Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The Race to 1 Million Coins - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57504/t1754319-race-to-1-million-coins/

Author:   Virtue
Date:   Aug 18, 12 at 11:25am (PST)
Subject:   The Race to 1 Million Coins
-------------------------------------------
Hello everyone, and welcome to the Race to 1 Million Coins, the first forum competition we'll have for New Super Mario Bros 2. For most of us (NA Residents), the game will not be released until tomorrow. However, there are one or two members who currently own the game. I figured I might as well lay out the rules now and get this thing started.

So what is this anyways?

The contest itself is pretty simple; First Neoseeker member to 1,000,000 will win the competition

What are the rules?

1. There is no deadline/timetable to this contest. It will end when the first person to 1 million coins contacts me in the appropriate manner listed below. I'd like to establish a forum-wide total in the future, but we'll get to that once we see how this goes.

2. In order to participate in this contest, you must PM me with a screen shot of your coin total, along with your member name. How you manage this doesn't really matter (write it on a sticky note on the side or something). This is just to ensure that no one's uploading random screenshots found throughout the internet. Format of the PM doesn't really matter to me, as along as the image is easy to see.

3. 1st Place Prize: Recognition at the forum header and a name change to go along with it. Much thanks to Sigma for the donation!

4. I'm not too "with it" in terms of cheats and hacking devices, but please don't attempt to cheat your way through this. It's supposed to be a contest where we can get some competition going, along with building some community here. While I don't think this will happen, anyone who does get caught will be automatically disqualified with the possibility of other issues.

5. I know, a few people have the game already (August 17th/18th). The difference of a day shouldn't matter all that much.

You can also use this thread to discuss any inquiries, as well as any frustrations you encounter while gathering coins. I'd say that's pretty much everything. This contest "starts" whenever you guys get your hands on the game. Good luck!

This message was edited on 2012-08-22T19:36:24-07:00.

Author:   Sakuraba Neku
Date:   Aug 21, 12 at 11:05am (PST)
Subject:   re: The Race to 1 Million Coins

I win

Author:   Sigma
Date:   Aug 21, 12 at 1:01pm (PST)
    Hey Virtue, if it's possible I might be able to give you my name change that I got through my wiki edits so you can use it for the contest. I'm not entirely sure if it's possible, but we can leave it up to Redemption to decide that.

Date:   Aug 21, 12 at 6:50pm (PST)
Sigma, that'd be fantastic actually. If/when you find out send me a PM. It'll probably be a while before someone hits one million so there's really no rush. Thanks!

Date:   Aug 21, 12 at 7:02pm (PST)
    Virtue Okay! I'll PM Red about it right now. Not sure how long it'll take for him to get back though, but yeah, i'll PM you when I find out. :3

Author:   Redemption
Date:   Aug 22, 12 at 5:33pm (PST)
It is allowed for people to donate their name changes to other members

Date:   Aug 22, 12 at 5:36pm (PST)
    I like how Red posts in this forum literally seconds after I message him.

But anyway, thanks Red! Virtue, you now have a prize for the winner.

Date:   Aug 22, 12 at 7:34pm (PST)
Thanks Redemption and Sigma! So now we have an actual prize. I'll update the first post with the details now, get to it everyone!

Author:   Thrawn
Date:   Aug 24, 12 at 6:20am (PST)
Virtue

What!!!!!! The prize is a name change! I'm going to win this no matter what the hell it takes, I'll play this game until I drop dead!

Author:   Fluidity
Date:   Aug 24, 12 at 8:49pm (PST)
witch_king

If you have almost 900 lives, or did as of this morning, I think it's safe to say you're in the lead.

Date:   Aug 24, 12 at 8:58pm (PST)
quote Fluidity
witch_king

If you have almost 900 lives, or did as of this morning, I think it's safe to say you're in the lead.

Yeah, but at this rate I think I'll earn a name change before I was to win this tbh. I have 107,000 coins now and I'v been playing a week. Overall it will be over two months before anyone was to win unless they played 24 7.

Author:   Fluidity
Date:   Aug 24, 12 at 9:02pm (PST)
Not if you play Coin Rush. If you're decent, you can get about 4,000+ coins a run. Play about 225 times earning this much and you'll reach 1m. It might be tedious but I don't think it would take 2 months. :3

Date:   Aug 24, 12 at 9:21pm (PST)
Yeah thats true, I suppose coin rush would be the best way to get it done. I really have played it little, I should play it more. I'v been to busy with unlocking the secret levels.

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Aug 25, 12 at 4:36am (PST)
It's certainly possible to reach a million coins quickly. Several japanese people have done it,.

Date:   Aug 25, 12 at 5:52am (PST)
quote Gotenks
It's certainly possible to reach a million coins quickly. Several japanese people have done it,.
They must play 24 hours a day!

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.