Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Your Master League - page 20

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57516/t1737999-your-master-league/20.htm

Author:   Goonerdan
Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 1:22pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Your Master League
-------------------------------------------
I made it to the transfer window and made a few signings, 1 on a free and 4 from the youths. The pick of the youths being a 62 rated regen of Maccarone

I'm not struggling, but it'd be nice to have more than 2% chance of signing most players!

After 20 games I'm 7th in the premiership by a single point, and through to the semi of the FA Cup where I'll face Arsenal.

Author:   DaveyPoshboy
Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 2:19pm (PST)
Finished my first season as manager of Tottenham, with an accomplished fourth placed finish four points ahead of Arsenal after a decent string of wins towards the end of the season. Manchester City walked the league with only one loss (lol), Robert Lewandowski netted seventeen times in the league for us to take golden boot, Adebayor was close behind with 15.

In the FA Cup I was knocked out in the first round by Aston Villa, lost four-nil lol to Darren Bent alone ffs.

In the Champions League I was smashed 3-1 away by Juventus after a 1-0 loss at home to get knocked out, bit gutted to be honest as in the away game I outshone them by far.

This season has been very decent so far, sitting in fifth after ten games or so with only two losses, but the league is so tight again I'm just being pushed down on GD- one decent win and I'll be back up to second, this season Arsenal are walking the league with no losses as yet, Manchester City and Chelsea aren't far behind and I'm yet to face either of them; Lewandowski and Adebayor have five goals apiece, Bale, Dembele and Lennon aren't far behind with three or so each.

In the Champions League I was drawn alongside Barcelona (absolutely hammered 3-0 at home to them in group match one), but luckily Ajax and Motherwell will be my sides that I can beat; Motherwell were a walk in the park at 3-1.

Not really sure how to build on my team yet, and to be honest I'm pretty happy with how it's going, we're easily up there as the strongest in the league not including the perks I've been adding to some players.

Lloris (91)
Walker (90) - Kaboul (88) - Hummels (89) - Bertrand (81)
Lennon (95) - Sandro (87) - Dembele (88) - Bale (96)
Lewandowski (84) - Adebayor (84)

That's the first xi I'm working with, got the likes of Vertonghen (81), Reus (84), Zeiler (78), Vrsaljko (78) and Mueller (81) on the bench and around it.

One touch I do like this year is the player interaction, not as bad as last year but I had Sandro actually hand in a transfer request when SC Internacional came back in for him in the summer and I refused the offer. £44,000,000!!!!

Porto also tried to buy Muller for £43,000,000 LOL. Utter madness.
Think my biggest sales were Dawson for £20,000,000. Not bad at all for a declining centre half who was sixth choice lol.

Author:   Maxy-b- 2012
Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 4:40pm (PST)
With a name like DaveyPoshboy i assume your English? You selected Tottenham which is an English team who play in the Barclays Premier League which is an English league. Correct me if I'm wrong.

So where are all your English players? You have only 3? Very strange indeed

Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 4:50pm (PST)
Yeah, I also support them if we're gonna get techy

I choose to buy players purely on whether they have a generic pes face or an actual game-face, nationality is irrelevant it's the 21st centure bro. That immediately limits who I buy. Plus with English/Brits, the % is never high enough so I wouldn't be able to sign them even if I wanted to.

Sold Daws. Huddlestone, Livermore are there, Parker refused a contract as did Naughton. Plus foreign players just bring something else. Reus, Lewandowski, Hummels are among the best and most promising players in the game. Kaboul is a personal fave of mine, Bale is British and Ade is second best striker.

I always look to consider good, real-faces brits. But there are none of offer that appeal to me. Maybe Ciaran Clarke or Bannan from Villa as back up. Or Chamberlain from Arsenal. But that's about it for British and transfer targets. Also tried to sign Butland but he went Madrid lol.

Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 5:06pm (PST)
Jordan Henderson has a rating of 88 in my ML mark my words he would give both Sandro and Dembele a real run for their money and he's only 24 and has a preset face. How have you not stumbled accross him when using the advanced search? He's an absolutely ill player. if you look hard enough there a plenty of good English players with preset faces. And to be honest the OA rating means absolutely nothing at all in Pro (ask Cashis) so don't just bum off the foreigners because they have higher OA's. i urge you to compare stats properly

Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 10:56pm (PST)
Henderson is an ill player? I hope he gets well soon

Author:   kishore
Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 12:09am (PST)
Finally started my Npower league campain with Leeds United. Wanted to completely overhaul the team, but could not as no club is interested in my players and I cant terminate them either. Have got good defenders in the side, but the players higher up the pitch are all aged. Cant find a quality player to bring from my youth pool as well. So I started my campain hoping to stop renewing the contracts of several players after 1st season. Started the campain on a poor note by loosing/drawing first 5-6 games. Then picked up the tempo slowly and now by the end of November, sitting at the middle of the table. Cant see catching up the top teams nor drop more points and end up in relegation. So relatively happy that I could reshape the team by the end of next season and then get promoted to Premier league. Looking for a good/cheap AM/SS with a potential to grow.

Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 2:48am (PST)
quote Goonerdan
ill means good

Author:   Saeglopur
Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 4:09am (PST)
So I reached the end of my first season...Slumped in form towards the end so finished 6th (which apparently is 'completely unacceptable' - what the *bleep*?) on head to heads, 20 points behind the team that finished top and 15 behind the promotion places...The top 4 really stole away this season...I made it to the semis of the cup though, which I was pleased with...Released my 3rd choice goalkeeper, and replaced him with a much better one who becomes my new second choice, just so I've got backup, and also sold my right back, who made it into the teams of the tournament, and used the money to buy a new right winger...I have 7 pairs of boots now, and my team's starting to improve...

However, most startling of all was the madness that happened in the summer transfer window...

Messi -> Man Utd
C. Ronaldo -> Barcelona
Ronaldinho -> Chelsea
Xabi Alonso -> Chelsea
Buffon -> Man City
Dida -> Man Utd

...to name a few, haha! I've only got activity on 'normal' as well...

Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 4:12am (PST)
quote Maxy-b- 2012
Jordan Henderson has a rating of 88 in my ML mark my words he would give both Sandro and Dembele a real run for their money and he's only 24 and has a preset face.
Yeah but I also couldn't care less about Henderson, and why would I buy another central midfielder (british or not) when I have those two in my team from the start? There really aren't that many [brits] that are available to enter negotiations with which is the point you're missing. Nearly all the half decent British players (real-life or in the game) are at 1% chance of success, whereas the foreign players are at a higher level of interest, and are (more often than not), rated better stat-wise or have a better predicted development curve. I have "looked hard enough", I'm not just gonna buy a player because he's British, or overlook a good foreign player purely on the basis that a player who is British & has a game-face MUST be bought.

I'm just gonna ignore your last point as it's purely assumption and actually undermines the first point you make re: Henderson being that he has an 88 O.R.

Update

Just smashed Ajax 7-0 in the third Champions League group game. Was 3-0 up after twenty minutes, two very quick goals killed the game off after 5 lol. Lewandowski, Adebayor and Bale got 2, Dempsey netted the sixth. Think it was the easiest game I've played on pes they just didn't seem up for it at all. Can't imagine they were off form either as they're walking the Eredivisie, just a very good day at the office.

Also I've managed to get Lewandowski's shooting and the like up to 95 now. Means his top stats are around about Attack (89), Shooting (95), Explosive Power (90), Top Speed (88) and he has a card relating to finishing, maybe fox in the box. Quality player considering I bought him for a mere £10,000,000. Mind you, when his current contract expires I'm gonna fork out £7,000,000 as salary lol.

Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 5:33am (PST)
quote Maxy-b- 2012
quote Goonerdan
ill means good
Haha I know, I was being facetious

Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 5:56am (PST)
quote Saeglopur
However, most startling of all was the madness that happened in the summer transfer window...

Messi -> Man Utd
C. Ronaldo -> Barcelona
Ronaldinho -> Chelsea
Xabi Alonso -> Chelsea
Buffon -> Man City
Dida -> Man Utd

...to name a few, haha! I've only got activity on 'normal' as well...
My activity is set on high but nothing big ever happens unless it actually involves me buying or selling. I must have the blandest transfer market in ML history.

DaveyPoshboy fair enough.

Author:   Saeglopur
Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 5:58am (PST)
Wierdly, the Messi and Ronaldo transfers didn't actually show up in the Transfer Market News...I just happened to notice that they'd moved too...Must have been a busy few weeks...How much the transfers must have been for those two, I've no idea...Xabi Alonso, Buffon, and Ronaldinho's were all about £33-34m...

Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 6:05am (PST)
Yeah i always check the market news to get a brief round up of all the comings & goings, see who the big spenders are etc. after every transfer window (I've had 3 so far) and there always deals under £5m for players i've never even heard of.

Author:   Mace85
Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 7:47am (PST)
After playing around with a few different starting set ups, I have started a season with Malaga, but with all default players.

Of the former Malaga players, I managed to bring back Buonanotte, who is super quick and helps to score a lot on the break, and have agreed a deal for Isco for January (20 year old AMF/CMF, good dribbler, passer). I was looking at bringing back Rondon, but since i play 4-2-3-1, I can get away with the default strikers like Minandinho and Rustwyth with Buonanotte in behind as a second striker.

So far I am past the second round of "Spanish Cup" ties, beating Sevilla in the last tie (0-0 away, 1-0 at home). I scored after just a few minutes with a low cross converted after a counterattack, then held on for dear life for the rest of the game. Suffice to say, I will need to improve this team before next season.

My team is:

GK - Nomothaklis (yth)
RB - Paccini
LB - Macovshire
CB - Nouhei (yth)
CB - Tzarqamilov (yth)
DMF - Siegekude (yth) - listed as AMF, but plays better as DMF/CMF
CMF - Gellazca
RMF - Niellender (yth) - listed as AMF, plays better as RMF
LMF - Aartmen (yth)
SS - Buonanotte (signed, 420K contract)
CF - Minandinho

Have signed a couple of other youth in Mircollian (supposed to grow quick, can cover fullback, wing and central midfield) and Fighejlani (backup CB).

I sold Voldjek, Harty, El Mougahouet and Hudaleski, and released Iolechia, Zalastyn, Heauderbaix, Orelaine and Stramberg.

My better players have been Buonanotte (often major difference maker), Minandinho, Rustwyth, Niellender and my whole D is rock solid. Rustwyth has low stats, but is such a good finisher, and cheap to boot!

I am undefeated in the league, just one draw on the road, all the rest wins.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.