Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Your Master League - page 18

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57516/t1737999-your-master-league/18.htm

Author:   Maxy-b- 2012
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 5:33pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Your Master League
-------------------------------------------
I need a midfielder who will bag me double figures every season. I splashed out £27m for Kagawa on deadline day in the hope he will get me goals. If he turns into a flop who else is there who is relatively cheap and preferebly English?

Author:   Johnny Pizza Man 78
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 5:36pm (PST)
quote Maxy-b- 2012
I need a midfielder who will bag me double figures every season. I splashed out £27m for Kagawa on deadline day in the hope he will get me goals. If he turns into a flop who else is there who is relatively cheap and preferebly English?
Deco is old, But he's still got class.

Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 5:43pm (PST)
quote JohnnyPizzaMaN
quote Maxy-b- 2012
Deco is old, But he's still got class.
Deco just randomly appeared as a 17 year old in my Arsenal youth team on Pro 2012 haha i was well suprised. His stats were only a fraction of what they would be if he was in his prime though

Author:   kishore
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 7:48pm (PST)
quote RAUL94
quote kishore
I am having dufficulty winning games with Pes 2013. I usually play top player, but I dropped to professional and with 1 bar passing assistance. I usually play a freeflowing passing game, not like keeping the ball for ever and end the match up with 75% possession. I started a fresh masters league campain with southampton, but after 15 games, I am at 2nd from bottom. Only big win is 2-0 with some stupid team. I am not conceeding more than 2, but nerevr managed to score more than 2 as well. Most of the games I end up with 0 goals.. Suggessions??
Move to Top Player. I had the same problem, bumped it up and now I'm finally scoring winning games. It seems like more space opens up for you as the CPU closes you down. You just need to be patient and wait for the killer pass. Of course, I get the occassional f.. up and bore 0-0 but I suppose it's realistic. After a week, you'll find Pro too easy.
Thanks for the great advice. I bumped up the difficulty to Top player and now realising the beauty of the game. It feels and plays realistic. I have to admit, I felt bored by the game when I was playing with Pro difficulty. As soon as I moved to Top player, I dont feel like quiting the game for the day. I dont find words to describe the way the game feels. Its pretty realisitic. I lost 2 games in a row and a 0-0 draw but not even a single min, I felt bored and rather my desire to play started increasing more and more. I was wondering if I need to get FIFA this time, but now I am confident. I am not even thinking about it. This game is already at an amazing level, that FIFA can never even attempt to touch..

I am stil waiting for Npower league teams updated, so that I would start an indepth Masters league. I started a new campaign with Southampton again with top player difficulty.

The squad is full of shitty forwards and wingers whom I cant offload immediately as no one get any offers 1st season. I got a CB with overall 71 rating from my youth academy. I terminated contracts of couple of midfields of 62 rating at 18 years of age. Bought another unknown DMF of 77 overall at 22 yrs age for 2 Mill from transfer market. I am already bank rupt and somehow managed to send one of my 4 RBs(true 4 RBs in squad, but cant offload or terminate) on loan. Now my finances are pretty balanced with no savings what so ever. Won the 1st practise game 1-0.

My season kick started with Chelsea at Stamforde Bridge. Lost the game convincingly 3-0. All three goals at 1st half. I went to damage control mode in 2nd half and sweated it out to avoid embarrassment. I was amazed with the quality of play Chelsea displayed. Their passing was slick, build up was amazing and Torres, my lord.. He tamed me the whole game. Scored couple of his trademark goals and another one coming from Marco Martin. Little shocked to see him in starting line up at the 1st match of the season ahead of Hazard.

Second game was a home game with West Ham. I started off aggresively as I wanted 3 points from this game. In the process, lost Davis for a red card at 30 min mark for aggressive pressing. I didnt give up and tried hard to find spaces and make my players run/work hard. On top of that, the Hammers increased their tempo of the game as well. So went back to save my skin mode during the last 30 mins of the game and managed to scrape a point. Pretty disappoined on the result.

