Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Requests, feedback, and suggestions - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/569/t1721606-requests-feedback-suggestions/

Author:   Aurora
Date:   Mar 15, 12 at 11:11am (PST)
Subject:   Requests, feedback, and suggestions
-------------------------------------------
The old thread was starting to show its age a bit (especially with the ban log, long rule list, etc.), so what with 2012 hopefully being the year of the HD remakes, I figured I'd make a new thread.

Your requests, feedback, and suggestions are eagerly awaited! Let's get this place going again.

Edit: Here's some stuff from the previous thread:

quote The Pursuit
I woulkd LOOVVVEEE to help freshen up the forum. This is my favorite game OF ALL TIME Auroa. SO if you guys need any help like Graphics or anything. Just shoot me a message or notification.
quote Aurora
But yeah, I'd love to freshen this forum up, particularly as the Vita release draws near. What does Enhance think?
quote Enhance
Just wanted to note that I'm definitely down to help with whatever you guys want done with this forum but I'm going to leave it to Aurora to be the main decision maker. He's the Vita cat mod and since this is a Vita crowd and Vita discussion he's the one that should be in charge.
quote Aurora
Thanks Enhance.

Is there anything specific that you guys have in mind? I'll see about closing the on-topic GD: there's really no need for it since we have a whole on-topic forum and an off-topic GD.
quote Jabba Overkill
+1
There seems to be no point in having one, plus it has filled 30 pages. By the way I think the header should stay for now. It's been there for many years and until someone comes up with a much cooler one I say we keep it. If someone has worked with photoshop before maybe they can provide a new footer though.

Author:   Vicarious
Date:   Mar 15, 12 at 11:27am (PST)
Subject:   re: Requests, feedback, and suggestions
I request that you go away Aurora. Kthxbye =]

Date:   Mar 15, 12 at 11:33am (PST)

Date:   Mar 15, 12 at 11:35am (PST)
quote Aurora

Wipe those tears away and quit being a woman. Love ya. =D

Date:   Mar 17, 12 at 4:15pm (PST)
Still trying to get back those pages of RFS posts that were lost.

I believe we were last discussing what to do with the index. I personally don't use indexes nowadays, because the forum search engine is so useful, but if some of you guys want to update the index then that's fantastic — I know that plenty of people still use them.

Is anyone here particularly familiar with the Wiki syntax? What we could do is make it into a wiki page so that anyone can edit it — then we can simply embed the page in a post.

Author:   Celes Leonhart
Date:   Mar 17, 12 at 4:21pm (PST)
There's absolutely no functionality in an Index. They were never used before the search function unless in forums with a No Duplicates rule (ie Movies, Music, etc) and with the search now existing their one-time use is removed.

Date:   Mar 17, 12 at 4:24pm (PST)
quote Celes Leonhart
There's absolutely no functionality in an Index. They were never used before the search function unless in forums with a No Duplicates rule (ie Movies, Music, etc) and with the search now existing there one-time use is removed.
My feelings exactly. I say remove the index and in the first page of the RF&S thread you put a little tutorial and guidelines on how to use the search functions of neoseeker.

Aurora

Date:   Mar 17, 12 at 4:29pm (PST)
I personally agree, although indexes can still be useful where search isn't: in thread categorisation, rather than pure searching. Like I said I'd understand if some members wanted to create one (after all, what's the harm?), although it's not something that I'd use often myself.

I'll unsticky the current one though — it's pretty old (last updated in 2006). If anyone does indeed want to work on a new one, just let me know!

Date:   Mar 17, 12 at 4:32pm (PST)
Also another thing Aurora in the first post of this thread you should also post a little info and tiny tutorial on how to use tags as well. We really need to express the new functions that are kind of being mistreated by being unused.

Date:   Mar 17, 12 at 4:34pm (PST)
I wholeheartedly agree, The Pursuit. Tagging is a powerful tool that's unfortunately underused — we'll see what we can do to sort that out. In fact, I might go and add some thread tags now, and then add some stuff to the OP.

Best to lead by example, right?

Date:   Mar 17, 12 at 4:37pm (PST)
quote Aurora
I wholeheartedly agree, The Pursuit. Tagging is a powerful tool that's unfortunately underused — we'll see what we can do to sort that out. In fact, I might go and add some thread tags now, and then add some stuff to the OP.

Best to lead by example, right?

Awesome can always count on you bro. Speak to me if you need some assistance.

Tagging can even work as a better index because it is simple to do and you canfind exactly what you are looking for with te click of a button. I went tagging all the threads in my forum but fell back on it. Might want to get started up on that again.

Date:   Mar 17, 12 at 4:42pm (PST)
By the way, gang, I managed to recover some of the deleted posts on Google Cache. A few have been edited into the OP to give context.

Author:   Celes Leonhart
Date:   Mar 17, 12 at 5:42pm (PST)
Hacker.

Author:   Jabba Overkill
Date:   Mar 18, 12 at 4:51am (PST)
I started creating a new Thread Index (just in case someone wanted to use it), but half way through making the thread I realized there aren't many threads to put there! Most have either been closed or deleted and I only found about 10 noteworthy in the first 60 pages or so...the fact that all game threads are closed didn't help either...

Date:   Mar 18, 12 at 7:35pm (PST)
quote Jabba Overkill
I started creating a new Thread Index (just in case someone wanted to use it), but half way through making the thread I realized there aren't many threads to put there! Most have either been closed or deleted and I only found about 10 noteworthy in the first 60 pages or so...the fact that all game threads are closed didn't help either...

With a forum this old that seems like a pretty inevitable thing. Thank you for the effort though. :]

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.