PST)
quote Pro King
Shieldz

Manual shooting goes exactly where you want it to go it is VERY sensitive my first few shots were no where near goal. You dont have to go to settings and turn manual on. If its off just hold left trigger for xbox and shoot. An arrow pops up and shows you where you're aiming. Try it it's alot less frustrating when you know it's you who messed up and not the game. Trust me. You've been shooting wrong.

Author:   DjedwardSmith
Date:   Jul 27, 12 at 8:58am (PST)
quote Cashis
Very unfair comment if you're only playing on Regular. My missus could give the CPU a run for its money on Regular.
Hardly unfair, I've not used it to slate the entire game, merely pointed out something I noticed whilst playing.

Why do I get the feeling you want to dislike this game mate?
Because you're a fanboy desperate for more people to like the game?

Seriously though, it's quite the opposite, I'd love it if I actually had a football game worth playing this year. It's just that Fifa's gone too far away from what I want from a football game and PES just hasn't done enough this year (so far) to come towards what I want.

Author:   Cashis
Date:   Jul 27, 12 at 9:02am (PST)
Well try Top Player ;-). I am a fanboy, I'll always be a PES man but I do try to be reasonable as well. I don't think PES will ever offer you what you want for one reason or another. Looks like you'll be a free agent when it comes to this year's crop of footballing games haha

Author:   Cmm
Date:   Jul 27, 12 at 9:03am (PST)
quote Chelskiman
quote maxy-b- 2012
quote Chelskiman
^

I can see your IP address. I know it was you as you often post with random guest accounts.
Ha, pwnd

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.