Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Your Master League - page 6

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57516/t1737999-your-master-league/6.htm

Author:   Icky_Pilch
Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 9:36am (PST)
Subject:   re: Your Master League
-------------------------------------------
quote Maxy-b- 2013
I don't understand why people always play with the duds? It's pointless and makes no sense. I play with a mixture of average players and good players but not worldclass. Jermaine Defoe i reccomend if you want goals! 7 goals & 1 assist in 10 games on superstar. He moves quite majestically with the ball aswell but his passing is his flawl. The best £5.8m I've ever spent on ML. pure bargain!
Seriously? default ML is the ultimate challenge in PES! The game is much easier if you start even with average players because the team balance with the defaults is so poor. PES has always been fantasy for me with ML, I actually preferred it when the leagues were not as set as they are now and you could get promoted into some mixed euro league.

Author:   RAUL94
Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 10:19am (PST)
Forwarded to January and shit has hit the fan. Lying at 18th even after greatly improving the squad.

First Team
Consigli (83)
Piszczek (83) - Lucchini (78) - Toprak (80) - Olsson (77)
Cigarini (81) ------------
------------- Henriksen (72)
Schelotto (82) -------------------- E. Vargas (74)
Denis (80) - Gyan (79)

Notable Others
Capelli (73)
Peluso (81)
Wallyson (69)
Pukki (64)

Next window, I think I'll sell most of the subs and buy a few star players. Mostly need a centre back to partner Toprak and a new goalkeeper that can actually save 5mph shots...

Author:   Maxy-b- 2012
Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 10:24am (PST)
quote Icky_Pilch
quote Maxy-b- 2013
I don't understand why people always play with the duds? It's pointless and makes no sense. I play with a mixture of average players and good players but not worldclass. Jermaine Defoe i reccomend if you want goals! 7 goals & 1 assist in 10 games on superstar. He moves quite majestically with the ball aswell but his passing is his flawl. The best £5.8m I've ever spent on ML. pure bargain!
Seriously? default ML is the ultimate challenge in PES! The game is much easier if you start even with average players because the team balance with the defaults is so poor. PES has always been fantasy for me with ML, I actually preferred it when the leagues were not as set as they are now and you could get promoted into some mixed euro league.
But when you play with them piss poor duds does the game not stop being fun and become frustrating? more like a chore than something you enjoy doing? I understand the satisfaction is greater because you must work so hard to create every precious goal

Personally i like the balance of having some quality players but no world beaters playing along side some average players. A top 7 finish is usually my seasonal target and a good in the cup competitions is just a bonus

Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 11:17am (PST)
Why is it that every one of my players is slower than the oppositions? Even without the ball I feel like I have a big disadvantage

Author:   MUFCLEGEND
Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 12:52pm (PST)
Started a Master League as PSG only brought in Marcelo. Liking the game so far

Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 1:28pm (PST)
quote MUFCLEGEND
Started a Master League as PSG only brought in Marcelo. Liking the game so far
Just started as PSG as well!

Keep me up to date on how you're doing

Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 1:46pm (PST)
Resigned Peter Crouch to Liverpool as my 3rd choice striker for £4.3m. He's a sick target man, manual select him with the right stick at corners and freekicks and he's a proper ariel threat. Select him at goal kicks and every single time he wins possesion in the air for us to stage a quick attack. One thing thay bothers me is the lack of injuries if it's gonna be realistic we need more injuries

Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 1:52pm (PST)
quote Maxy-b- 2012
Resigned Peter Crouch to Liverpool as my 3rd choice striker for £4.3m. He's a sick target man, manual select him with the right stick at corners and freekicks and he's a proper ariel threat. Select him at goal kicks and every single time he wins possesion in the air for us to stage a quick attack. One thing thay bothers me is the lack of injuries if it's gonna be realistic we need more injuries
I usually get an injury every couple of weeks. There was one that lasted 24 weeks so I sold the player

Author:   Pmc44444
Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 2:24pm (PST)
Haven't touch the offline version of master league yet but I am really enjoying the master league online something about it this year i am liking. Want to build the best team possible!

Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 2:52pm (PST)
quote RAUL94
quote Maxy-b- 2012
I usually get an injury every couple of weeks. There was one that lasted 24 weeks so I sold the player
I'm in mid December now and only ever had 1 injury, just a minor knock to Glenn Johnson which had him sidelined for 1 week. I never knew you can sell injured players

Author:   Icky_Pilch
Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 4:53pm (PST)
quote Maxy-b- 2012
But when you play with them piss poor duds does the game not stop being fun and become frustrating? more like a chore than something you enjoy doing? I understand the satisfaction is greater because you must work so hard to create every precious goal

Personally i like the balance of having some quality players but no world beaters playing along side some average players. A top 7 finish is usually my seasonal target and a good in the cup competitions is just a bonus
Well you do have to have a fair bit of patience yeah, but it's just so much more satisfying when you grind out good results, and when you sign a stand out player you really feel it because they'll be that much better. You used to feel it anyway, I don't want to knock PES2013 this early but I don't think the difference is as big as it used to be in the ps2 days which is a shame.

Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 5:17pm (PST)
quote Maxy-b- 2012
quote RAUL94
quote Maxy-b- 2012
I'm in mid December now and only ever had 1 injury, just a minor knock to Glenn Johnson which had him sidelined for 1 week. I never knew you can sell injured players
Just started as PSG and had Motta out after a week. Yeah, I didn't think it would work but thankfully it did

Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 5:59pm (PST)
quote RAUL94
quote Maxy-b- 2012
quote RAUL94
quote Maxy-b- 2012
Just started as PSG and had Motta out after a week. Yeah, I didn't think it would work but thankfully it did
Do you have any british players in your PSG side?

Date:   Sep 24, 12 at 1:04am (PST)
quote Maxy-b- 2012
Do you have any british players in your PSG side?
No, but I do have a LOT of debt. Going to quit because I did take it a little far.

Might make an all British side with someone. Possibly Swansea. Although being Scottish, the majority of the squad will be Celtic, Motherwell and free agents

Date:   Sep 24, 12 at 2:59am (PST)
British players are a MUST. When you score a goal and see aload of british players together celebrating you will understand what i mean. Out with the foreigners in with the brits!

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.