Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Your Master League - page 19

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57516/t1737999-your-master-league/19.htm

Author:   Parmar1993
Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 12:54pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Your Master League
-------------------------------------------
quote Lone Warrior
ROBERT ACQUAFRESCA <3
I see the love never dies..

Author:   Lyonnais
Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 3:26pm (PST)
quote Parmar1993
quote Lone Warrior
ROBERT ACQUAFRESCA <3
I see the love never dies..
Haha, if I didn't have him on my team in 2011 I would've got my ass relegated.

Author:   Saeglopur
Date:   Oct 07, 12 at 4:17am (PST)
Hooray, I appear to have fixed my crashing problems and was able to finally carry on with my Master League...A few losses on the bounce have hindered my progress slightly, so going into December, I'm 7th I think, 8 points off top, where 4 teams are equal on 31...Not sure I'll get promoted this season anyway...I've just got the original team, plus Nouhei (who's hardly ever fit enough to play, despite his high rating, Niellendner (who at just 17 is probably my best player - the guy's a beast and he's scored some screamers), and Wroughllen, who's my number one striker, and probably top scorer too, even when on poor form, he can still find the net...All of those 3 were added from the youth team at the start of the game, and I hired new coaches, fitness staff, etc, with the money left over...

So the league's going okay...I've had some good comeback wins, a few draws, and a couple of heavy defeats against sides better than mine, or who were just having a good day...In the cup, I've managed upsets against Sevilla and Levante, and in the last round, both Atletico and Real Madrid crashed out in huge upsets too...But unfortunately, even if I get past Hercules in the next round, I'd meet Barca in the round after, so no cup final for me, haha!

That's about it so far...Haven't been this into ML since the PS2 days, so having a lot of fun...

Author:   Adinio
Date:   Oct 07, 12 at 11:11am (PST)
quote Saeglopur
Hooray, I appear to have fixed my crashing problems and was able to finally carry on with my Master League...A few losses on the bounce have hindered my progress slightly, so going into December, I'm 7th I think, 8 points off top, where 4 teams are equal on 31...Not sure I'll get promoted this season anyway...I've just got the original team, plus Nouhei (who's hardly ever fit enough to play, despite his high rating, Niellendner (who at just 17 is probably my best player - the guy's a beast and he's scored some screamers), and Wroughllen, who's my number one striker, and probably top scorer too, even when on poor form, he can still find the net...All of those 3 were added from the youth team at the start of the game, and I hired new coaches, fitness staff, etc, with the money left over...

So the league's going okay...I've had some good comeback wins, a few draws, and a couple of heavy defeats against sides better than mine, or who were just having a good day...In the cup, I've managed upsets against Sevilla and Levante, and in the last round, both Atletico and Real Madrid crashed out in huge upsets too...But unfortunately, even if I get past Hercules in the next round, I'd meet Barca in the round after, so no cup final for me, haha!

That's about it so far...Haven't been this into ML since the PS2 days, so having a lot of fun...
Where is the Minandinho effect? 18 goals this season so far for me. I had Man U in the cup and lost 3-2 so I understand

Author:   Goonerdan
Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 1:44am (PST)
Hey all, just read through the thread.
I'm in my third season as PES united on Superstar, started with the default players.

First season was poor, finished about 8th in D2.
Second season I won the league

Third season and I'm in december. Currently 8th. My strikers are Okaka and Ranger, who have 8 goals each. Aiming for europa qualification.

Edit - Minandinho was a machine in D2 but hasn't been able to score once in the premiership

Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 3:21am (PST)
So, heading towards the end of the season, and I'm 5th in Division 2...The Top 4 have only about a point between them, but I'm about 6-7 points behind, and about 6-7 points ahead of the next team below me...So it looks like I'm set to finish 5th this year...I had the audacity to take on Barca in the Cup Semis, and got stuffed 7-0 at the Nou Camp, haha! That was the end of that really...I lost 3-0 at home too, after they fielded a much weaker side, so 10-0 on aggregate shows how far I've got to go I suppose...Just hoping for a strong end to the league campaign now...

Author:   Maxy-b- 2012
Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 7:42am (PST)
I'm absolutely desperate to offload Nuri Sahin, but still no takers Somebody just buy the damn guy already!

Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 7:54am (PST)
quote Maxy-b- 2012
I'm absolutely desperate to offload Nuri Sahin, but still no takers Somebody just buy the damn guy already!
keep him on the transfer list and play him. that way his value will increase and you're more likely to get offers for him

Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 7:57am (PST)
Are other teams more likely to buy your players this year? Over the last few I've found you hardly ever got offers, and you just upset players more by putting them on the transfer list, so I ended up releasing them and cutting my losses, but this year seems more thought out overall?

Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 8:08am (PST)
quote Saeglopur
Are other teams more likely to buy your players this year? Over the last few I've found you hardly ever got offers, and you just upset players more by putting them on the transfer list, so I ended up releasing them and cutting my losses, but this year seems more thought out overall?
i'm guessing that the more you play some players, the more teams would want them.

any time on PES2012 a player came up to me and said he'd want to leave, i'd always say no and after a while he'd be happy with me. what hurt most was Kempes who'd scored 35 goals in 32 games for me wanting to leave repeatedly and his form arrow was always blue or purple after that, i just sold him for £30m and got in a younger striker but just couldn't replicate Kempes' goalscoring abilities.

Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 8:17am (PST)
quote Parmar1993
wanting to leave repeatedly and his form arrow was always blue or purple after that
That annoyed the crap out of me...The whole player interaction and the chairman stuff completely ruined it for me last year...I stuck to Become A Legend thanks to that...So good to be playing Master League properly again now...

Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 8:19am (PST)
quote Saeglopur
quote Parmar1993
wanting to leave repeatedly and his form arrow was always blue or purple after that
That annoyed the crap out of me...The whole player interaction and the chairman stuff completely ruined it for me last year...I stuck to Become A Legend thanks to that...So good to be playing Master League properly again now...
that whole stuff annoyed me so much last year. but i am really into BAL this year and i can't see myself not playing it so i won't be playing ML for a long while

Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 8:45am (PST)
quote Parmar1993
quote Saeglopur
quote Parmar1993
that whole stuff annoyed me so much last year. but i am really into BAL this year and i can't see myself not playing it so i won't be playing ML for a long while
I want all that stuff back in. It added realism and depth to ML, to be able to interact with your players and allow them to express their thoughts and feelings to you how was this a bad thing?

The answering to the chairmans dodgy targets such as no bookings in a certain match or playing one of the younger and fairly inexperinced players every now and then was just that realistic stress every manager gets put under in real life and added to the realistic like or lump it factor that Mourinho discovered too well working under Abramavic

Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 8:49am (PST)
it was a good addition. at first. but then it got annoying after EVERY player wanted to leave when you rejected a bid or when they moaned every game for being out of position when you were either short on players there or you were training them to be in that position.

should've been improved on for this years game but it was taken out. presumably because it annoyed so many people.

Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 8:58am (PST)
Yeah i reckon instead of removing it completely they should of just toned it down abit and added alot more variety of things for players to say, think and respond to etc.

Can't believe that they left that gay little squad boosting speech before EVERY derby. The form book goes out the window we want it more! blah blah blah. If their gonna remove all the speach functions why does the worst one EVER still remain?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.