Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Your Master League - page 15

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57516/t1737999-your-master-league/15.htm

Author:   Maxy-b- 2012
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 6:57am (PST)
Subject:   re: Your Master League
-------------------------------------------
Well my first season has finally drawn to a close, it consisted of many ups and downs, twists and turns, swings and roundabouts but thats what ML is all about, am i not right?

6th Position is where i finished which is roughly where i expected to. My heaviest victory of the season came on the final day where i hammered QPR 5-1 at Loftus Road. Downing got himself 2 assists and scored a beautiful freekick to deservedly win man of the match with Reus (twice) G.Johnson & Defoe also finding the net. Granero scored a late 88th min conselation goal for the Rangers but it was too little too late.

Here are a few stats for my players. goals (G), assists (A) apps (AP)

Suarez: (G) 12 (A) 3 (AP) 36
Defoe: (G) 11 (A) 1 (AP) 30
Downing: (G) 8 (A) 9 (AP) 36
Reus: (G) 7 (A) 2 (AP) 38
J.Henderson: (G) 5 (A) 3 (AP) 37
Gerrard: (G) 5 (A) 3 (AP) 43
Shelvey: (G) 4 (A) 0 (AP) 19
Joe Cole: (G) 3 (A) 5 (AP) 30
Sterling: (G) 3 (A) 4 (AP) 28
Crouch: (G) 3 (A) 3 (AP) 21 (Not good enough for a *bleep* striker!)
Nuri Sahin: (G) 3 (A) 1 (AP) 38
Joe Allen: (G) 2 (A) 4 (AP) 36
Enrique: (G) 1 (A) 4 (AP) 38
G.Johnson: (G) 1 (A) 3 (AP) 39
Lucas: (G) 1 (A) 0 (AP) 34

As you may have gathered instead of having one standout goal scorer my goals are all shared equally throughout the team. Or maybe i just need to buy a 20+ goals a season striker to blast me into the top 4 what dya all reckon?

Nuri Sahin & Lucas should both be making their fairwells as soon as the transfer window reopens and Witsel could be making an arrival pending some personal terms i have to iron out with him and his respective club. Whitehead is 100% confirmed to arrive at Anfield on a 3 year deal starting from June 1st 2013

Author:   RAUL94
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 7:54am (PST)
You're swapping Whitehead for Sahin and Lucas?

What about Gary Hooper to replace Crouch?

Author:   aussie_tim
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 9:06am (PST)
Man Utd

Aug - Oct 3

Current Standings

EPL

Fulham 16pts W5 D1
Man City 15pts W5 L1
Chelsea 15pts W5 L1
QPR 15pts W5 L1
5.Man Utd 13pts W4 D1 L1 GF11 GA6
Swansea, Liverpool and Villa on 12pts

UCL
FC Porto 6pts W2
[b]2.Man Utd 3pts W1 L1
Valencia 3pts W1 L1
Olympiacos FC 0pts 2L

Fixtures

EPL#1 v Swansea (a) Lost 2-0

EPL#2 v Chelsea (a) Won 0-2

EPL#3 v Sunderland (h) Draw 1-1

UCL#1 v FC Porto (a) Lost 3-1

EPL#4 v Wigan (a) Won 2-4

EPL#5 v Norwich City (a) Won 1-2

UCL#2 v Valencia (h) Won 1-0

EPL#6 v Southampton (h) Won 2-0

Rooney - 4 goals
Kaka - 2 g 2 a
Valencia - 2 g
Carrick - 1 g 2 a
Kagawa - 1 g 1 a
Rafael - 1 g 1 a
Nani - 1 g
Young - 1g
Anderson - 0 g 3 a
RVP - 0g 1 a

Review - Season Highlights

Valencia double against Chelsea away.

Kaka Kontrol. Assist and goal in away game at Wigan. Scored the third goal at 2-2 to hit the lead and set up final goal. Repeats effort in 2-1 win away to Norwich, scoring the winner before half time.

Rooney goal v Valencia in 1-0 win at home in UCL. Recieves a ground pass from RVP on the left edge of the 18yd box. Clicks in R3 to flick the ball up and sombrero flicks it over his right shoulder. Turns the RCB inside out and after 2 close touches pulls out a dummy pass to cut in past the defenders left shoulder. Places the ball near post for my finest goal yet. RVP gets his only assist.

Carrick Volley v Southampton. I thought 3 passes ahead when i pushed Carrick on a manual forward run in the Centre of the park. His pass found Anderson as he quickly shifted the ball wide to Kagawa on the right flank. Kagawa held up play briefly who passed the ball back to Anderson who first time early crossed to an unmarked Carrick. He took the finish high and calm, feather tapping the ball past the keeper.

