Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Your Master League - page 12

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57516/t1737999-your-master-league/12.htm

Author:   RAUL94
Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 2:43pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Your Master League
-------------------------------------------
quote Parmar1993
RAUL94 it'd be funny as *bleep* though
You two actually gave me an idea. You'll like it. And that's one swear that isn't filtered. That's shit.

(answer my question in the editing thread so I can get on with this)

Author:   Saeglopur
Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 3:38am (PST)
quote shieldz
quote Saeglopur
I think I fixed the crashing problem...Going to get this started this afternoon...Bring on the good times!
howd you fix the crashing problem then? the game works fine until u try to edit championship team starting 11
I thought I had...I realised that doing ANYTHING in Edit Mode caused the game to crash in ML...So I reinstalled the patch, losing my created players and started that way...I got about 5 games in, scoring some crackers and a major upset along the way, and then it crashed again and I can't get any further...I might have to just play without one if I can't solve it...Annoying though...I was doing so well...

Author:   shieldz
Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 8:29am (PST)
quote Saeglopur
quote shieldz
quote Saeglopur
I think I fixed the crashing problem...Going to get this started this afternoon...Bring on the good times!
howd you fix the crashing problem then? the game works fine until u try to edit championship team starting 11
I thought I had...I realised that doing ANYTHING in Edit Mode caused the game to crash in ML...So I reinstalled the patch, losing my created players and started that way...I got about 5 games in, scoring some crackers and a major upset along the way, and then it crashed again and I can't get any further...I might have to just play without one if I can't solve it...Annoying though...I was doing so well...
will the next DLC correct the problem by any chance?

Author:   Saeglopur
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 3:49am (PST)
Well I'm confused now because I thought it was the patch...But maybe it's the game...I don't know...I'm going to keep trying to fix it though, because I really want to get into my ML this year...Just playing those first 5-6 games was so damn good...Already got my favourite players in the team and what not...Not sure what's causing it though...

Author:   MGovier6
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 6:07am (PST)
You guys should check out my Southampton ML on my youtube channel and tell me what you think www.youtube.com/mgovier6

Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 6:42am (PST)
quote MGovier6
You guys should check out my Southampton ML on my youtube channel and tell me what you think www.youtube.com/mgovier6
I was watching that last night It's good to find someone who actually talks while they're playing. The Midnite Kid is the only other person I know that does it for PES. Keep up the good work

Author:   Maxy-b- 2012
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 7:37am (PST)
Raul94 watch thetruebrits master league series on youtube he has a Newcastle one & also a Real Madrid one. He talks over it too.

Here is my current team I dare anyone to post their team as littered with as much British talent as i have:

..........................Reina.........................
G.Johnson..Carragher..Skrtel..Enrique
.........................Witsel.........................
.............Gerrard.......J.Henderson...........
Joe Cole.............................Downing.....
...........................Defoe.......................

subs: Agger, Kelly, Allen, Reus, Sterling, Suarez, Crouch.

A few decent reserves: Shelvey, Robinson, Wisdom, D.Wilson, Borini, Nouhi

7 of the starting 11 are british, and 4 of the 7 subs are british. I also have bucket loads of british players in reserves. Nobody can step to me when it comes to british depth in their squad. I dare someone to try!

I also just signed Whitehead (He's british) from Stoke for £1.8m just to add more depth to the squad (You can never have too many fringe players)

Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 7:42am (PST)
i also forgot to mention that i offloaded both Nuri Sahin and Lucas so my rainy day funds are looking nice

Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 7:44am (PST)
You only have one Scotsman. I am disappoint.

Author:   Mace85
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 7:54am (PST)
Is anyone else starting with the defaults?
I find it really frustrating to start, since all I can sign is youth, and the other players I have a high chance to sign are old and crappy.

Do I just have to ride out this season with these guys, then improve my team?

This message was edited on 2012-10-02T08:38:38-07:00.

Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 8:32am (PST)
quote RAUL94
You only have one Scotsman. I am disappoint.
Not just a disapointment, you are also a disgrace

Author:   Mace85
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 9:24am (PST)
I started with Motherwell, but with all the default players. I didn't want to pick a stacked team and let a tonne of high quality free agents loose, that I would have no crack at.

I line up my team like this:

GK Nomatokhalis
RB Paccini
LB Macovshire (pushes up)
CB Nouehi
CB Harty
DMF Volieman
CMF Gellazca
RMF Niellender (play advanced and slightly towards centre)
AMF Castolis (play slightly towards left)
CF Wroughlenn (deeper)
CF Minandinho

I only signed a couple of youths, since I was trying to sign other players, but I think I might restart and just sign a lot of youths and transfer list a bunch of guys.

Since I can't sign anyone worthwhile, I threw down a cool 1 million on a new coach, to try to develop the young players as quick as I can.