Third game was with West Brom at their home. I believed if I play well, I could manage my 1st win of the season, but the result was disappointing again. Had a few decent shots but nothing brought me a goal. I desparately need to ofload most of the unwanted shit to cut wages and bring in a quality striker. Lallana and Cork are the only decent players with potential. Need to work hard and try to avoid dropping more points till the next transfer window opens to get a decent striker to help Lambert up front.

This message was merged with other messages by High Road (moderator)

Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 2:01am (PST)
quote aussie_tim
quote Maxy-b- 2012
quote aussie_tim
Man Utd

Aug - Oct 3

Current Standings

EPL

Fulham 16pts W5 D1
Man City 15pts W5 L1
Chelsea 15pts W5 L1
QPR 15pts W5 L1
5.Man Utd 13pts W4 D1 L1 GF11 GA6
Swansea, Liverpool and Villa on 12pts

UCL
FC Porto 6pts W2
[b]2.Man Utd 3pts W1 L1
Valencia 3pts W1 L1
Olympiacos FC 0pts 2L

Fixtures

EPL#1 v Swansea (a) Lost 2-0

EPL#2 v Chelsea (a) Won 0-2

EPL#3 v Sunderland (h) Draw 1-1

UCL#1 v FC Porto (a) Lost 3-1

EPL#4 v Wigan (a) Won 2-4

EPL#5 v Norwich City (a) Won 1-2

UCL#2 v Valencia (h) Won 1-0

EPL#6 v Southampton (h) Won 2-0

Rooney - 4 goals
Kaka - 2 g 2 a
Valencia - 2 g
Carrick - 1 g 2 a
Kagawa - 1 g 1 a
Rafael - 1 g 1 a
Nani - 1 g
Young - 1g
Anderson - 0 g 3 a
RVP - 0g 1 a

Review - Season Highlights

Valencia double against Chelsea away.

Kaka Kontrol. Assist and goal in away game at Wigan. Scored the third goal at 2-2 to hit the lead and set up final goal. Repeats effort in 2-1 win away to Norwich, scoring the winner before half time.

Rooney goal v Valencia in 1-0 win at home in UCL. Recieves a ground pass from RVP on the left edge of the 18yd box. Clicks in R3 to flick the ball up and sombrero flicks it over his right shoulder. Turns the RCB inside out and after 2 close touches pulls out a dummy pass to cut in past the defenders left shoulder. Places the ball near post for my finest goal yet. RVP gets his only assist.

Carrick Volley v Southampton. I thought 3 passes ahead when i pushed Carrick on a manual forward run in the Centre of the park. His pass found Anderson as he quickly shifted the ball wide to Kagawa on the right flank. Kagawa held up play briefly who passed the ball back to Anderson who first time early crossed to an unmarked Carrick. He took the finish high and calm, feather tapping the ball past the keeper.

General tactics. I've set up 4 sweet tactics. The first 3 are counter, possession and standard - all 4- 5 -1 with CF to CAM. It's very good, after 20 mins or so seeing which players are in form, ill be able to move guys around on certain tactics. Kaka to LM and Kagawa to CAM. Interchande RVP and Rooney in switched rolls and Welbeck pushing to a LW and Rooney at ST and Kaka at CAM has worked well. It's awesome how interchangeable the squad is playing. My 4th tactic is all out attack with a 4-4-2 and my LM comes into the LCM position for pace in the centre of the park.
How much did Kaka cost you? For the price you payed you should expect assists in the double figures minimum and atleast a handful of goals
Man the asking price i think was 22 and a half mil?? I ended up getting him for a mill cheaper on a 2 year deal after some back and forth talks with RMadrid. I hit up 2 more games of my ML after i posted and he's got another goal for me . I've always been a huge Kaka fan and expect a real good return from him. I see himself, Kagawa and Anderson in a battle for most assists, and atm it's himself and Rooney leading goals. If RVP starts getting his act together for me i think Kaka could reach double figures on assists by end of November. He's hard to leave out of the team.
£21m is pretty steep considering his age but aslong as he's delivering the goods ya can't really moan haha. Do you use Fletcher at all? I like Fletcher

Author:   aussie_tim
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 2:27am (PST)
Maxy-b- 2012 - I didn't even plan on making a signing in my first season. It wasn't in my original plan. Was a quickish and late deal b4 the opening game. The funds were there and I thought why not he's given me great value in the past in PES10 and FIFA11 Career's.. I've given Fletch 2 or 3 starts and he will get a start in my next game v Stoke. He's always offered good value in the middle of the park and sometimes i'll push him out to a right mid or right back where he's always held his own. I'm really enjoying Carrick in Pro13 too.. He's class and always seems to have good time on the ball.

Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 4:45am (PST)
quote aussie_tim
Maxy-b- 2012 - I didn't even plan on making a signing in my first season. It wasn't in my original plan. Was a quickish and late deal b4 the opening game. The funds were there and I thought why not he's given me great value in the past in PES10 and FIFA11 Career's.. I've given Fletch 2 or 3 starts and he will get a start in my next game v Stoke. He's always offered good value in the middle of the park and sometimes i'll push him out to a right mid or right back where he's always held his own. I'm really enjoying Carrick in Pro13 too.. He's class and always seems to have good time on the ball.
It just goes to show you don't need worldclass midfielders with ratings in the late 80s early 90s on stupidly high wages to get the job done. Carrick and Fletcher are more than satisfactory for the job plus you got Scholes, Cleverly, Anderson, Kagawa and Giggs to add depth beyond belief to the midfield so signing Kaka was more a Luxary signing than a neccesesity. How much you paying him on wages? I'm a United fan so i know alot about the team

Good luck for your season, keep us all up to date

Good luck with your season

edit: double post at the end sorry

This message was merged with other messages by High Road (moderator)

Author:   RAUL94
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 8:38am (PST)
kishore

Glad I could help I had the exact problem and solution for FIFA 12. Saying that, FIFA is scripted so you're f'ed no matter what.

Sounds like my save with Atalanta. Bankrupt...1/2 star players...relegated

Stick with it though. I have a better team in D2 than I did the year before

Author:   Johnny Pizza Man 78
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 9:47am (PST)
quote RAUL94

That's why I told you to start with Atalanta, They are that awesome.

Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 12:22pm (PST)
quote JohnnyPizzaMaN
quote RAUL94

Schellotto (butchered his name, I know) actually got into the team of the year despite being a big streak of piss.

Denis scored a hat-trick in the first D2 game Shredding it up, one team at a time.

Author:   kishore
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 6:56pm (PST)
Atlast my team tasted victory and that too, a hard earned one against Wigan. But lost FA cup 1st round to Stroke. Later drew a league game against Fulham. Right now sitting at the bottom position. By the way I am playing, relegation seems to be on the cards. If I manage to stay in the league, I would celebrate it as a Title victory. But I am enjoying the challenge right now. I started finding spaces and atleast entering into score sheets every game now. Scored couple of screamers on the way. Need to improve a lot in defending as at the moment the wingers were beating my full backs almost all the time.

Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 7:08am (PST)
I've had some cracking games as Lyon. Trying to build a mostly French side. Bought Mounier for ~£2m and Diaby for ~£12m I think it was. Mounier has been pretty good tbh. Got an assist and goal on his debut in a 4-3 loss to Bordeaux. We were 2-0 up within 10 minutes as well. Thought it would be a rout but they scored twice in the last few minutes after I was 3-2 up. Shameful defending on my part. Diaby has the goal of the season so far with a belter from 30 yards, right into the top corner. Beau!

Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 12:15pm (PST)
Why on earth will nobody make an offer for Nuri Sahin? He's 24 and has an OA rating if 91! The top clubs should be biting my hand off for him but nobody seems interesting

Author:   Lyonnais
Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 12:28pm (PST)
quote JohnnyPizzaMaN
quote RAUL94

Lone Warrior would say they're awesome because of a certain forward. So, would I but that's not the point. I had Sverkos (Souchaux) to help me score everything.

Author:   Lone Warrior
Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 12:40pm (PST)
ROBERT ACQUAFRESCA <3

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.