Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Demo - page 17

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57516/t1738561-demo/17.htm

Author:   Cashis
Date:   Jul 25, 12 at 5:49pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Demo
-------------------------------------------
quote Lone Warrior
I just played my first couple of demo matches. Professional difficulty, Italy 0 - 0 Portugal and Santos 1 - 0 Internacional. Neymar scored my first PES13 goal, I'll remember that!

I'm happy with what I saw overall. Didn't make me want to break my computer, I'm not sure if that's due to a better match engine or an easier one. Or the fact I haven't played on Top Player yet. Either way, I was convinced. My finishing was a disappointment though, am I missing something when it comes to targeting the corners of the goal rather than sending it straight to the keeper? Anything to do with this manual shooting business?

I don't use the manual controls and I have no problems directing my shots into the corners of the net. Try holding the direction you want to shoot down for a longer period of time, it doesn't seem as sensitive in this edition.

I do need to learn how to do the manual stuff. There's gonna be some beautiful goals scored on this game.

Author:   Pro King
Date:   Jul 25, 12 at 5:56pm (PST)
Oh how I wish we could have ten minute matches instead of five.

Author:   Cashis
Date:   Jul 25, 12 at 6:42pm (PST)
Has there ever been a finer attacking quartet than Elano, Ganso, Neymar & Alan Kardec?

This is a bit of a screamer if I do say so myself:

Author:   Chelskiman
Date:   Jul 25, 12 at 11:14pm (PST)
Had about 5 games today, all on superstar, so I haven't actually had a win, but I've had plenty of draws, and one gut renching loss to Germany as I scored first and they ended up scoring the winner in stoppage time. Been fun though, and I'm also happy I figured out how to change to controls so I can now play with the d-pad!

Author:   Deakin69
Date:   Jul 26, 12 at 12:07am (PST)
Just thought I would give my first thoughts on the demo from UK psn store.

I thought a complete overhaul of the game was needed. However they have tweaked and improved every aspect of the game and this is the first time since the ps2 days where I have played the demo and been impressed. Every other year I have been immediately disappointed with the demos.

I played about 15 or so games last night, on regular then up to pro. The cpu gets through 1 vs 1 against me a few times, sometimes the keeper does well other times he is beaten easily. Once Hart was lobbed and he could have easily got back to save but he did the start stop thing and it trickled in. But overall everything is better from last year. Every year someone says "it's back" but this has not been the case for me....until this year based on the demo - its such a significant improvement.

Animations are much better on the whole, tackling is far better than last year. The manual shooting is aukward but normal shooting is improved from last year. I do seem to hit the woodwork more, I like this as long as its not too much.

Scored some great goals, a few good ones with C Ronaldo using the close control feature. As I have not played PES much over the last few years I am not totaly sure on all the controls. Such as, can you do finess or different types of shooting - other than standard square button and manual shot?

I still tend to run past attackers occasionally when defending - how do I jockey and keep my player in front to time the tackle. Sometimes I seem to run past by mistake. As I said it will take me some time before I am playing on top difficulty.

Overall....a massive improvement.

Author:   Severance
Date:   Jul 26, 12 at 12:40am (PST)
Really happy that there's a few names in this thread from the FIFA thread and they're all enjoying it. The game is brilliant, but I do have a couple of faults:
1 - Goal Kicks; Already I've scored a few goals marking the short pass and if you go for a big kick upfield the ball feels like it's more of a balloon. Sticking with goalkeepers, the throw out system is a lot better, but again I try and launch it across field and again it feels like the ball has turned into a balloon.
2 - Through balls; They seem to have no weight on them. The speed of the passing is brilliant, even if a few appear under-hit but the through balls seem pretty poor. Sort these 2 out and IMO it will be better than FIFA no matter what they do, PES had the graphical edge anyway and to dick it on gameplay as well, EA won't have a leg to stand on. Can imagine the game being a beast on 10 min matches, already I'm gasm-ing over the prospect of my ML.

Author:   liverpooljohn88
Date:   Jul 26, 12 at 2:40am (PST)
All 3 of them Ganso goals were quality Cashis

Author:   Whelan
Date:   Jul 26, 12 at 2:48am (PST)
Thought I'd give that superstar difficulty a pop this morning. Got completely done in 3-1 by England.
I feel so out of practice. D:

Author:   Chappy_112
Date:   Jul 26, 12 at 2:52am (PST)
Haha I'm the same and I played PES 2012 quite a lot, I can barely score on Professional. One of the things that I hate about these demo's (PES & FIFA) is the length, why can't we have a full game? All I end up doing is steaming around trying to get the ball back which I wouldn't normally do if it was a longer game.

severance - I feel you on the balloon issue, the keepers throw the ball way to high instead of a flat throw.

Date:   Jul 26, 12 at 3:00am (PST)
I also hate how we can't just have a quick rematch with the same squad. Hate having to redo my squad and shit and go back to the main menu. Obviously this is just a demo so it will be fixed, blah blah.

Author:   Ryan74
Date:   Jul 26, 12 at 3:28am (PST)

Author:   qwertyuiop
Date:   Jul 26, 12 at 3:34am (PST)
wot r dese managerial instructions on da dpad about? has no1 ad a playabout wid it?

Date:   Jul 26, 12 at 3:36am (PST)
Seriously, Hugo Viana has the best shots in the game, crossing it back from a corner to him is deadly!

The speed on that..

Author:   Chelskiman
Date:   Jul 26, 12 at 4:05am (PST)
Two of the better goals I've scored so far (sorry for poor video quality!), both on Superstar difficulty. They're clearly not in the same league as some of the goals you fellas have been posting though.

Author:   Whelan
Date:   Jul 26, 12 at 4:26am (PST)
You all score such awesome goals. :<<<

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.