Author:   DaveyPoshboy
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 4:03pm (PST)
My Spurs save has been so inconsistent. Sitting in 7th position atm but within about 3pts of second/third - my record is 9 wins 0 draws and 6 losses lol.

Can't seem to manage more than a 1-0 or 2-1 result either so I'm just about breaking even re: [GD] as I've lost a couple games 3-0/2-0.

In a bid to sure up my defence I've snapped up Mats Hummels and will no doubt put in a bid for ol' Marcel Schmelzer. Hummels was available for £17mil and Schmelzer will be bought for about £7-8, I've also managed to bring in Hoarau from PSG on loan for a little over £2mil. I was tempted to sign him permanently (decent shot acc/target man stats, is listed and 89% interested), but I figured if I have him for a year on loan which if last year is anything to go buy will keep him until next season it means I can bring in someone younger and with more potential in the summer whilst Defoe inevitably declines and while I wait for Lewandowski to reach his potential of being my leading man (8 goals in 18 apps in all comps, but not good enough up top on his own yet).

Kaboul and Lloris have literally been rocks all season, been underwhelmed by Bale and Walker tbh especially the latter defensively and it is tempting to just sign Marco Reus and re-train him (though he might already be able to play SB?).

Dembele, Dempsey and Ade are prettty decent, Mousa is literally a player I have to have in CM even if he's not up for it purely because he just runs the show - I changed his default position to cater to real life and my preferred 4-2-3-1 formation (like AVB of course).

Game wise I'm pretty content, need to start killing teams off more because atm I'm wasting chance after chance, so many games could have been won about 4/5-0 but I've settled for a 1-0 and possession play.

Alas, that is my miniature update.

Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 5:24am (PST)
quote DaveyPoshboy
My Spurs save has been so inconsistent. Sitting in 7th position atm but within about 3pts of second/third - my record is 9 wins 0 draws and 6 losses lol.

Can't seem to manage more than a 1-0 or 2-1 result either so I'm just about breaking even re: [GD] as I've lost a couple games 3-0/2-0.

In a bid to sure up my defence I've snapped up Mats Hummels and will no doubt put in a bid for ol' Marcel Schmelzer. Hummels was available for £17mil and Schmelzer will be bought for about £7-8, I've also managed to bring in Hoarau from PSG on loan for a little over £2mil. I was tempted to sign him permanently (decent shot acc/target man stats, is listed and 89% interested), but I figured if I have him for a year on loan which if last year is anything to go buy will keep him until next season it means I can bring in someone younger and with more potential in the summer whilst Defoe inevitably declines and while I wait for Lewandowski to reach his potential of being my leading man (8 goals in 18 apps in all comps, but not good enough up top on his own yet).

Kaboul and Lloris have literally been rocks all season, been underwhelmed by Bale and Walker tbh especially the latter defensively and it is tempting to just sign Marco Reus and re-train him (though he might already be able to play SB?).

Dembele, Dempsey and Ade are prettty decent, Mousa is literally a player I have to have in CM even if he's not up for it purely because he just runs the show - I changed his default position to cater to real life and my preferred 4-2-3-1 formation (like AVB of course).

Game wise I'm pretty content, need to start killing teams off more because atm I'm wasting chance after chance, so many games could have been won about 4/5-0 but I've settled for a 1-0 and possession play.

Alas, that is my miniature update.
I bought Reus for £14m. He can't play SB but he can play RMF, LMF, AMF, SS or CF. Very versatile player. You should definetly put a bid in for him because he's very quick and he dribbles just like Ronaldo he must have one of them player id things.

I'm sat in 6th which is kinda similar to your position but I'm 10 points behind Chelsea who are in 5th with 8 games to go so securing Europa League football for next season is now my only priority although i have an FA cup Quater final tie with Fulham coming soon. I'm looking foward to that
t

Author:   DaveyPoshboy
Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 5:30am (PST)
Well, I brought in Muller from Bayern in the January window as well as Hummels and Hoarau so I don't think I'll be going for Reus anytime soon- I really want to try and limit my spending and save money for longevity and that. Does Reus have a special set of boots? Is there a list of players that do? I know Schurrle did and he's a good buy anyway but I can't seem to find or see anyone that has any.

I'm now sat in third position, floating around CL/Europa qualification. I managed to qualify from my group in the CL after beating Gharnetova 1-0 in the last game (we were level going into the final game), Real Madrid came out top and Anderlecht bottom. Could come up against the likes of Porto, Valencia or AC Milan in the first knockout, not really a weak team in there.

In the league I've just been schooled 5-2 by Chelsea, never had such an awful game in my pes playing days! Hopefully though with naff games against Southampton and the like coming up I can just get a run together now. Tempted to go into training and just try and master manual shooting cus it's much better than the default one which always ends up having a shot blocked lol -.-

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.