Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Afterthoughts & Lasting Opinions - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57504/t1754930-afterthoughts-lasting-opinions/2.htm

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Aug 24, 12 at 6:02am (PST)
Subject:   re: Afterthoughts & Lasting Opinions
-------------------------------------------
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Tales of the Abyss(I know it's a port), Heroes of Ruin, Kingdom Hearts: DDD all say hi for great games Virtue. Not to mention there has been some great 3DSware titles like Pushmo.

Author:   Virtue
Date:   Aug 24, 12 at 6:12am (PST)
I dunno Gotenks. KI: Uprising I found to be more frustrating than anything. (Not saying it's bad, I just couldn't get the hang of the controls) Never been a big Kingdom Hearts fan, and the other game I haven't really looked into at all. Perhaps I should open up my mind more, but I'm so far removed from buying games anymore. If I know I really like the title beforehand, I'll buy it. That hasn't been often lately.

Author:   Thrawn
Date:   Aug 24, 12 at 6:16am (PST)
To easy. I just fully completed the game yesterday and thing's were a little to easy for my taste. I must admit that collecting 1,000,000 coins is going to be something to do after years of playing the game but other than that it's pretty easy with you'r 1,000 lives.

It's still a great game though, the graphics rock and the game-play is supreme, along with the levels.

Date:   Aug 24, 12 at 6:25am (PST)
Virtue

The controls in Icarus were a bit annoying at times and made me rage a little too. But I dunno, I'm the type of person who enjoys that as I feel it's another challenge to the game and makes the game better imo. It had a great story and the gameplay was really awesome. Online also wasn't that bad either. Heroes of Ruin does have a demo on the eShop so you could always try it out on there. I'm not sure if you're into games like what Heroes of Ruin is but the demo may help you and see if you like it or not. That's the beauty of demos.

Date:   Aug 24, 12 at 6:41am (PST)
I'm left handed, so the most ideal control scheme was still quite annoying to follow at times. (Personally, I think they could have assigned a different control for launching a charged attack. Having it launch as soon as you ran was..strange) It wasn't even the land battles that got to me, it was the flying areas. I have a habit of staying stationary during games. With Kid Icarus, you cannot stop moving unless you won't to lose about 1/3 of your health. It's something I never grasped now matter how low the intensity was.

I'll have to look into that one more. I've seen it at stores, but never really thought about picking it up and looking.

Date:   Aug 24, 12 at 7:06am (PST)
That might explain things a bit better. I'm right handed but good with my left. Just works for me well. It would of been nice if they had added a control option in the menu or something to help people play with more comfortable controls. I always felt so awesome during the flying levels. Just being able to dodge stuff and look so good doing it.

Author:   John234MKWii
Date:   Aug 24, 12 at 2:33pm (PST)
I'm right handed as well, but very weak with my left. That's why I can't play games without my right hand.

Author:   CarRamrod
Date:   Aug 24, 12 at 8:41pm (PST)
I'm through world 4 right now and it's a fun game, especially with the coins throwing a new twist on the game, but Nintendo REALLY needs to start making these Mario games more difficult. It is pathetic how easy they are when I compare them to the classic Mario games. Sure, all games have gotten easier as time has gone on, for the most part, but the lack of difficulty especially with the bosses brings some shame for Mario games IMO.

Date:   Aug 24, 12 at 9:10pm (PST)
Yeah, even though time passes when you're having fun( I'm up to World 6 right now), the easiness is as disappointing as the bonus. Sure, collecting 1,000,000 coins is a certain challenge, but I even found World 1-3 from SMB harder than the levels in this game.

Author:   FluffyMuffins230
Date:   Sep 05, 12 at 12:05am (PST)
I had bought it the day before yesterday, or yesterday.. and I beat it today after a few times of the painful bower.. >.> So while it's a good game I don't think just getting the 3D's because of it is worthy enough. To me it sort of has a lasting appeal but eh.. I'd probably let my brother and cousin play it now.

Date:   Sep 05, 12 at 2:38am (PST)
Yeah, it'd look pretty weird with 3D on. In fact, I didn't put 3D on at all. It was fun getting to 1,000,000 coins, but apart from that and Coin Rush, there isn't that much fun in everything else.

Date:   Sep 05, 12 at 10:59am (PST)
quote FluffyMuffins230
I had bought it the day before yesterday, or yesterday.. and I beat it today after a few times of the painful bower.. >.> So while it's a good game I don't think just getting the 3D's because of it is worthy enough. To me it sort of has a lasting appeal but eh.. I'd probably let my brother and cousin play it now.
Yeah, this sums it up pretty well. It's a shame the game isn't slightly more difficult though. More lasting appeal is always good considering the other new 3DS games won't be around for a while.

Date:   Sep 07, 12 at 1:43am (PST)
Yeah, I haven't played a released Mario game( I missed 3D Land) since NSMBW, and I was hoping for something similar to its gameplay, but I wouldn't call it great now.

Author:   Thrawn
Date:   Sep 10, 12 at 5:28am (PST)
I've noticed coin W shapes throughout the game. Now we all know that W stands for Wario so what do you guys think of this?

Date:   Sep 10, 12 at 5:52pm (PST)
I've actually never noticed this before. Wonder if there's anything behind it, seeing as there's no other mention of Wario aside from this. Maybe it's due to the emphasis on coins?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.