Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: New Super Mario Bros. 2 Themed 3DS XL Shown For Japan - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57504/t1770035-new-super-mario-bros-2-themed-3ds-xl-shown-for-japan/

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 5:14am (PST)
Subject:   New Super Mario Bros. 2 Themed 3DS XL Shown For Japan
-------------------------------------------

It releases November 15th in Japan.

What do you guys think? Would you buy it if it was released elsewhere?

Author:   Virtue
Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 11:37am (PST)
Subject:   re: New Super Mario Bros. 2 Themed 3DS XL Shown For Japan
It looks nice, but I wouldn't be compelled enough to substitute my red 3DS for it. I'd have to see a really nice color/design to buy into the upgrade, no matter how much of an improvement it may be.

Author:   John234MKWii
Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 3:33pm (PST)
That looks pretty good for the newbies who are about to get NSMB2, but for the guys like me who already have the game, I'd say leave it alone. My trusty old blue 3DS is just OK for me, thank you very much.

Author:   Charlie
Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 10:55pm (PST)
I knew something like this would come out eventually.

I don't have a 3DS yet and any XL 3DS would be good for me to get, but tbh I want the XL blue 3DS because that blue > Aqua Blue. This would be a nice 3DS to get, but if it's not out here by Christmas I like the blue XL 3DS all the way. Plus blue is my favorite color anyways, red is probably my third favorite color.

Anyways, that 3DS looks pretty nice. For people with 3DS systems and NSMB2 already this is kind of eh, but some people will waste money to upgrade to an XL 3DS, especially if the color is better....and the battery life and screen size is better, etc.

Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 11:54pm (PST)
I got the normal blue 3DS because my mum didn't want me to waste too much money.

Author:   Kokoro
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 2:03am (PST)
It looks pretty nice. I would have only gotten it if I didn't already have a 3DS at the time though (that is, if it's not much more expensive than the regular 3DS) and I obvious do have one now.

Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 4:31am (PST)
Yeah, if you're a hardcore gamer wanting the newer consoles, this is perfect. But, for me, I'd say ignore since we've obviously got 3DS's anyways.

Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 7:38pm (PST)
It just doesn't make much sense considering the game has been out for quite a while anyone. It's nice looking, but worthless for nearly everyone who already has a regular 3DS (considering it's a safe bet they have this game to go along with it.)

I wish 3DS sales were better throughout the rest of the world aside from Japan. Perhaps that would entice them to release them here.

Author:   Fluidity
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 8:06pm (PST)
I like it best out of the three they announced. I've been waiting for a new XL color and if it was available here I'd probably get it. The lines make it look sooo sharp.

quote Virtue
I wish 3DS sales were better throughout the rest of the world aside from Japan. Perhaps that would entice them to release them here.
Probably not. They just like to spoil Japan and laugh at us when we whine.

Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 8:30pm (PST)
As NSMB2 themed it is, most people who haven't got the game and are planning to get it, buying it with that 3DS XL seems like a pretty good idea.

I agree with Fluidity. About time a Nintendo console or a handheld Nintendo console was launched outside of Japan. Maybe Japanese gamers take requests from Nintendo.

Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 4:44am (PST)
Pikachu themed 3DS XL is being released in Europe. They are slowly releasing them outside of Japan. They most likely release them in Japan first so they can see what kind of sales they do.

Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 4:50am (PST)
That's what I mean by Nintendo should release their new game consoles elsewhere because who knows how much money they could earn? For example, maybe about 3 million on the first day.

Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 5:04am (PST)
If I'm doing my math right, they would only need to sell around 17,000 3DSes to make $3 million which is pretty easy as they sell at least 40,000-50,000 3DSes almost weekly in Japan. if they release it in Japan, they sell more there than anywhere else which makes sense why Japan gets it first. Don't forget that the main Nintendo Headquarters is in Japan.

Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 3:14pm (PST)
Yeah, I guess Nintendo franchise is made by Japanese, for Japanese to have a glimpse of first. Nintendo also has an Australian headquarters but I guess it makes sense why Japan is the gaming country: because the headquarters is located there and the consoles would sell very well there.

Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 8:55pm (PST)
I read an interesting article a while back about the conservative nature of Nintendo of Japan. It was an anonymous review written by employees of the American sect. It seems like they don't really...care about things like special edition systems and other perks we see constantly in Japan. It's them first, than other nations miles behind. I can see why though, obviously they have (and always will) strong support over there. It's just unfair for the rest of us.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.