Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Best blitzball team? - page 24

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/569/t549167-best-blitzball-team/24.htm

Author:   -Andrew
Date:   Jan 20, 10 at 1:58am (PST)
Subject:   re: Best blitzball team?
-------------------------------------------
Once again, it always varies... But this team works very well for me:
LF/RF: Tidus
LF/RF: Brother
MF: Naida
LD/RD: Kyou
LD/RD: Ropp
GL: Durren
Brother is on the airship. Naida is in the Calm Lands. Kyou I believe is in Luca (I forget). Ropp... in a shop somewhere I think? Look it up. And Durren is near the cave where you get Yojimbo, in the area you reach north of the Calm Lands. Brother, Naida and Kyou are all faster than the average player which I've found helps quite a bit in catching other players.

Author:   SpartanNinja
Date:   Jan 22, 10 at 3:11am (PST)
if your at higher levels i find that Wedge is the best goalie but for your average player yes Nimrook is the best... if you can get him, whenever i tried he was always taken by somebody.

Author:   Krunal
Date:   Jan 22, 10 at 1:21pm (PST)
You shouldn't worry about Nimrook being taken, just to go the Airship and find him and press Square. See how many games remain, and just quickly play that many games -1 - best way to do this is to play Exhibitions against his team. Now go check to make sure he has one game left on his contract. If it says 1, then save. Now play another Exhibition match against his team, and forfiet it. (You may need to score a goal, can't remember if you do or not, but should be relatively easy with Tidus + Ject Shot 2).

Now what you need to do is see if he's been kept or not, if he has, then do a soft reset and play an exhibition against his team till he's let go of. Then just sign him up for the full 99 games and you're done. It's as easy as pie...

And personally, I prefer to have Wakka in my Team... which means that Brother for me is always Midfield, and Wakka LF (Tidus being RF). Don't ask why I have Wakka, I just prefer to have the main characters in my team...

Author:   Saevus
Date:   Jan 22, 10 at 8:53pm (PST)
just to clarify on acquiring nimrook, you don't need to "play" any games period. in an exhibition match against his team just forfeit every time (no need to be ahead or anything like that) up until he has one game remaining on his contract. save and do the same for the next game. if he resigns with al'bhed do a soft reset and repeat the process until he doesn't resign. then he's all yours.

Author:   barron1993
Date:   Jan 24, 10 at 7:13am (PST)
ive got

LF tidus (obs)
RF Brother (the pilot on the airship)
MF Pah guado (in the house on the far left of guadosalam)
LB botta
RB jassu
GF durren (found in the valley of the sunken fayth) starts off on 12 but increases fast as he's only on lvl 1

If anyone has any better backs i'm looking to trade up jassu. botta's fairly good but jassu is letting me down

Author:   Unholy_Bones
Date:   Jan 24, 10 at 6:18pm (PST)
For anyone looking for new players for their team I suggest looking at my team as the do not lose and rarely ever get scored on. Mainly because Brother is an epic part of the team.

Lineup:
LF: Brother [L64]
RF: Eigaar [L17]
MF: Tidus [L39]
LD: Judda [L14]
RD: Ropp [L18]
GL: Nimrook [L20]

My highest scoring game was 19-0. This happened yesterday and I was amazed as hell as i've been trying to beat my record of 13-0 [and get Wakka's Sigil]. Yes, I took a picture of it incase there are any disbelievers but because the list was so long it only listed up to the 13th goal. Although you can clearly see the 19-0 final score up top.

So there you have it. My opinion on a team that really kicks ass.

Author:   Saevus
Date:   Jan 27, 10 at 6:27pm (PST)
if he's still working for you that's fine, but if you look at the stat progressions of brother compared to other characters, post-50 brother becomes easily replaceable. he's a beast before then though.

Author:   ghost15
Date:   Jan 28, 10 at 6:31pm (PST)
This is something that I use...I usually do pretty well at Blitzball, and I've even taken some pictures of my tournaments and such...

LF: Tidus(never changes)
RF: Wedge/Brother
MF: Vuroja/Letty/Berrik(V > L & B)
RT: Ropp/Some Psyches Girl
LT: Jassu/Kyu
GK: Jumal/Nimrook

Author:   Brah Green
Date:   Feb 07, 10 at 1:07pm (PST)
LF-Blappa/Wakka
RF-Main Character
MF-Brother
LD-Jassu
RF-Zalitz
GL-Nimrook

Author:   frizzle
Date:   Apr 08, 10 at 5:00am (PST)
my favorite is:

Tidus - he can learn moves no one else can, good shot, fine end
Larbeight - second best shot in game at lvl 99, only to keepa
kiyuri - great pass, great attack, which i like from mid
ropp - best attack in game
irga ronso - second best attack in game
nimrook - best catch in game

nedus would also be a great forward. he has the best speed, and can draw everyone away from the goal, then shoot right infront of it. i have brother on my team, but rarely use him. linna is a great mid for pass and shot, but her endurence is low, and i like endurence for my mid.

i dont believe it is too difficult to win with any lineup, as long as the shot beats the keepers catch. in fact, you can just have tidus at defense and just jecht shot 2 all day. ive never lost a game (even the first one) and i only recently changed from the original aurochs (around lvl 70 for everyone but tidus)

Author:   fliqpar
Date:   Jul 13, 10 at 11:12pm (PST)
if you like playing blitzball and want to level everyone up to max then you HAVE to keep KEEPER from aurochs. at max stats he becomes the most powerfull attacking foward in blitzball hands down. even better than tidus.

Author:   HinumaBork94
Date:   Jul 14, 10 at 12:00am (PST)
hmm... im waiting for nimrook to be freed ... they keep rehiring him for like 27 games =.=" if i dont have nimrook , my team is like this

- Datto
- Wakka
- Letty
- Judda
- Jassu
- Keepa ( i want to change it to nimrook )

the order is the same with the blitzball formation . in my opinion , datto is the best player in blitzball . think about it guys . what's ur opinion ?

Author:   true_blitzer
Date:   Aug 06, 10 at 7:06am (PST)

lf = tidus

rf = blappa

mf = brother

ld = judda

rd = lakkam

gk = jumal (trying to get nimrook)

i know mainly al bhed but with this team ive never lost a game.

Author:   PowrerLevelBlitzer
Date:   Nov 13, 10 at 6:19pm (PST)
By Far the best blitzball team is

LF - Tidus/Linna
RF - Vilucha
MD - Brother
LD - Kyou
RD - Ropp
GL - Jumal/Nimrook

All free agents aswell (besides nimrook)

The main problem with vilucha is that you have to beat dark valefor for her (fairly easy if you use the don tonberry trick) and i have never had linna because i cant beat dark shiva but i heard shes immense (shes VERY HARD too beat and if anyone has any strategies for her i would appreciate some help).

Author:   Clief
Date:   Nov 24, 10 at 7:39am (PST)
I have

LF-Tidus
MF-Wakka
RF-Datto
LD-Botta
RD-Jassu
GK-Keepa

I kept the original team except Letty. And i'm suprised no one has Zalitz on their team, he is the fastest player. Datto being second...to my knowledge anyway.

I have a vid on youtube if any1 would like to watch it, a game i recorded today

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.