Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Free Gold Classics DLC Pack Now Available! - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57504/t1798134-free-gold-classics-dlc-pack-available/

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Nov 27, 12 at 9:48am (PST)
Subject:   Free Gold Classics DLC Pack Now Available!
-------------------------------------------
Nintendo fans worldwide have amassed a mountain of more than 300 billion gold coins in New Super Mario Bros. 2 for the Nintendo 3DS system, and the tally continues to climb. To reward players for hitting this massive milestone, Nintendo is offering a free pack of Coin Rush courses that game owners can download wirelessly within the game at no extra charge.

The free Gold Classics Pack was inspired by games like Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Bros. 3, and includes three new courses that can be played in Coin Rush mode. Players can test their skills, then share and challenge other players’ records through the StreetPass feature. The Gold Classics Pack is now available and will be free for a limited time to New Super Mario Bros. 2 owners. Starting Feb. 1, 2013, the pack will be available to purchase for $2.50 in the United States. A variety of other downloadable Coin Rush course packs are available for purchase through the New Super Mario Bros. 2 game.
Source

Kind of nice to see another DLC pack for the game. It makes me hopeful that Nintendo may continue to release some more DLC packs considering people are still playing the games.

I gave this a download and played it for a bit already and I have to say, I'm really enjoying it. It's real easy but fun. I wish they had included a Super Mario World but these levels are just as good.

Author:   canderson
Date:   Nov 27, 12 at 9:57am (PST)
Subject:   re: Free Gold Classics DLC Pack Now Available!
Virtue. It's best to remain hopeful as I said.
Thrawn, get in here too.

Designing the stages from the Classic games are pretty clever.
I don't have the game, but for those who do, I hope these stages are at least a step up from previous DLC.

Author:   Thrawn
Date:   Nov 27, 12 at 9:59am (PST)
I'll be downloading it right after I'm finished on my Wii U. I hope it's worth the hype.

Date:   Nov 27, 12 at 10:18am (PST)
The levels are fun. It's nice to see there that if you're playing the first level of SMB, it actually does turn into the second level of SMB when you go down a certain pipe. Same with the Castle level, it changes into another level if you go through a pipe.

Date:   Nov 27, 12 at 1:33pm (PST)
Damn shop said it was undergoing work so I couldn't download it.

Date:   Nov 27, 12 at 1:43pm (PST)
Really? I got to mine early before that happened then.

Date:   Nov 27, 12 at 3:36pm (PST)
After watching videos of the entire pack, I wonder if they intended on this possibly being the final DLC, going by the final stage.

Date:   Nov 27, 12 at 5:27pm (PST)
I think if they had enough people demanding for more, they would possibly give it to us.

I understand they would want to focus more on the NSMBU DLC but it would be nice to give us NSMB2 fans more.

Date:   Nov 27, 12 at 5:53pm (PST)
I thought it was really well done. The second level was my favorite, the depth is pretty impressive.

The Gold Mushroom Pack is still my favorite pack overall but this one is cool.

Date:   Nov 27, 12 at 6:47pm (PST)
Gotenks and Thrawn, did you find the secret passage on the 2nd stage? At the end, right where the flagpole is at, use the Golden Fire Flower to hit the blocks and you'll see a hole you can head inside of, which rains endless coins until you hit the secret flagpole(that's in the hole).

Date:   Nov 27, 12 at 6:49pm (PST)
quote canderson
Gotenks and Thrawn, did you find the secret passage on the 2nd stage? At the end, right where the flagpole is at, use the Golden Fire Flower to hit the blocks and you'll see a hole you can head inside of, which rains endless coins until you hit the secret flagpole(that's in the hole).
I sw it but I never wen't down. Thanks for telling me though I'll get it later.

Author:   Virtue
Date:   Nov 27, 12 at 7:29pm (PST)
Looks like they didn't forget about us after all huh?

I'll download this in a few. From what I hear from you guys it sounds like something a bit more different than previous DLC levels. The incredibly easy difficult is no surprise, but it's always nice to see another addition.

Date:   Nov 27, 12 at 7:35pm (PST)
quote canderson
Yeah, I went down it on my second playthrough of the pack. I knew something looked fishy with that hole so I made sure to go down it. I was happy with what I got.

Author:   John234MKWii
Date:   Nov 27, 12 at 11:00pm (PST)
Oh, so they didn't leave NSMB2 floating all alone. Good that Nintendo didn't forget it.

Author:   Kokoro
Date:   Nov 28, 12 at 1:39am (PST)
Nice to see some free DLC. I'll be downloading these soon, then play them some.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.