Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Final Fantasy X movie? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/569/t712259-final-fantasy-movie/

Author:   Roweski
Date:   Jul 05, 06 at 3:55pm (PST)
Subject:   Final Fantasy X movie?
-------------------------------------------
Is it just me or would FFX undoubtedly make an incredible movie. Many of the cutscenes were beautifuly done, and are, in my opinion, the same quality as those of advent children. The storyline is amazing, although the ending should definately be cleared up . What do you guys think?

Author:   Shuyu
Date:   Jul 05, 06 at 4:04pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Final Fantasy X movie?
Same quality as Advent Children? I, personally, don't think so. Even though the screens for Final Fantasy XIII are a superb visual feast, they don't quite reach AC standards, though they are frightfully close. The Playstation 3 is going to provide quality by way of graphics, something they really didn't acheive with FFX in comparison.
Final Fantasy X sold very well. It was Squeenix's - then Squaresoft - first game on the next generation PS2 console. People were excited. I like the game, don't get me wrong, but I haven't played it in ages.
The story is, in my personal opinion, more annoying every time I do play it, and I find the character's somewhat sub-par in a few ways. Tidus' clothing... WTF is up with it?

I don't think Squeenix would ever turn FFX into a movie, because it's just not popular like Final Fantasy VII. Even Advent Children got its fair share of bashing.

And when you have a sequel like X-2... Do we really WANT to see FFX turned into a movie?

Author:   roweski
Date:   Jul 05, 06 at 4:31pm (PST)
I repect your opinion, but having only played 1+2, 7, 9 and 10, i have to say that the story is the second best, and since 7 is already a movie . . . youve gots to remember that tidus is a jock (sorry, bad analagy), hes the sporting hero kinda thing. He doesn't look "bad-ass" like cloud, or Auron, but he's young and a blitzball player! I think apart from possibly tifa in FFVII:AC, Yuna and rikku have to be the coolest female characters in the final fantasy seris. I completely disagree with you in regards to the storyline, it is exquisite. Some previous story line could be worked in to give a better idea of Jecht etc.

Author:   Shuyu
Date:   Jul 05, 06 at 4:32pm (PST)
I never said the story was bad. Just more and more annoying.

And don't feel bad about the number of games you've played. I've only played VIII, X and X-2, and some on the GBA.

And Yuna and Rikku... Well, they obviously haven't seen Lightning in the clouds. Yeah, she can even fly now. XD

(The Lightning in the clouds thing was my lame attempt at a pun... Oh well, at least I tried.)

Date:   Jul 05, 06 at 4:43pm (PST)
Lol yeah was pretty lame i must admit that i hated X-2, i had a friend buy it off me about a week after i got it simply becuase i hated the battle system, it ruined the X eperience for me

Whats the storyline for XIII btw and when abouts is it likely to come out in retrospect to the PS3 launch?

Author:   Miss Razz
Date:   Jul 06, 06 at 11:28am (PST)
Since FFXIII has only just been announced very little is known about the story/characters/battle-system/etc.

And the release date is speculated to be about mid-2007. Although some people think that Squeenix are rushing to make it a launch-title with the PS3 release.

Here is all the information on FFXIII so far.

(p.s. FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus's graphics are better than Advent Children's graphics, and it's a PS2 game )

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And I personally do not want to see an FFX movie for two reasons (POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD) -

1. FFX-2 has ended the story. The threat to the world is over, Yuna found Tidus once again, and they all live happily ever after.
Although I preffered FFX's ending (it was more dramatic), FFX-2 wrapped everything up nicely.
And an FFX movie would be pushing it too far.

2. It's time that Squeenix started working on new FF games. FFX is finished. Let's move in to FFXII, FF: DoC, FFXIII, and so on.

Author:   malickspence
Date:   Jul 06, 06 at 11:36am (PST)
there are many mysteries to FFX maybe they could make a movie about yevon and yunalesca.?

Author:   Miss Razz
Date:   Jul 06, 06 at 11:42am (PST)
Yeah, but no-one really cares about them. We get the gist of their story and such.
But FF fans would rather see Tidus and the gang in a movie, instead of Yunalesca or Yevon.
Imagine Advent Children being about the Wutai War or something. Sure, it'd be cool to hear a bit more about FFVII's past. But ultimately, fans would have been disappointed about not seeing their favorite characters in the movie.

And like I said before -

quote Gothic Girl
2. It's time that Squeenix started working on new FF games. FFX is finished. Let's move in to FFXII, FF: DoC, FFXIII, and so on.
'Tis all just my opinion though.

Author:   Number 667
Date:   Jul 06, 06 at 12:33pm (PST)
personally, FFVIII would make a better movie than any of the others. Except maybe FFVI, but that's only because I want to see Kefka rape everyone in better grafix. xD

Date:   Jul 07, 06 at 8:57am (PST)
667 you sick ba$tarc! I'd love a movie of FFX itself, not having played FFX-2 all the way through i cannot which story is better than which. There is a post up from PSM2 magazine from SE claiming that there will defo be a FFX movie. I just hope that they dont mess this one up. They can do anything after X-2, and lets hope its not X-2 itself because from what i played of it, the storyling is crap - yuna finds an orb showing tidus captured an held prisioner, so she MUST rescue him ^o). A possibility is that between the two, but it doesnt leave very many options open, because tidus is "dead" but we may get to see how yuna/rikku and paine meet. My bet is that they do it on FFX itself, the storyline is so diverse, involving action, drama, revenge and romance etc. I loved the game so much i just hope it lives up to my expectations

Author:   Mcilrath
Date:   Dec 17, 08 at 8:02am (PST)
If you're going to make a 2 year bump, at least contribute to discussion rather than talk to a guest who likely never checked this board again.

~~

Personally, I think a FFX movie wouldn't be all that great. Whilst the plot does seem like something that would make a decent film (and I'd love seeing Omnis), some of the better stuff wouldn't even be thought about due to being entirely optional.

An X-2 movie would just be outright stupid.

Author:   Zhang Liao
Date:   Dec 18, 08 at 8:12am (PST)
play number 8 and see how annoying that storyline gets after playing it for years

haha lets compare

VII - Little runt of a hero whos got really bad emotional problems

X - Bigger runt who cant stop crying about how his dad left him.

surly if you made these 2 games into one big film people would be hanging themselves?

its all in the mind;)

Author:   Mcilrath
Date:   Dec 18, 08 at 10:58am (PST)
quote Zhang Liao
VII - Little runt of a hero whos got really bad emotional problems
Finally, someone who agress with me about Cloud!

Author:   Zhang Liao
Date:   Dec 21, 08 at 12:56pm (PST)
haha i can imagine my inbox to fill up with hate mail very quickly

but when you think about it
all the FF heros are just NOT hero material i dunno

if it was me i think square soft(at the time)should of dont a prequel to FF10 like you get to co ject,auron and braska

to me they were hero material

Author:   Mr Muffins
Date:   Dec 21, 08 at 4:56pm (PST)
quote Zhang Liao
haha i can imagine my inbox to fill up with hate mail very quickly

but when you think about it
all the FF heros are just NOT hero material i dunno

if it was me i think square soft(at the time)should of dont a prequel to FF10 like you get to co ject,auron and braska

to me they were hero material
Locke is a pretty good hero I thought, and even though it's a side game (prequel), Zack is probably the most "pure" hero in all the games.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.