Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Afterthoughts & Lasting Opinions - page 5

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57504/t1754930-afterthoughts-lasting-opinions/5.htm

Author:   John234MKWii
Date:   Sep 16, 12 at 10:52pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Afterthoughts & Lasting Opinions
-------------------------------------------
Really? Should try him out after I collect more coins. Yoshi and the Toad Bros. would make good as DLC characters. I really don't want Yellow Toad saying "Cluck, Cluck" ever again. The way the chicken sound was said after he got a continue in NSMBW was super annoying.

Author:   Kokoro
Date:   Sep 17, 12 at 1:37am (PST)
quote Virtue
Boo was the best player in general. His pitching ability is vicious, practically untouchable.

But! To veer back on topic. Has anyone check this article out yet? Just goes to show you that the possibly of other characters hasn't been that far off.
I just checked out that article. Seeing Peach as a playable character and having someone else other than Bowser as the villain would be nice for a change.

Date:   Sep 17, 12 at 1:49am (PST)
Peach, Yoshi, Toad, the list goes on. It would be nice if Bowser wasn't the main villain this time round. Why not throw in someone like Kamek in his place. He doesn't appear all that often.

Author:   Virtue
Date:   Sep 17, 12 at 7:38pm (PST)
It would have made way more sense to throw in another character in there just to change it up a bit. Does anyone actually like playing as a Mii? I realize Nintendo's trying to sell the concept but they really aren't that great.

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Sep 17, 12 at 7:41pm (PST)
Kids may enjoy it but I'm not someone who does. I think I have only used the Miis like two or three times in all of the games that it has been an option. Give us an actual Mario character to play as.

Date:   Sep 17, 12 at 10:43pm (PST)
Well, of course I'd like to play as Miis. Just change their voices a little bit and they'll be better.

Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 1:15am (PST)
quote Gotenks
Kids may enjoy it but I'm not someone who does. I think I have only used the Miis like two or three times in all of the games that it has been an option. Give us an actual Mario character to play as.
Yeah, same here. I want to play as a Mario character, not a Mii.

Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 1:22am (PST)
Yeah, that's not the norm of the Mario series. Seriously, adding a character out of the blue? Though I would like to try them out. Still, I'm disappointed that Nintendo didn't add more new characters. But, I guess that's life.

Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 10:30am (PST)
quote Gotenks
The only time I have used a Mii is in Wii Sports, and that's only because it was required to play the game. They really aren't that fascinating. Incorporating them into every game doesn't really compel me to like them more.

Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 2:13pm (PST)
quote Virtue
quote Gotenks
The only time I have used a Mii is in Wii Sports, and that's only because it was required to play the game. They really aren't that fascinating. Incorporating them into every game doesn't really compel me to like them more.

And in Wii Sports Resort. Seriously, I prefer Miis to be away from main Mario series games, but they were OK in games like MKWii, Mario Super Sluggers, those type of games.

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 4:27pm (PST)
Forgot about Wii Sports. But yeah, I use to play a lot of Wii Sports so I guess I have used the Mii more than a few times. They work for a game like that but in a series like Mario? No thanks.

Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 10:35pm (PST)
quote Gotenks
Forgot about Wii Sports. But yeah, I use to play a lot of Wii Sports so I guess I have used the Mii more than a few times. They work for a game like that but in a series like Mario? No thanks.
Totally this. Why would something not so popular appear in a game that is expected to get loads of replay value? Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, MKWii, those games are alright, but in NSMBU? Nintendo, you are all but going too far.

Date:   Sep 20, 12 at 1:41am (PST)
I only used a Mii like a couple times in Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart 7 and that's it. They should focus on actual Mario characters, rather than Miis.

Date:   Sep 20, 12 at 1:54am (PST)
quote Kokoro
I only used a Mii like a couple times in Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart 7 and that's it. They should focus on actual Mario characters, rather than Miis.
Same here. Nintendo should've added characters important to the Mario series, not characters that have appeared in games that weren't really that popular.

Date:   Sep 20, 12 at 6:43pm (PST)
quote John234MKWii
quote Gotenks
Totally this. Why would something not so popular appear in a game that is expected to get loads of replay value? Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, MKWii, those games are alright, but in NSMBU? Nintendo, you are all but going too far.
That's probably the most frustrating aspects of this. Granted it wouldn't add tons of hours of game play, but the game would definitely more lasting appeal if they added just one, at the most two other characters. IT's essentially a modern remake, so why not?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.