General tactics. I've set up 4 sweet tactics. The first 3 are counter, possession and standard - all 4- 5 -1 with CF to CAM. It's very good, after 20 mins or so seeing which players are in form, ill be able to move guys around on certain tactics. Kaka to LM and Kagawa to CAM. Interchande RVP and Rooney in switched rolls and Welbeck pushing to a LW and Rooney at ST and Kaka at CAM has worked well. It's awesome how interchangeable the squad is playing. My 4th tactic is all out attack with a 4-4-2 and my LM comes into the LCM position for pace in the centre of the park.

Author:   shieldz
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 9:17am (PST)
quote Chelskiman
I think they're a great idea. We used to have them in the old forums, but they kind of died out. Would be good to see them make a return.
well said, i wondered why yous stopped that format?

Author:   Parmar1993
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 9:18am (PST)
quote shieldz
quote Chelskiman
I think they're a great idea. We used to have them in the old forums, but they kind of died out. Would be good to see them make a return.
well said
indeed, and now it's back!

Author:   shieldz
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 9:22am (PST)
yawldy

ive started a master league but only played a few games, like most you, ill jus wait til the update then batter into it!

Author:   RAUL94
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 9:30am (PST)
quote shieldz
yawldy

ive started a master league but only played a few games, like most you, ill jus wait til the update then batter into it!
Scottish?

Author:   Cashis
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 9:43am (PST)
quote RAUL94

whitehead for sahin and lucas?

maxy-b, explain yourself

Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 10:04am (PST)
quote Cashis
quote RAUL94

whitehead for sahin and lucas?

maxy-b, explain yourself
no no no lol, if you look back a few pages at my older post you will see i signed Whitehead merely to add more depth to my squad, he's just a fringe player at best to step in incase of injury or fatigue since he isn't an international he won't be completely drained after national games etc. & he can play reliably in quite a few positions.

I'm tryna offload Sahin because he's worth so much money as a 91 OA at age 24 but i simply don't need him. He does nothing for me that Allen and Henderson can't already do, i've spent a whole season experimentng with positions tryna utilize Sahin to his most potential but just can't He does not warrant his rating, wages or price tag. See my season stats post at the top of this page to confirm and you will see Sahin is a flop. Lucas I'm selling in the hope of landing Witsel as a replacement

One thing to learn about me is that i take my ML very very very seriously

Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 10:37am (PST)
Just landed Jo.De Guzman from Swansea for £3.5m since they got relegated it's alot easier to swoop in & snatch their best players for a small fraction of their value. He's 26 now and looks the real deal. I might be the greatest mastermind to ever embrace the Pro the Evo transfer system

Author:   Adinio
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 10:49am (PST)
3 players I recommend:

Minandinho - 14 goals. Beast with a thunderous shot.

Gellazca - (CMF) Goes up very quickly: already 70OVR.

Gilinca - Solid and good attacking.

I haven't played for a couple of days due to lack of time. Wow I need to get my act together
Jo. De Guzman is a Netherlands international in my game

Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 12:19pm (PST)
I've just mentioned Jo De Guzman in my post above yours. He is a 79 Overall but ignore that number and when you play as him you will soon find out why he is a Netherlands international. An absolute steal for £3.5m i feel like i robbed Swansea at point blank range but winners win & losers lose haha

Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 12:26pm (PST)
infact i think he's an 81. It's Kagawa who is a 79, i signed him for £27.6m on deadline day and he scored the winner in the derby against Everton in his debut which was also the opening day of the season The fans will never forget that moment haha who needs Nuri Sahin?? I still have him in my squad rotting in reserves since nobody has shown an interest in buying him

Don't we all just love ML? It takes your life away but it's worth it

Author:   Chay
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 1:11pm (PST)
Just about to start a ML with Juventus any recommended players? will most probably stick to the default 3-5-2 formation

Author:   Parmar1993
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 1:19pm (PST)
quote Maxy-b- 2012
infact i think he's an 81. It's Kagawa who is a 79, i signed him for £27.6m on deadline day and he scored the winner in the derby against Everton in his debut which was also the opening day of the season The fans will never forget that moment haha who needs Nuri Sahin?? I still have him in my squad rotting in reserves since nobody has shown an interest in buying him

Don't we all just love ML? It takes your life away but it's worth it
maxy. did you want to put all these guys of yours into the recommended player list to make it easier to show their qualities?

also, High Road is there a chance of stickying the Recommended list so it is more visible and doesn't fade into the forgotten thread abyss

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.