Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Best blitzball team? - page 3

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/569/t549167-best-blitzball-team/3.htm

Author:   BahamutX
Date:   Jun 15, 05 at 2:03pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Best blitzball team?
-------------------------------------------
You can let a person off of the team if you try to hire somebody when you have eight people on your team already.

Author:   AE1903
Date:   Jun 15, 05 at 2:09pm (PST)
Yes I know. But I mean, for example, if I just feel like firing someone, can I do it?

Author:   Legendary Sephiroth
Date:   Jun 16, 05 at 9:01pm (PST)
What I meant was to hire other players and when the game told me that there were too many players that I had to get rid of those were the players that I got rid of.

Author:   s Vamp
Date:   Jun 16, 05 at 11:24pm (PST)
...here's my current team, all of them are under level 20, yet still ten levels higher than the competition.

F-Zalitz
F-Brother
C-Tidus
D-Naida
D-Wedge
G-Jumal

...how long will this team last me? I want to sign Nimrook ASAP, but what if he is resigned to the Psyches after each contract expiration?

Author:   GallantmonX
Date:   Jun 16, 05 at 11:40pm (PST)
That team will get you somewhere, since you at least have a few good players, but it also has a lot to do with how equally leveled up they are. I recommend that you just keep restarting the statistics and everything, or keep playing until you get Nimrook. He is a lot better than Jumal, and he will help you out a lot more.

Maybe you could also check out some more Psyches' players. The Al Bhed players are good too.

Date:   Jun 17, 05 at 12:15am (PST)
That's my problem...the Psyches are just re-signing their players after their contracts expire. I can't get my hands on any of them.

Author:   BahamutX
Date:   Jun 17, 05 at 1:05am (PST)
In that case, go talk to the person who you want on your team to find out how many games have to be played before his or her contract expires. Play until that person has one game left, save your game, then go into another blitzball match and forfeit. If the person you want to sign onto your team resigns with the team he or she is on, then restart your game and forfeit again. If not, then you'll be able to get him or her on your team.

Date:   Jun 17, 05 at 2:00pm (PST)
My Nimrook is not leveling up. I mean, in every game I play, I always win by 5-0 or more so Nimrook is not getting any action. Even if I try to let them shoot, my defense will smash the opponent team. Sucks!

Date:   Jun 17, 05 at 2:36pm (PST)
Yeah, so? If they don't get the ability to even score when playing you, then that means you're obviously doing something right, right?

But when (and if) the other teams start stepping up and manage to get past your defense, then Nimrook will eventually start getting somewhere again. Thats really the main reason why Blitzball gets boring after a while though.

Date:   Jun 17, 05 at 2:44pm (PST)
Well, you're right. It's like the team you control levels up so much faster than the rest. It's so boring. By the way, what's the hightest score you guys have managed to get. Mine was 9-0 against the Ronso Fangs.

Date:   Jun 17, 05 at 2:49pm (PST)
Ah, you got me here. I haven't really had the opportunity to play that much Blitzball, since it gets really boring after a while. But I think before I had my 'invincible' team, I've managed a 7-0 or something like that to the Goers.

I should try sometime today again and totally pwn your score

Date:   Jun 17, 05 at 3:05pm (PST)
Well, that was one in a million. The Fangs sucked at that time. I usually get from 6-0 to 7-0 in every game. But, let me know when you do better than 9-0.

Date:   Jun 17, 05 at 5:29pm (PST)
0-6 against the Fangs with the team I'm curently using. I found that goalies level slowly, as well...Nimrook is a great goalie. Let the opposing team whack a few blitzballs his way and let him level up. It's not as if they'll get anything past him.

Date:   Jun 17, 05 at 5:46pm (PST)
As GallantmonX said. If your goalie is not receiving any shooting is because you're doing something good. Don't really need to level up there.

Author:   Chobi
Date:   Jun 17, 05 at 9:29pm (PST)
I would have to say the Besaid Aurochs. It's basically the only team I know besides tha really good team. Al Bhed Psyches I think they are? I never really got into the whole Blitzball thing. It just isn't worth Wakka's weapon.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.